Start by marking “Light Perpetual Shines” as Want to Read:

Light Perpetual Shines

Sam works as a hospital chaplain and volunteers as chaplain with the local police department. Called to the scene of a domestic dispute, he crosses paths with Frank, best friend of the victim. Though the two share a moment, they go their separate ways… but meet again outside the hospital after one of Sam's patients dies…
ebook
Published February 4th 2015 by Less Than Three Press

To ask other readers questions about Light Perpetual Shines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Light Perpetual Shines

Milica
Mar 09, 2015 Milica rated it really liked it
By now,I think I can say that Kathleen Hayes' books are auto-read for me...
In that non-sensational,straightforward narrative,so fluent and coherent,giving a reader effortless reading experience where words just have that natural flow about them and in the same time leaving emotional signature,she will lure you into the story before you know it,and she didn't disappoint this time,even with a short story like this.
Blurb pretty much says it all,so what can I say...highly recommended!
Jen
Feb 06, 2015 Jen rated it really liked it
Note: This ARC was provided by Less Than Three Press via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Light Perpetual Shines
is a short story written by author Kathleen Hayes and is about two people who meet for the first time after a horrific event and create such an impression on one another but go their separate ways. When they meet again six months later, it is immediately after yet another traumatic episode. With all the pain and darkness that surround them, will they be able to find the ligh
T. Smith
Feb 01, 2015 T. Smith rated it liked it
When Sam, an openly gay chaplain, is called out to a crime scene he doesn’t treat the gender fluid gal that allegedly committed the crime any different than he would treat anyone else. He is kind, respectful and courteous, which catches the attention of Sandra’s best friend Frank. It is several months later before they meet again, but Frank hasn’t stopped thinking about Sam since that night.

This time Frank is a shoulder for Sam to cry on after Sam looses a patient to a gunshot wound. The attract
Gervan
May 23, 2015 Gervan rated it really liked it
I had forgotten what this book was about when Netgalley approved my request so I pretty much went in blind.

This was my first time reading something that had such a strong religious component. I found it really refreshing. Most dramas are either medical and focus on the doctors or crime and focus on the police but in LPS we get the focus on a hospital chaplain. And a gay one at that.

One of the larger themes explored in this short story is that of acceptance. Not just being accepted for one's sexu
Susan
Feb 24, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it
When I won a copy of Light Perpetual Shines by Kathleen Hayes, I did not realize how touched I would be by the story. As someone who left her church over their stance on gays, I loved that Sam discovered acceptance in another church. I found the story to be sweet and thought it hit on many truths that everyone should view as charitable. And it of course it had a HEA for Sam and Frank!
Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2016
Joanne
Joanne rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Eleanor
Eleanor rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2015
Agony Tate
Agony Tate rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Megan
Megan added it
Oct 27, 2014
Riayl
Riayl marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Säsä
Säsä marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Dreamer80
Dreamer80 marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
~Krystal
~Krystal marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Kathleen
Jan 24, 2015 Kathleen marked it as mine  ·  (Review from the author)
Neko
Neko added it
Jan 25, 2015
Tj
Tj marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Sadonna
Sadonna marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Eldereze Booysen
Eldereze Booysen marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Shari
Shari marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Sheryar
Sheryar marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2016
Kathleen Hayes is a bit of an all around geek. She has mastered the art of procrastination, is owned by two crazy cats and is excited to have just added a fellow super geek to her clan. Kathleen loves to explore worlds – whether in her head or on page. She welcomes you into her worlds and hopes you have as much fun there as she does!

She writes M/M Romance and poetry. Check her out at Romacing the
More about Kathleen Hayes...