Start by marking “Embracing the Icon of Love” as Want to Read:
Embracing the Icon of Love

Embracing the Icon of Love

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1 Rating  ·  1 Review
Since its mysterious origin in Crete, its hidden journey to Europe, and its enshrinement in the Church of St. Alphonsus Liguori in Rome, the icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help has become a beloved focus of devotion for millions of people.

In Embracing the Icon of Love Br. Daniel Korn, iconologist for the Redemptorist order, relates the intriguing history of this famous ic
Published June 1st 2015 by Liguori Publications (first published February 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Embracing the Icon of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Embracing the Icon of Love

Stuart
Sep 14, 2015 Stuart rated it it was amazing
There are a lot of things I love about Christianity. I love reading Scripture and commentaries that point out things I miss. I love the complexity of the Rosary and the simplicity of the Jesus Prayer. I love the knowledge of the Church Fathers and the simplicity of the childlike Saints! And I love the beauty of icons, but more than that I love the depth of icons. Brother Daniel Korn shares this love of iconography, and it is on full display in his book Embracing the Icon of Love.

Embracing the Ic
Resa
Resa added it
May 11, 2015
Lisa Hendey
Lisa Hendey is currently reading it
Aug 15, 2015
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Chelsea Zimmerman
Chelsea Zimmerman marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
Jorel
Jorel marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Bernie Tomasso
Bernie Tomasso marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016