How To Be The Parent You Always Wanted To Be

How To Be The Parent You Always Wanted To Be

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  11 reviews

Hundreds of thousand of parents have attended Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish's patenting workshops; now, this unique audiobook will allow every parent to bring that experience home with them. Hear the inspiring real-life stories of parents who have put these ideas into action, and you'll soon realize that you can do it too.

By listening to this groundbreaking audiobook,

Audio Cassette, Abridged, 0 pages
Published September 1st 1999 by Simon & Schuster Audio (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about How To Be The Parent You Always Wanted To Be, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How To Be The Parent You Always Wanted To Be

Title: How to Be the Parent You Always Wanted to Be
Author: Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
Read by: Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio
Length: 1 hour, 8 minutes
Source: MP4 Audio from Simon & Schuster Audio – Thanks!

I previously have listened to the audiobook How to Talk so Kids will Listen and Listen so Kids will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish and picked up some good tips. How to Be the Parent You Always Wanted to Be is more of a review of that book wit...more
Bethany
I was given an ARC by the publisher through NetGalley.

I had expected this to be more like How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk in its style, but instead it was framed more as a workbook: a refresher course, so to speak, for specific situations in which a parent doesn't have time to dig through a whole book to find a solution to their problem. In that sense, I think the book succeeds. I'm giving it three stars, though, because I would have liked more universality and les...more
Silas
This was quite a bit shorter than I expected when I purchased it, but there was some fairly good advice on talking to children. As something of an empathic person, this wasn't reinventing the wheel for me, but there were a couple of good tips here, and the authors voices were rather amusing, and they kept it light and fun. It was probably worth the hour.
Ashley
Very quick read totaling 94 pages. Every page provides examples of situations parents find themselves in on a daily basis with suggested answers for how to approach each problem-four stars for this reason. Tangible and applicable problem solving to help you interact with your kids so they feel uplifted and empowered in the decision making process. Easier said than done! A handy resource for when you're not sure what to do.
Major Doug
Listened to this book: good verbal judo techniques for kids (& some adults); however, they used the same examples as one of their other books.
Mary
I'm not sure of the target audience of the book. Generally I like and believe all the information it was just so weird in its format.
Lisa
A very brief overview of concepts on parenting. Definitely not in-depth enough, very little details. Some good concepts introduced, but, they needed to go into much more details and specifics. Skip it.
Jen
I appreciated that this book was very practical, with lots of examples. The authors' approach seemed very similar to me to Parenting With Love and Logic.
Kenia
The book had very good examples. I dont think it went it to great details but then again with the few examples I was able to get a few good ideas.
Terra
A parenting graphic novel with quizzes and even better, actual, helpful answers and scenarios. This is what a parenting book should aspire to be.
Concise (which I appreciate) and very helpful. Contains some great nuggets of wisdom and practical strategies.
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Asma Abdulaziz
Asma Abdulaziz marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Selena
Selena marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Angie Matessa
Angie Matessa marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Kristen-Marie Freeman
Kristen-Marie Freeman is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2014
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Adele Faber graduated from Queens College with a B.A. in theater and drama, earned her master's degree in education from New York University, and taught in the New York City high schools for eight years before joining the faculty of the New School for Social Research in New York and Family Life Institute of C.W. Post College of Long Island University. She is the mother of three children.
More about Adele Faber...
How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too How To Talk So Kids Can Learn How to Talk So Teens Will Listen and Listen So Teens Will Talk Liberated Parents, Liberated Children: Your Guide to a Happier Family