Start by marking “You Can Prevent Global Warming (and Save Money!): 51 Easy Ways” as Want to Read:
You Can Prevent Global Warming (and Save Money!): 51 Easy Ways

You Can Prevent Global Warming (and Save Money!): 51 Easy Ways

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  8 reviews
If you follow just the no-cost and low-cost tips in this book, you will save over $2,000 and prevent the emission of 25,000 pounds of carbon dioxide (CO2) every year!

A new edition of our classic book with updated information on hybrid cars and a bold new cover.

Gallup polls indicate that 70 percent of Americans are concerned about global warming. You Can Prevent Global Warm
Published March 1st 2008 by Andrews McMeel Publishing (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about You Can Prevent Global Warming (and Save Money!), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Can Prevent Global Warming (and Save Money!)

Kevin
You Can Prevent Global Warming (and save money!) reveals 51 ways that you can reduce your impact on the environment while reducing your energy bills.[return][return]Some of the tips in the book have become fairly common knowledge, such as the use of compact fluorescent light bulbs, but there are a number of new tips and even the old ones are addressed with new helpful information.[return][return]What sets this book apart is how it helps you determine your financial savings over the long run and ...more
Kara Huggard
This is an excellent reference book for anyone who desires to live a more environmentally friendly life style. Each chapter contains brief and easy to understand explanations about environmental issues and the things we can do to reduce our impact. For each tip there is a chart explaining not only how many carbon emissions we can prevent, but also how much money we can save by implementing the tip. At the end of each chapter there is an annotated list of websites with more information. When I mo ...more
Tamara
Well, again it seems that I have hit the glass ceiling when it comes to being green.

This book was ok, but I didn't like that there were no pictures, and that every chapter was organized in such a way that the same info was given twice. (What You Should Know = incandescent bulbs are inefficient. Easy Ways You Can Help = buy fluorescent.) The two section should definitely have been combined.
Ellis
Apr 05, 2009 Ellis marked it as to-read
My youngest daughter loves to grab flyers at the library and tote them around. Yesterday's flyer was titled, "What You Can Do About Global Warming". I figured I'd add the books from the flyer to my to read list. Maybe I'll start a Green reading list in honor of Earth Day.
Deb
Another good reference! This one has a lot of startling statistics. It made me feel like an absolute heel, but motivated me for the better.
Kathy
You Can Prevent Global Warming (and Save Money!): 51 Easy Ways by Jeffrey Langholz (2008)
Peggy
Jan 12, 2009 Peggy is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
lots of short blips good book to put in the car
Tracy
the new 2008 updated version.
Kim R
Kim R added it
Mar 13, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2012
Rovena Mele
Rovena Mele marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2012
Katie
Katie added it
Aug 23, 2012
Trav
Trav marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2012
Alba
Alba marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2011
Gretchen Taylor
Gretchen Taylor marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2011
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2011
Kevin
Kevin added it
May 28, 2011
Lorraine Haataia
Lorraine Haataia marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2011
Julie Hedlund
Julie Hedlund marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2010