Start by marking “Dark Harvest (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dark Harvest (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #3)

Dark Harvest (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist #3)

Dark Harvest is no longer part of the Kismet Knight, Vampire Psychologist series. There is a new book #2 (Blood Therapy) and Dark Harvest is now new book #3: Crimson Psyche. Contact me at my website for further information.
Paperback, 1st Edition, 383 pages
Published October 1st 2008 by Medallion Press

To ask other readers questions about Dark Harvest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Harvest

Buggy
Jan 04, 2010 Buggy rated it really liked it
Opening Line: "Top o' the morning guys and gals, and welcome to "Wake up Denver"! WOW Radio's top-rated talk show."

Dr. Kismit Knight returns in this great sequel to The Vampire Shrink continuing her witty adventures into the world of vampires, the paranormal and magic.

It's been six months since Kismit began her relationship with the 800 year old gorgeous vampire known as Devereux. Although still very much in love with him (and the sex is still awesome too) Kismit is becoming increasingly frustr
Julie (jjmachshev)
Aug 28, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008-reads
I liked "Dark Harvest" by Lynda Hilburn and I'm not sure I can really explain why. It's not because I couldn't figure out the bit of mystery in this second book about Kismet, a shrink who gets pulled into the reality and power struggles of the vampire world. I knew who the bad guys were pretty quickly and saw most of what was coming. What kept me reading was the way Kismet tried to deal with the horror and mess her life has become and what she learns about herself in the process.

There's quite a
Cecile
Apr 01, 2009 Cecile rated it it was amazing
Kismet and Devereux live to tell another tale… are you ready for this one…

Kismet is still as hilarious as she was in the first book, if not more… she never lost that! And Devereux never lost his HOTNESS!!! (mental note… hubby walked by and saw that sentence.. He laughed and looked at me and said “He never lost his hotness huh..” what can I say… I love me sum vampires!!!!!) Thought I would give you a laugh!

Kismet opens the story by going on a radio talk show. It is no where near Larry King Live;
Tracy
Feb 01, 2011 Tracy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I can't begin to tell you how much trepidation I feel about submitting this review. I have to admit, I almost didn't. It's difficult being the only one who so greatly dislikes something most everyone else loved (see Amazon.com reviews), but I really didn't like Dark Harvest, and no amount of wishing can change that fact. I was hugely disappointed because I really liked The Vampire Shrink (4 stars for that one). Perhaps that colored my reaction to Dark Harvest, the crushed expectation leaving me ...more
Myvampfiction
Apr 27, 2011 Myvampfiction rated it really liked it
*Warning: possible spoilers ahead.*

Dark Harvest is the second book in the Vampire Shrink Series. The first book introduced us to Dr. Kismet Knight and her crazy introduction to the world of vampires. We meet the sexy Devereux and find out that even vampires can have psychological disorders. Of course, good defeats evil and Kismet is saved to continue her relationship with Devereux and continue seeing her patients, both human and vampire.

In this book, Kismet's life just gets more bizarre. It's be
Jen
Jan 27, 2011 Jen rated it really liked it
Shelves: x-read-in-2011
That's NOT Devereux on the cover :( That is an evil - rotten - no good - double crossing BAD VAMPIRE! - ok so he's hot - but I still would have loved to see Kismet laying across Devereux on the cover instead of Hallow - Hallow was NOT a cool guy bad guy in this book...

Ok When I first started reading this - something strange was happening to Kismet - our special Vampire Shrink started getting a little out of her own personality and into a little more darker personality - was she in control?? Har
Mily Lou
Aug 11, 2010 Mily Lou rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like vampire books.
Recommended to Mily by: NOONE
The outline for the story sounded both intelligent and intriguing, a psychologist who has to come to terms with the reality of the paranormal and then finds herself attracted to an 800 year old vampire. Unfortunately as a reader I found it difficult to connect with the story’s protagonist Kismet. I wanted to, but ultimately I found her to be somewhat irritating.

Especially vexing was her absolute refusal to accept that vampires exist. This is understandable at first, she is a doctor after all an
Rebecca
Sep 12, 2008 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal fans, romance
Kismet is back and she's got bigger problems than sleazy shock jocks making grabs at her. A caller not only calls into the radio show where Kismet is a guest, but he has incredible power, power to entrance everyone in Denver so he and she can have a little private time. Too bad Devereux is out of town.
She's not willing to voice her concerns as she is still reeling from the information that this paranormal world coexisting with her is real, but then she meets a new friend, witnesses first hand
Cindy
Jan 03, 2010 Cindy rated it really liked it
In this sequel to The Vampire Shrink a Very Bad Vampire comes to town complete with an Evil Plot that involves Kismet. A good read but not quite as absorbing as the first book although I still found it well written with an action packed plot and fascinating characters. Maybe it's just that I wanted Kismet and Devereux to have progressed more in the five months since the last book. She seems to wrap her 'divorced from the situation/non-judgmental shrink' mantle around herself too often. And maybe ...more
Pia
May 09, 2011 Pia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Eigentlich dachte die Psychologin Kismet Knight, sie wäre einer neuen Geisteskrankheit auf der Spur. Aber ihre Patienten haben sich tatsächlich als Vampire herausgestellt, und das war für Kismet – gelinde gesagt – eine ziemliche Überraschung. Die Vampirpsychologin hat nun eigentlich genug damit zu tun, sich an ihre neuen Patienten und ihre speziellen Probleme zu gewöhnen, da muss sie schon den nächsten Schock verdauen: Der älteste und mächtigste Vampir der Welt ist auf sie aufmerksam geworden u
VampireNovelFan
Mar 26, 2011 VampireNovelFan rated it really liked it
This series is really the exception for me. I so rarely enjoy paranormal romance compared to general urban fantasy with a healthy focus on a love interest though oddly enough I'm a big fan of shipping in general. But for some reason, this one's not so bad. Dare I say it's enjoyable.

Dr. Kismet Knight seems to be trying to adjust to her new life and new level of fame based on the murder mystery in the previous book. Now she actually counsels vampires for real. It helps that she's got connections,
Linda
DARK HARVEST is a continuation of The VAMPIRE SHRINK. I recommend that you read the first book so you understand both the characters and the setting of this story. ***Read my review on THE VAMPIRE SHRINK for a better explanation.***

Devereux wants Kismet to acknowledge that she is his mate and wants her to bond with him. Use to giving orders and expecting obedience, Devereux loves Kismet but she feels he has to learn to become a more modern man. He gives her his word that he will join the twenty-
Yvette
Jul 01, 2010 Yvette rated it did not like it
Ladiibbug
Aug 28, 2008 Ladiibbug rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Paranormal Fans!
#2 Kismet Knight, Vampire Psychologist series

3/12/14 Good Reads/Amazon Note on this book:

Dark Harvest is out of print. There is a new book #2 in the series, Blood Therapy. Some of Dark Harvest will be used for the new book #3.

Kismet is a guest on a radio call-in show where the DJ is a sleazy, groping idiot. She fights off his innuendos and hands while taking calls about vampires and the supernatural.

One caller dumbfounds her with his mental powers, and that kicks off this very exciting, action p
Sami
Nov 17, 2010 Sami rated it liked it
Dark Harvest is second book in the Kismet Knight series it is a some what thrilling paranormal romance that will make you laugh especially with Kismet trying to remember that Vampires can read minds, her mind to mind conversations with Devereux are hilarious however the plot become a bit confusing in particular when the ex boyfriend pop up then disappearing with a vampire girl named Zoë, a reporter turning into a good friend after one meeting, magic rituals occur in other dimensions ,Glenda the ...more
Kim
Mar 19, 2010 Kim rated it liked it
Kismet is the dumbest heroine I have read about in a long time! I was really excited about reading the book I loved the first one and thought this was going to be a great new series. The book started and I was not impressed I want more Devereux! I then realized these books are about her. Okay I will keep reading I started to skip parts, Kismet is stupid. However the story does bounce back toward the end and I actually wanted to know what happened.

Really it should be 3.5 stars only because the e
Lori Whitwam
May 06, 2010 Lori Whitwam rated it liked it
Melodie
May 05, 2009 Melodie rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2009
The first book by this writer in this series was a bit silly, but on the whole a fun read. This one, however, is an entirely different story. Dumb plot, very badly written. I hate the whole "this is what I'm saying, but THIS is what I'm thinking thing. It wears thin very quickly. Being constantly reminded of just how "hot" & irresistible our heroine is to practically any man. Give me a break. This was so bad that I couldn't even stand to read it all, I mostly skimmed the 2nd half just to get ...more
Shana
Mar 01, 2010 Shana rated it it was amazing
I really like this series, despite the weird dream like situations in this book, I must say that I have found even more reasons to fall in love with Devereaux. His relationship with Kismet is very sexy and sweet and endearing to me.

I especially like how the author transitioned the kismet character into a world that is supposed to not exsist. For someone who is sceptic and makes it enjoyable and believable to the reader as well.

You will love this series, even if you don't too particulary like the
Amber
Feb 17, 2009 Amber rated it really liked it
This is the second book. It deals with the same major characters as the first novel with a new plot twist and loads more sex involved. However, the sex is not graphic or overwhelming. More and more is revealed about Deveroux and the vampire society.The violence is more intense than in the first book.
The story line was great and I just could not put the book down. I am definitely enjoying this author.
Marie Booth
Sep 08, 2010 Marie Booth rated it did not like it
The first book in the series was good, even if it had a bit too much indecisiveness on the main character's part (hoping that this would start to resolve itself), and left it open for an interesting series. I was looking forward to reading this one, and finally put it down because the main character, Kismet, was so oblivious to everything that it annoyed the daylights out of me. No more of this series for me!
Mary
Jul 09, 2009 Mary rated it did not like it
I thought the first book in this series was fabulous, and what a disappointment this one was. It's like two different books, one a sit-com and the other a macabre vampire-thriller-wannabe were stitched together quite poorly. And did she have some kind of bet on with someone to see how many times she could use the word "muscular?" I've noticed she hasn't had anything come out in over a year, and nothing due out soon. Thanks for saving a few trees.
Pamela
I enjoyed this book which is a follow-up to "The Vampire Shrink" which I thought was slightly better than this one. Still great chemistry between Kismet and Devereux. I loved how the author gave Victoria a bigger role. Even the new character of the evil vampire Hallow was pretty good. My only disappointment was the lack of Alan Stevens presence in this book altogether. I also hope there will be a third book in the series.
Kate Kaynak
Jul 17, 2010 Kate Kaynak rated it really liked it
As a psych Ph.D. and a writer of paranormal books, I'm in a unique position to recommend this book. It's well done and believable within the supernatural framework that Ms. Hilburn has created. The reader can both identify with and root for the main character. I think this second installment in the series is even better than the first--the intense ending had my heart racing. When can we expect book 3?
Iyanna
Oct 07, 2012 Iyanna rated it really liked it
this book was a very good read,I didn't think that i was going 2 like it that much.Its a switch for vampires being cold,the vampire in this book have warm bodies,they lips are warm and they breathe warm air.I like the characters in this book,but they were alittle slow to find out that the enemy was already inside.its has some twists and turns
May 10, 2011 Sarah rated it it was ok
Just like the first book Kismet is being...duh! When the facts are in front of you don't look the other way ! Or question thing when it's obvious ! I like Devereux but I can't stand anymore non sense, I'm done with this.
Cindyg
Feb 14, 2009 Cindyg rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
2nd book in the series, liked as well as the 1st one. Our good doctor had no idea what she was getting in to when she started up her new practice.
Christine Hayes
Sep 12, 2009 Christine Hayes rated it it was amazing
Although it has been over a year since I have read the Vampire Shrink,I found myself slipping right in and loving this book
Brittney Bower
Dec 28, 2012 Brittney Bower rated it liked it
i wish this one ended diff or it was longer
Sandra
Mar 30, 2011 Sandra rated it it was amazing
Super :) Hätt nur gern ein wenig mehr Erotik gehabt.
Sexy Vampire Satire From Lynda Hilburn 1 2 Aug 09, 2011 02:28PM
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • Pure Healing (Pure Ones, #1)
  • Erotic Deception
  • The Devil's Masquerade: The Remedy (The Devil's Eyes, #5)
  • The Wages of Sin (Cin Craven, #1)
  • Midnight Lover (Forever Vampires #5)
  • Sins of the Flesh (Kith & Kynn, #1)
  • Bond of Fire (Texas Vampires, #2)
  • Outcast (Guardians' League, #2)
  • In The Flesh
  • The Path of Razors (Vampire Babylon, #5)
  • The Sweetest Torture (Sexy Shifter Shorts #1)
  • Dark Hunger (The Brethren, #2)
  • The Vampire's Revenge (Savannah Vampire, #5)
  • Enemy Lover (L.O.S.T #1)
  • Her Ex Next Door
  • Master of Shadows (Darkyn, #7.1)
  • Spectre (Zoe Martinique #2)
Lynda's books can be classified as urban fantasy/dark fantasy with romance, suspense/mystery, satire, horror, humor and sex.

Lynda Hilburn writes paranormal fiction. More specifically, she writes vampire books. After a childhood filled with invisible friends, sightings of dead relatives and a fascination with the occult, turning to the paranormal was a no-brainer. In her other reality, she makes he
More about Lynda Hilburn...

Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist (5 books)
  • The Vampire Shrink  (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #1)
  • Sex in a Coffin  (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #1.4)
  • Blood Therapy (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #2)
  • Crimson Psyche (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #3)