Start by marking “Italic Way to Beautiful Handwriting, Cursive and Calligraphic” as Want to Read:
Italic Way to Beautiful Handwriting, Cursive and Calligraphic

Italic Way to Beautiful Handwriting, Cursive and Calligraphic

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The Italic Way to Beautiful Handwriting is your key to mastering the Italic hand quickly and simply----minutes a day will do it. A step-by-step, trace-and-copy manual, it shows how to develop the handwriting you would really prefer---legible and beautiful, yet characteristically your own.

What is Italic handwriting? It was developed in early Renaissance as a "speedwriting"
Published July 1st 1977 by Collier Books (first published October 1st 1974)

Be the first to ask a question about Italic Way to Beautiful Handwriting, Cursive and Calligraphic

Stefanie
I liked this one slightly better than the other handwriting manual only because there is more explanation about why some letters can be connected and others can't and why it is a good thing to lift your pen while writing. I also found it more encouraging to the learner in developing a personal style. And he talks about adding small flourishes and gives examples to practice with. The actual practice exercises in this book are not as good as the other one though.
Penny
best calligraphy instruction that I have ever come across for the Italic hand....
Leslie
This is my eternal primer for all my calligraphy students. Elegantly simple, hard to find at times, but worth it.
Alejandro Caycedo
The basics are well covered. This book expanded my appreciation for calligraphy.
Marek
Marek is currently reading it
Jun 15, 2015
Gina Shillitani
Gina Shillitani marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Shan White
Shan White marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Felinae
Felinae marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Pete Petrash
Pete Petrash marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Priya Lakhotia
Priya Lakhotia marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Italic Handwriting for Young People The Italic Way To Beautiful Handwriting, Cursive & Calligraphic The Italic Way to Beautiful Handwriting: Cursive & Calligraphic Write Italic Book 3