Start by marking “Synchronizität: Die Verborgene Ordnung ; Das Sinnvolle Zusammentreffen Kausal Nicht Verbundener Geschehnisse ; Die Moderne Wissenschaft Auf Der Suche Nach Dem Zeitlosen Ordnungsprinzip Jenseits Von Zufall Und Notwendigkeit” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Synchronizität: Die Ve...

F. David Peat

With fascinating historical anecdotes and incisive scientific analysis, this important work combines ancient thought with modern theory to reveal a new way of viewing our universe that can expand our awareness, our lives, and may well point the way to a new science for the twenty-first century.
Published 1992 by Goldmann (first published May 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Synchronizität, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Synchronizität

John
Feb 29, 2012 John rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1991. I have a crush on Pauline Caluya, but I am restrained from pursuing her. She is a commie and runs with a real different crowd. I fear my feelings, if reciprocated, would result in a failed relationship. One night, I dream of both Pauline and I in a weight room along with a tiger—as tigers so often are… in gyms. Also, as is well known and as tigers are prone to do in such places, that being squats, so was this tiger doing. Several thick-necked caucasoidal men were loudly testayellerroning a ...more
Bridgett
Discusses the potential union of matter and mind, both of them being simultaneously reflecting reality in synchronicities. Gave some rather detailed examples but overall a simple description of some of quantum physics.
Mike S
Feb 06, 2008 Mike S rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: metaphysics
I thought this was a well-written book, it has 8 chapters, each one makes its case clearly, with lots of interesting references, including the work of Jung, Pauli, Prigogine, Einstein, Bohm, Sheldrake, Heisenberg, Hume, Koestler, Freud, Casimir. It touches on interesting questions and suggests many interesting ideas, I found the book throught-provoking and well worth the read.
Robert
Mar 04, 2012 Robert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Synchronicity by F. David Peat is an attempt to explain the following:

I was just thinking about you, hadn’t seen you in years, and suddenly there you were.

I had a dream you weren’t well, and now I find you have cancer.

I woke up feeling lucky, don’t know why. Went to the racetrack and picked two winners.

What is going on here? Peat suggests that there are two orders in the universe: the explicit, which is what we see, and the implicit, which underpins and connects what we see to realities distant
Craig Williams
I found this book at work, and due to the condition of it, it was trash can bound, so I snatched it up. I have always had an interest in synchronicity, and thought, "wouldn't be an interesting synchronicity that I found this this and it changed my life?" Well, the jury is still out on the life changing part...

This book was a doozy to get through. There were many moments when I considered quitting, but being that I had quit one difficult book to read this one, I felt too guilty to give up, so I
Genndy
Dec 16, 2016 Genndy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very interesting publication dealing with the matter of possible interconnections between matter and mind. It is highly objective and scientific as much as it can be while dealing with this type of speculations. It presents the theme through the modern scientific physics theories, mixes it with Jung's transcendentalism and is not afraid to schetch it's own bold conclusions. One of the best books on the subjects of interconnection of subjective and objective reality.
Jan Höglund
Jun 04, 2016 Jan Höglund rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about synchronicity. Three chapters are about Sigmund Freud (pp. 27--32), Carl Jung (pp. 33--47), and Wolfgang Pauli (pp. 48--63). The author is a former theoretical physicist, and Wolfgang Pauli was a theoretical physicist, so many other physicists are mentioned in the book, for example Werner Heisenberg (pp. 48--50), Isaac Newton (pp. 64--66, 78--79), Michael Faraday (p. 66), James Maxwell (p. 66), and David Bohm (pp. 71--73, 126, 132).

I found the collaboration between Carl Jung a
Marjan
Dec 16, 2014 Marjan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This may be one of the most memorable books I've read in 2014. A quantum physicist takes us on a dazzling road of interdisciplinary thinking where he explores the depths of Jungian thought, shamanic traditions and physical theories, all in one single stroke, without trivialising any of them. In his quest he comes to many of the conclusions McGilchrist would write in his book (The Master and his Emissary), but from an entirely different perspective.

Sinchronicities are a curious phenomena that is
Leonardo
Sep 17, 2015 Leonardo marked it as not-yet  ·  review of another edition
Una de las ideas favoritas, con cara de Jano, que movilizan los espiritualistas de la Nueva Era es la noción de sincronicidad derivada de la física cuántica: la precisa noción cuántica de sincronicidad (dos partículas separadas están interconectadas de tal forma que el giro de una de ellas afecta al giro de la otra en menos tiempo del que tarda la luz en recorrer la distancia que las separa) se interpreta como una manifestación material de una dimensión «espiritual» que vincula los acontecimient ...more
Lilia Morales y Mori
Un libro que realmente establece un puente entre la mente y la materia. A través de sus páginas se advierte la sensación de “sincronicidad” donde la coincidencia significativa se establece a partir de patrones relacionados de forma extrañamente elocuente. El autor nos enfrenta a las frecuentes preguntas que todos nos hemos hecho en un momento de nuestra vida. ¿Cuál es la naturaleza del universo y cuál es nuestra posición en él? ¿Qué significa el universo? ¿Cuál es su propósito? ¿Quiénes somos y ...more
Sherri Losee
Jan 04, 2014 Sherri Losee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Coincidences? Not always. The trick is to find the meaning. A synchronicity is something that happens that appears to be a coincidence: you are thinking of calling a friend, the phone rings, and it's that friend; You hear a word or concept repeated in several contexts over the course of a day; you notice that the 5 cars ahead of you are all white. We all experience them, but few understand them. Great read.
Erica
Dec 04, 2007 Erica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal science readers
I feel that maybe I shouldn't like this book so much as a student of science. I will say that it doesn't put much forth in the way of scientific evidence for the paranormal. The book was especially entertaining and had a creative approach towards explaining the paranormal while referencing mythology to date the paranormal experience.
Tony DeNardo
Nov 30, 2007 Tony DeNardo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book tries to marry ideas of quantum physics, psychology, and abstract thinking into one singular thought. The book is theoretical and was tough at times(a little over my head) but the main message was loud and clear, synchronicity by definition is a meaningful coincidence, and can science be behind this?
Brooke
Nov 17, 2008 Brooke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating book explains how the macro world must work in light of the reality of quantum mechanics. Also looks at differences between Eastern and Western paradigms and how both are required to get a full understanding of the universe.
Kara
Aug 21, 2007 Kara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'd really like to re-read this because it's been a few years, but I think it helped shape the way I view the world.
James M. Madsen, M.D.
This is a very readable introduction to synchronicity even though it doesn't convince me that the concept is scientifically valid.
Michael
Jul 09, 2009 Michael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Setians, Initiates, Chaos Magicians
Recommended to Michael by: Serendipity
I recommend reading this book simultaneously with _Synchronicity: Science, Myth, and the Trickster_ by Allan Combs and Mark Holland. Read my review of both books there.
Alexa Cascade
Explores the physics and psychology of synchronicity and reality in an original way. Completely changed the way I view reality.
Todd
Jul 25, 2013 Todd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heavy on the science side of the synchronicity problem. Definitely the deep end of the pool.
Nashreen
May 04, 2012 Nashreen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
For the scientifically trained like myself , this was a great way to explore the facts vs the fiction
David Jones
May 14, 2014 David Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to pass it on to a colleague, but my toddler spawn destroyed it before I could.

Oh, well. Guess this book wasn't meant for the Intelligence Community.
Jean-Robert Richard
Jean-Robert Richard rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2015
Stephen
Stephen rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2013
john b. snazelle
john b. snazelle rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2015
Josip Tutavac
Josip Tutavac rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2012
Timothy Blenkinsop
Timothy Blenkinsop rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2013
Alain Trépanier
Alain Trépanier rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2015
Ryan
Ryan rated it it was ok
Jun 17, 2007
Jackie Thompson
Jackie Thompson rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2016
Brijesh Singh
Brijesh Singh rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Synchronicity 2 Ed: Science, Myth, and the Trickster Second Edition
  • Science, Order and Creativity
  • The Presence of the Past: Morphic Resonance and the Habits of Nature
  • The Crack in the Cosmic Egg: New Constructs of Mind and Reality
  • Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle
  • Belonging to the Universe: Explorations on the Frontiers of Science and Spirituality
  • There Are No Accidents: Synchronicity and the Stories of Our Lives
  • Lysergic
  • A Foray Into the Worlds of Animals and Humans & A Theory of Meaning
  • Autopoiesis and Cognition: The Realization of the Living
  • Mind in Life: Biology, Phenomenology, and the Sciences of Mind
  • The Center of the Cyclone: Looking into Inner Space
  • Jung the Mystic: The Esoteric Dimensions of Carl Jung's Life & Teachings
  • Turbulent Mirror: An Illustrated Guide to Chaos Theory and the Science of Wholeness
  • The Tao of Psychology: Synchronicity and Self
  • Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality
  • The Mysterious Universe
  • Mind and Nature: A Necessary Unity
He has worked actively as a theoretical physicist in England and Canada.

But Peat's interests expanded to include psychology, particularly that of Carl Jung, art and general aspects of culture, including that of Native America. Peat is the author of many books including a biography of David Bohm, with whom Peat collaborated, books on quantum theory and chaos theory, as well as a study of Synchroni
More about F. David Peat...