Start by marking “Fighting Strong (Fighting For Love #2)” as Want to Read:
Fighting Strong (Fighting For Love #2)

Fighting Strong (Fighting For Love #2)

When Katie Lloyd finds out that her stepfather is dying, she’s determined to get to him, no matter what. Thwarted by transportation problems and challenged by bad weather, she ends up having to accept help from the one person she can’t imagine being trapped in a car with on a five-day road trip: Adam Pierce. He’s huge, muscled, arrogant and ferocious, and Katie and Adam ...more
Published August 9th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Fighting Strong, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighting Strong

Janey
Mar 19, 2016 Janey rated it liked it
I'm giving it three stars because it was too short!!, sweet story though, serious theme but handled well.
Steph
Jan 21, 2015 Steph rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marysol-james
this was stunning- gotta love the alpha males :) I want an Adam!
Stacey is Sassy
Jan 06, 2016 Stacey is Sassy rated it really liked it
Shelves: cont-series
Short but packed with emotion...

This book is the second I have read by this author and luckily for me I picked it up for free. I liked it more than the first story because the Hero, Adam is a decent guy. He doesn't act like a douchebag and comes across as a genuinely nice and sweet guy.

When we first get to know Katie she comes across as dark, angry and hiding herself behind black clothes, goth makeup and a bad attitude. In this story we find out her reasons and they are not nice.

Adam and Katie s
Laura Hannaway
Sep 23, 2014 Laura Hannaway rated it really liked it
This was really good. An extremely well written story about the aftermath of physical and sexual abuse and a thoroughly romantic love story as well.
Though it was understandable my only criticism is that the story focused almost exclusively on the heroine's back story whilst the hero's was glossed over to a large extent. Due to the story's subject matter this wasn't unexpected but none the less I would have liked to know more about him. For example is he close to his family he seems to like and
Karen
Feb 26, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it
Just wow. I was skeptical about this book after book one fell flat but this book was so much better than I had hoped. Adam and Katie won me over. I knew there was a vicious back story on Katie but never knew it would have been that telling. Katie comes across as such a bitch to Adam and now that he’s tasked with helping her, he gets to know her better than anyone else. Adam is so patient and kind with Katie.

I like that although this is Adam and Katie’s story you still get a glimpse of Nick and
Nicla

Surprised at how much I enjoyed this book. It was a quick and easy read with a extremely sweet alpha.

My only wish is that I would have read book 1 of the series first as the H & h meet in that book and also there is a lot referring to the previous couple from book 1.

Overall a great story that left wanting to read more by this author.

Note this book does deal with some heavy issues (view spoiler)
Terri
Aug 11, 2014 Terri rated it it was amazing
My favorite so far! Love Adam and want him for myself ;)
JJH--Judy
Really liked it

4 1/2 stars. I really liked this one. It pulled me in a different direction emotionally than I expected. We first meet this couple in the previous book for this series that pretty much concludes that they do not like each other. Given that I already knew there was going to be major tension, I did like the way the relationship progresses--the circumstances made it seem more probable to me. I loved the way the h handled being confronted with her past, given the sensitivity of the su
Bev
Jan 30, 2015 Bev rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This is another of MJ’s book that deals with a sensitive issue, and it’s done so well. I love the enemies to loves trope, watching their relationship evolve from wanting to rip each other’s heads off to being totally 100% gaga for each other. I also love that we get both POV’s so can experience this with them.

Shirley
Dec 24, 2015 Shirley rated it really liked it
4 -4.5 stars

Yet again another good read from MJ. This one is Adam and Katie who didn’t really get along in book one. When Katie needs him Adam totally steps up and I loved him, he was a real gentle giant. Katie has had a terrible childhood and she has to deal with some major issues from her past but Adam was with her every step of the way.
Lexie McLaughlin
Feb 05, 2015 Lexie McLaughlin rated it it was amazing
Great random Wednesday read

Good book. Very emotional. I love the connection to photography. I wish we heard more about the couple in the first book but this book was about the struggles and I think it will help people in the same situation.
Michele bookloverforever
Feb 23, 2015 Michele bookloverforever rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, ebooks
a badly damaged survivor of sexual abuse confronts her abuser and begins to heal. then falls in love.
Jeana
Nov 19, 2015 Jeana rated it it was amazing
Full of different emotions. The unacceptable behavior from a father figure made me want to kick is ass.
Suzy Baba
Jul 17, 2015 Suzy Baba rated it it was amazing
This book was a fast read and it melted my heart with the tragedy that took place years ago but still shows signs of pain well into the future.
Angela
Apr 17, 2016 Angela rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome book & series! Ms. James truly knows how to draw you into her characters and stories, and love every minute of it!
Deidra
Deidra rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2015
Leticia Fernandez
Leticia Fernandez rated it it was ok
Nov 24, 2016
Ashton
Ashton rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2015
Menlindannk
Loved the story, loved the characters, loved this book!
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2015
kk
kk rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Nadine Benigno
Nadine Benigno rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
Sommerbabe
Sommerbabe rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2014
Jennifer Wilson
Jennifer Wilson rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2015
Cindy
Cindy rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it liked it
May 18, 2015
Laura rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2014
Karla
Karla rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
Roberta
Roberta rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2015
Jaquana McNeil
Jaquana McNeil rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Marysol James Add...: Fighting Strong (Book #2) 1 1 Jul 14, 2015 04:11PM
  • Badass - The Complete Series
  • Perfect (Italian Lovers, #1)
  • Fakers (Canaan Island, #1)
  • Destroy Me (Destroy 2)
  • Broken Pieces
  • Under the surface ( Love is not enough, #2 )
  • Wish On the Moon (Finding Mr. Right, #8)
  • Hot Beach Romance: Sand, Sunshine and Sizzle
  • Task Force Bride (The Precinct: Task Force, #5; The Precinct #21)
  • Striking Back
  • Safe by His Side (Manhunt, #2)
  • Loving Abby
  • Limitless (Limitless, #1)
  • Because of Beckett (Torey Hope #2)
  • Lavender Beach (Pelican Pointe #8)
  • Grayson (This is Our Life Series #1)
  • The Last Execution
  • Fair Play (Diamond, #1)
Marysol James was raised in a small town in Canada and is still a small-town girl at heart. She's a cancer survivor, cinnamon bun lover, and hardcore caffeine addict.

Marysol crosses genres in her writing, happily and enthusiastically. To date, she's published 24 steamy, sexy, slinky Contemporary Romances spread over four different series, including the Amazon best selling 'Unseen Enemy' and 'Dang
More about Marysol James...

Fighting For Love (5 books)
  • Fighting Hard (Fighting For Love, #1)
  • Fighting Love (Fighting For Love, #3)
  • Fighting History (Fighting For Love, #4)
  • Fighting Back (Fighting For Love, #5)