Start by marking “Run for Your Life” as Want to Read:
Run for Your Life

Run for Your Life

Setting: New York City, present day

Sensuality rating: 8

High-powered attorney Victoria Kensington knows how to protect herself. In fact, she's spent her whole life protecting her vulnerable sister, Audrey, from their stern father's disapproval. But when Audrey, who's supposed to be painting in Venice, collapses at Victoria's feet in Central Park dressed only in a hospital

Published November 27th 2007 by Pocket Books (first published November 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Run for Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Run for Your Life

Angela
4/18/2013 Update: Finally available on Kindle! I've been waiting years for this. My paper copy is falling apart I've read this so much, but it's definitely time for a re-read.

Original review:
Victoria Kensington is on her morning run through Central Park when her sister, who's supposed to be in Italy, stumbles into her path. Audrey is wearing a medical gown, obviously sick, and warning her sister about danger. When Victoria goes to get help and returns, her sister is gone - without a trace.

Ignori
Rashika (is tired)
Nov 03, 2013 Rashika (is tired) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking for a good mystery/thriller with a good romance
Recommended to Rashika (is tired) by: I was stalking Angela's shelves
This woman is a fucking genius
'nuff said.

Read the book or don't, it'll be your loss.

Cross posted from Touch the Night

Ignoring all threats, determined to find her sister, and unsure whom to trust, Victoria vows to get answers. Then the only man she's ever loved, Zach, shows up in N
Emma
Feb 13, 2015 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: great-couple
Nice story with believable main characters and interesting plot. At times I found the writing a bit too earnest and overcautious, which stifled the romance a bit and made it feel too directed along the publisher specified correct path, but we are soon compensated with excellent scenes between hero and the heroine. The sex is slow coming but when it does is hot and delicious (note to those, few, reviewers of this book who were shocked about the bedroom scenes; if you don't want bedroom scenes, if ...more
Tami
Jul 31, 2012 Tami rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Too much in the sex department, not my kind of read. Although the plot of the hope institute's practices was quite good. This was the first book from this author that I've read, and it was a free to me book. If the rest of her books are like this I think I'll pass.
Lin S.
Dec 03, 2016 Lin S. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think the hospital story line was good. The entire book was way too wordy and certainly descriptive, if you know what I mean.........
Dallass
It's been pouring rain all morning, and having finished the book I was reading last night, I reached for the book on the top of my nightstand TBR. That book was "Run for Your Life".

Having enjoyed Scent of Danger, Twisted and I'll Be Watching You, I feel quite disappointed. The synopsis sounded so good, yet the reality is that the book drags, the protagonists are not believable, and instead of being drawn into a well crafted whodunit, I was treated to a poor substitute.

Victoria is an annoying ch
Andrew Langert
This book was written in 2000. I had read one other Andrea Kane novel, written in 2011, and liked it (4 stars), so I picked this one up expecting similar satisfaction.
Many books start out slow and then get saved by the author in the second half. This book is the opposite of that. It starts out very credibly and suspensefully. A young female attorney thinks that her younger sister is the unwilling victim of a drug trafficking ring and she sets out determinedly to protect her sister and bring just
Maura
Darcy
This book will give you second thoughts about heading to a hospital. The Hope Institute, on paper, looks like a great place, but once you look deeper there are all kinds of things wrong there. Victoria stumbles upon it when she randomly runs into her sister who is supposed to be in Italy.

As Victoria starts to peel back the layers it kept me guessing. I did not expect the bad guy to be who it was and was surprised for the reasoning behind it. I was also surprised by some of the sort of bad guys
Robert Colquhoun
Sep 16, 2011 Robert Colquhoun rated it liked it
I have no need for the gratuitous sex scenes; I more or less skipped over them. That being said, the story is good and the twist in the plot is well cloaked.
I'm not a romance novel enthusiast. However, the romance and rekindling of the relationship between the hero (Zach) and heroine (Victoria) was necessary for the story to tie together and, because they are both very likeable characters, enjoyable. Unfortunately, I can't get past the gratuitous sex. It was totally unnecessary and, in my opini
Booknblues
he theme of Run for Your Life by Andrea Kane sounded so intriguing that I bought this book. Seeing a sister in a yellow hospital gown in a state of distress only to have her disappear. Your father insists she is still in Florence painting rather than New York. All this is quickly explained and is not as intriguing as it sounds.
Reunited lovers with very little tension between them doesn't sizzle for me.

The book didn't work as a suspense or a romance for me, but I understand that others who appr
Afsana
Aug 23, 2010 Afsana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is the first time that I have picked up one of Andrea Kanes book and it was worth it

The book was fast paced and intriguing tryiong to suss out what the big secret wqas that revolved around the hospital and who was involved.

And what was surprising as who the players were and who they were not
Laurie Stoll
Jeanne
Mar 15, 2015 Jeanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Robert Eisen
Recommended to Jeanne by: Carol Rasmussen
This book is really a page-turner. The mystery kept me guessing with enough twists and turns to keep it interesting. It got quite exciting as the story unfolded. There were always new surprises. I'll be anxious to read others by Andrea Kane.
Sep 24, 2010 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the nicest book of Andrea Kane that I have read...
Shari
Jun 09, 2015 Shari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
what am amazing story... the end completely threw me. could not put it down
Shirley
Sep 26, 2009 Shirley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really like Andrea Kane. Couldn't wait to get to the end. Easy quick read, believable characters.... held my interest the whole way through.
Dee
Jan 28, 2015 Dee rated it it was ok
Okay book to pass the time.
Heather McDonald
andrea kane's first romantic suspense. not as good as her historical, but a very good start!
Deborah
Jul 17, 2016 Deborah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thriller with twists to the very end
Toesnorth's mom
plot fair but explicit sex over and over
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Melody
This was a fun fast read! For all you murder/mystery readers, it was worth a read.
Karen
Oct 22, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the characters and the character development
Audrey
Apr 05, 2012 Audrey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So bad!!! I stuck with it because I was hoping it would be some grest thriller, but it was charged with bad storyline and way too graphic sex scenes. Not my type and not very enthralling.
Doris
Feb 22, 2013 Doris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kept you engaged throughout the story line. Great writing!
Kelly
Sep 11, 2015 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: andrea-kane
The book started off well but by the middle had lost its luster. Overall was still an ok read but not one of my favorites by Ms. Kane
Cheryl Nation
Just an OK book, quick read
Deb
Feb 20, 2015 Deb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book for the airport & flight.
The hunt for the theme of the story coming together could have been shortened/edited.
  • Against the Wind
  • Wait Until Dark
  • The Rapids (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #3)
  • Hold Back the Dark
  • Traceless (Less Series, #1)
  • Killing Her Softly (Griffin Powell, #5)
  • Burnt Bones  (Special X, #7)
  • Kiss Them Goodbye (Bayou #3)
  • And Able (Mercenary Trilogy, #3)
  • Dead End (Dead #4; John Mancini #6)
  • On the Edge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1.5)
  • The Potus Papers (Nick Ryan Mystery Series, #1)
  • The Secret Ingredient (Secret Ingredient, #1)
Coming in September 2017 from Andrea Kane: A Face to Die For.

ANDREA KANE's psychological thriller, The Girl Who Disappeared Twice, became an instant New York Times bestseller, the latest in a long string of smash hits. With her acclaimed signature style of developing unforgettable characters and weaving them into carefully researched story lines, Kane has created Forensic Instincts, an eclectic te
More about Andrea Kane...