Start by marking “Copper” as Want to Read:
Copper

Copper

On Copper Beech’s 10th birthday, her whole world changes. Her dear Aunt Ruby, who has raised her since she was a little girl, sends her away to the Marble Mountains saying she’ll be safe there. Safe? Safe from what? And why do the Marble Mountains feel so familiar? Why does living in an enormous Spindle Tree, with chairs that put you to sleep, spoons that shift to fit the ...more
Published February 2nd 2004 by G.P. Putnam's Sons (first published February 2nd 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Copper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Copper

Emma
Jan 24, 2009 Emma rated it really liked it
It's probably 1 of the best fantasy books I've ever read, and by the way, I hate fantasy!
Jun 30, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it
This book was ok. I love kids books of all kinds. This one had all the fun elements that I like in kids books, except depth of theme. When I reread books that I loved as a child, I often realize how much more to the story there was than when I read them then. They're about big issues. They're complex and many-layered. A lot of the great kids books being written right now are even more so that way, I think. Books have a lot to them on many different levels. It's as if we've given authors the ok t ...more
Becky
Jul 24, 2014 Becky rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, library, junior
I found this book way too predictable. I guess for younger readers that may not be the case, but for anyone used to reading fantasy fiction, they may be a bit bored by it.

I thought that the story was a bit slow in the beginning but the second half went at a nice pace. Copper was a likable character and I really enjoyed her buddy Ralick. None of the characters were very deep but again, for a young reader that may be OK.

What I thought was really great about the book was how Copper realized that th
Ardani Subagio
Kisah yang menarik tentang perseteruan dua keluarga yang hidup bertetangga. Dan diceritakan dari sudut pandnag seorang gadis 10 tahun. Narasi dan deskripsinya sangat lancar dan enak dibaca, ditambah lagi dengan penokohan yang kuat dan sangat jelas.

Sayang buku ini tidak terlalu terkenal di masa lalu. Padahal buku ini sudah terbit dari tahun 2006 lalu. Mungkin karena kurang promosi ya? Tapi kalo ada yang ga sengaja nemu buku ini di tempat obral, buku ini sangat layak dibeli.
Ashlee Willis
Aug 10, 2014 Ashlee Willis rated it really liked it
Such a sweet, endearing little story! It was told with unique simplicity, and the characters in it were original and quirky. I LOVED Ralick - without him the story just wouldn't have been the same. A perfect read for age 8 and up - especially girls!
Heidi
Jan 19, 2012 Heidi rated it really liked it
Unique setting, very creative story. Characters lack depth, but the story really draws you in.
Great story-telling. A fun read. Very fast read.
My 9-year old daughter brought it home from her school library and recommended it to me.
Nana
Mar 10, 2016 Nana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book a while ago, and hope to read it again, because I've kind of forgotten the plot. The only thing i remember from this book, and the other one: Amethyst, is that Copper has a relative that can sew gold.
Evangeline
Mar 18, 2014 Evangeline rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: my friends
Recommended to Evangeline by: my sisters
Shelves: fun, literature
It was a great book. I loved it. (: Though I do think the author should make a second book. (: But my mom said I should use my imagination. (:
Skofan
Jan 13, 2011 Skofan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lisle-rebecca
This book is awesome and If you start reading you can't stop!! It is a fantasy book filled with a lot f excitement<3
LibraryDanielle
Jun 28, 2015 LibraryDanielle rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
cute premise, but extremely rushed. feels incomplete.
Mikaylah
May 12, 2009 Mikaylah rated it really liked it
This was an intriguing book,I couldn't put it down!
This author has a captivating way of weaving a story.
Ty'Asia Ratliff
read in 5th grade but i still love it.!!
Truly
Oct 05, 2009 Truly rated it it was ok
Baca versi Indo-nya. enggak mudeg alias enggak konek sama sekali. Ini tentang apa sih....?
Mamusu
Jul 09, 2009 Mamusu added it
Recommends it for: use
this book is amazing
Madeline Rose
Jul 17, 2014 Madeline Rose rated it really liked it
Shelves: stand-alone, fantasy
Cute little story.
Kept me interested enough I kept coming back for more.
Loved Ralick!
Nancy
Jun 18, 2015 Nancy rated it it was amazing
Very sweet, very lovely. I would have adored this as a child. I find Ralick especially charming and simpatico.
Desi Puspitasari
beneran deh, ini ceritanya rumit, sama sekali enggak nyantol di ingatan, dan ... sulit diikuti .. *kerja keras, eh, baca keras*
Anna
Mar 02, 2008 Anna rated it it was amazing
This is my FAVORITE book. I know it looks like a little kid's book, but it's reeeeeeeeally good. So good that I can't even explain it.
Sophie
Sophie rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2012
Alison Strumbeck
Alison Strumbeck rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2011
Isa
Isa rated it it was ok
Nov 18, 2008
Jennifer rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2009
Sarah Nam
Sarah Nam rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2009
Jadine
Jadine rated it liked it
May 31, 2013
Kathely
Kathely rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2011
Khadijah Al-harthi
Khadijah Al-harthi rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2014
Annie
Annie rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2011
Jen
Jen rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2012
Nadia
Nadia rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2012
Apollos Michio
Apollos Michio rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
My name is Rebecca Lisle and I'm a writer. I have had 20 children's books published. I also like drawing and have illustrated some of my books. When I'm not writing I paint peculiar pictures of dogs. I live in Bristol and enjoy giving workshops and author visits in the South West.

I was born in Leeds and have always been very proud of my Yorkshire roots. My parents were born there too, and their pa
More about Rebecca Lisle...