Start by marking “Knock 'em Dead (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Knock 'em Dead (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery #2)

Knock 'em Dead (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery #2)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  573 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Paralegal Finley Anderson Tanner (F.A.T. to her enemies) knows a good deal when she sees one, but a raw deal is a different matter...

Finley knows it can’t be good news when she’s awakened at 5:40 A.M. by someone knocking on her door. Her hunch proves correct. Finley’s pal Jane is hysterical and clad only in a negligee. It all started when Jane went out on a blind date with
Published March 1st 2008 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Knock 'em Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knock 'em Dead

The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa GregoryPersuasion by Jane AustenPippi Longstocking by Astrid LindgrenGone with the Wind by Margaret MitchellAnna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
Headless Women
372nd out of 450 books — 121 voters
Sex in the Title by Zack LoveThe Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin DionnePippi Longstocking by Astrid LindgrenConfetti Girl by Diana LópezThis Girl Climbs Trees by Ellen Mulholland
Books with Feet on the Cover
88th out of 101 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Tammy
This book ticked me off in a BIG way. 1) The book is unresearched and contains bogus facts that triggered my legal geek button; and 2) I paid the hardcover price.

Finley Tanner is a paralegal specializing in estate and probates in the state of Florida. (Right up my alley! Except I do it in Washington.) When her best friend, Jane, shows up at her door covered in blood, she calls an attorney at her office and contacts the police. Turns out Jane went on a date that was arranged through a high class
Miko Wiropati
4 stars are for the fun experience I had when I read this book.

I don't know much about paralegal world, so I didn't care whether the author wrote this book based on research or not. One thing I know that I laughed over FAT's silly moves.. and that's enough for this kind of book.

This is the kind of book that I read totally just for fun.. ;)
Lindsey
Following the escapades of Finley Anderson Tanner as she tries to solve the mystery of who really killed the man her best friend is charged with murdering.

Fun and light in the Stephanie Plum vein, crossed with the Shopaholic. The plot isn't quite as original, especially the side story involving Finley's boyfriend Patrick, which you can predict a mile away. But still entertaining.
Charles Duvel
This was my first look at Rhonda Pollero's character Finley Tanner and I have to say I was rather surprised out how easy and enjoyable the reading was. I like a good humorous novel and Pollero knows how to keep it both light and amusing with a good story. I look forward to reading her other books.
The Peon
I finished the entire series of Finley Anderson Tanner books by Rhonda Pollero. This series was a VERY VERY simple read. It was a combination of Chick-Lit and Mystery…but mostly Chick-Lit, the mystery was much to be desired. The author’s writing is beginner level at best. Do not get me wrong, I read the books and enjoyed them to some degree, however the plots were sub par and unbelievable. The author would introduce a problem but often times would not resolve it. Another thing that was annoying ...more
Steph
Becky
I loved this book! Finley was a very likeable character, and she was funny! Normally, I don't love books that are written in first person, but after a few pages, I forgot about that personal preference. The story was well written, and it didn't lose my attention. If you like mysteries and sassy heroines, you will enjoy this book.
Sandy
Knock 'Em Dead is a well-written, captivating and highly entertaining novel. There are a lot of things I love about this book; the in-depth characters and storyline, the plot, dialogue, and fantastic scenes. It had me rooting for Finley the whole way! I was glued to this book and I loved every part of it. Not only is it realistic and believable, but it's also very easy to relate to. Each character has their flaws despite their overall appearance. One thing I hated was how Finley was indecisive r ...more
Lynn
First reviewer, Tammy: Some notes.

1. She couldn't get on Westlaw, because she has been fired from the firm and they cut iff her Access. True, she should have known better than to even try.

2. The bank never let them liquidate Jane's assets, but they will accept a notarized power of attorney. I used to deal with that all the time, when my Navy officer husband was deployed. In Florida.

3. Finley had authority figure issues, but everything she did was for someone else...her friend who had come to her
Josi
I really enjoy the Finley books. I am rereading them. I like the blend of humor, mystery and romance.
Nancy
Nothing unusual here in this book.

Traditional murder mystery with an amateur who thinks they are the next Sherlock Holmes or Miss Marple with undercurrents of sexual tension.

But it was an enjoyable read.

Clue #1:

If some evil looking person says to you don't go down to the basement, then don't go down there.

I notice in these types of books the protagonist just doesn't understand that clue!
Brittany
it definately wasn't the worst book i've ever read, but it came close to the "just-plain-waste-of-time" category. however, i always feel the need to finish books i start, unless they're god awful. it was okay story-wise, but i really disliked finley. she did a great job in portraying the stupid, naive blonde who doesn't listen to what they're told and lacks in the common sense and willpower department.
Béatrice
Nettement moins enlevé et drôle que le précédent, de la même collection (girls in the city)avec un peu trop de références à mon goût à la mode et au "sexy" utilisé à tout bout de champ.
Becky
I really enjoyed this series so far (even though I read book 3 and then books 1 and 2). This book was no exception. Can't wait for the next one. Kind of surprised it is not coming out until next year, but I guess I'm not sure when the 3rd came out, so maybe that's not as unusual as it seems to me. :)
Doris
I noted some content errors (i.e.: referencing the wrong Meg Ryan movie for its famous deli scene) but I still enjoyed this book for its humor, spunk, zany antics, sexual tension, family and shopping dynamics, entertaining friendships and intriguing mystery. I read her first, will read her next.
Carrie
This one was fun too. I like the twists in her mysteries and the mess that is Finley's life. I mean, all she did was open her door for a friend! The heat with McGarrity is a nice bonus, and the clothes were again fabulous.
Gail Jorgensen
Very enjoyable Finley is a riot she gets in more trouble and wears expensive clothes while doing it.It is light reading and a mystery and a sexy man along for the ride,
Sue Denice
Like the characters in this series. Fun if you're familiar with the Palm Beach area. This 2nd book was better than the first and the next 2 are also good.
Jenn
Jan 29, 2013 Jenn added it
Shelves: just-cant-do-it
I tried, I really did. But yet another main character that makes me put the book down and not ever want to open it again.
Sophiaa Ess:)
I got bored within the middle of it but when i pute my nose back into it i can say the ending was pretty witty and satisfying. :)
Lauri Rottmayer
Loved this book! Love that Finley drinks so much coffee like me. :-) I can't wait to read Rhonda Pollero's other books!
Jeanne
This was just what I needed, a mindless escape from the real world. A mystry a little romance and a few witty remarks.
Melanie
Lots of references to the previous book in this series. Finley is a tad shallow for my tastes, but overall a 2.75.
Libbey
follow-up; better than the first, solves the case when her best friend is charged with murder.
Mich
Liked it but not. As much as first one. Finley is in the running tho for a Stephanie plum wannabe!!
Loved this book! totally a fun read. A good combination of mystery and romance.
Sondra Caserio
Apr 07, 2008 Sondra Caserio is currently reading it
This is the followup to the novel "Knock Off". It just arrived in the mail today. Yippee!
Kerry
The book was okay. A lot on fashion and just not all that interesting to me.
Karla
Rhonda Pollero is an amazing writer. Ijust love her sense of humor !!!
Lori
interested in reading others in the Finlay Anderson Tanner mystery series
  • Unscrewed (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #3)
  • Quick Study (A Murder 101 Mystery #3)
  • No One to Trust (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #2)
  • Hollywood Headlines Mysteries Boxed Set (Hollywood Headlines, #1-3)
  • The Wombat Strategy (Kylie Kendall Mystery, #1)
  • The River Killings (A Zoe Hayes Mystery #2)
  • How I Learned to Love the Walrus
  • Perfect (Kick Keswick, #3)
  • Murder Packs a Suitcase (Murder Packs a Suitcase, #1)
  • Angel Food and Devil Dogs (Maggie Gale Mystery, #1)
  • Pampered to Death (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #10)
  • Wiped Out (Charlotte LaRue Mystery, #4)
  • Killer Cocktail (Molly Forrester Mystery, #2)
Rhonda Pollero also writes under the name Kelsey Roberts.
More about Rhonda Pollero...

A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery (5 books)
  • Knock Off (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery #1)
  • Fat Chance (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery #3)
  • Slightly Irregular (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery #4)
  • Bargain Hunting
Knock Off (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery #1) Fat Chance (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery #3) Slightly Irregular (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery #4) Bargain Hunting Knock 'Em Dead