Start by marking “Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)” as Want to Read:
Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)

Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)

3.96  ·  Rating Details ·  2,458 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
The authors of the anthology 'Mysteria' welcome readers back to a town of bewitching seduction and sensual demons.
Published October 7th 2008 by Berkley (first published September 26th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Mysteria Lane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mysteria Lane

Julie (jjmachshev)
Sep 22, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009-reads
I waffled between three and four stars for this anthology of four stories by four pretty big-name paranormal romance authors. "Mysteria Lane" is a sequel to "Mysteria", a 2006 book by the same four authors about a town filled with magic and paranormal beings snuggled in the mountains of Colorado. Because it's an anthology, it's one that's hard to rate as I enjoyed some stories more than others and overall I think this book is not as good as the first one.

"Disdaining Trouble" by MaryJanice Davids
Anita
May 19, 2008 Anita rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: PNR fans
This anthology is the sequel to another anthology called "Mysteria". Since Mysteria is one of the best anthologies I've read in the paranormal romance genre, I couldn't wait to read Mysteria Lane.

This book turned out to be pretty good, though not quite as strong as Mysteria. Like Mysteria, Mysteria Lane tell four different love stories of various characters in the supernatural town of Mysteria. Witches, werewolves, vampires, demons, fae, and other supernatural creatures all live together in this
I clicked back and forth on the three star and the four star and ended up leaving it at four. Even though there was something fun about every story and I thought the plot of each story was fun - the characters and the actualization of the stories fell short for me.

In the first story "Disdaining Trouble" by Mary-Janice Davidson - the main character refers to herself as "This Woman" which drove me up a wall and all I could hear in my head was "Bob Dole likes peaches." (Meaning that a person speak
Zarinah
Jul 09, 2011 Zarinah rated it really liked it
the first story of the book was really entertaining. The plot was playful with 3 sisters that were very mischievous.no recap just my opinion I thought this author defiantly has potential. It was as if the story was lacking in the relationship department the man really didn't come across as strong alpha male more like love struck puppy:) but it worked and so i give Mary's story 3and half and a really close 4.

Susan's story I never finished because it just didnt grab me i gave it until chapter 2 a
Carolyn F.
Anthology. All the stories were good. I still need to read the first Mysteria book but this one was good.

1. Disdaining Trouble by MaryJanice Davidson. Triplet 14 year old witches are causing trouble when sitting on the wishing well. The mother wishes they would grow up at the same time one of them falls in the well. 5 seconds later a fully grown 30 year old comes out. Cute story which was trying very hard to be funny. ***

2. The Nanny from Hell by Susan Grant. Shay's a demon that get in trouble b
Louisa
Mar 07, 2011 Louisa rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book, it makes me wish for a 3rd collection or something, just some more stories from Mysteria, especially since there were some continuing plot lines from each story to the next, and I want more of that!!
MaryEllen
Jun 15, 2017 MaryEllen rated it really liked it
I'm not one to go for romance at all nowadays, but it was kind of refreshing on these stories. And the storylines were really new and interesting. Especially the vampire one. Really liked it! Wish I lived on Mysteria Lane...
Monie
Dec 07, 2008 Monie rated it really liked it
"Hundreds of years ago, in the mountains of Colorado, the small town of Mysteria was accidently founded by a random act of demonic kindness. Over time it, has become a veritable magnet for the supernatural – a place where magic has quietly coexisted with the mundane world."

Disdaining Trouble by MaryJanice Davidson
Twelve-year-old witch triplets Withering, Derisive and Scornful Desdaine love to wreak havoc through out the town of Mysteria. On one particular morning they cast a spell sending the ma
The Flooze
I haven't yet read Mysteria, but this anthology makes me want to revisit the magical town. Davidson's and Grant's contributions were the best.

Disdaining Trouble, MaryJanice Davidson: Another amusing tale from the master of sarcasm. The Desdaine triplets enjoy wreaking havoc, until the disappearance and reappearance of their sister seems to cause them to take pause. A ghost named Rae finds an unlikely companion in a stubborn river nymph. And a local, normal pizza guy falls in love with a highly a
Lexie
Jun 20, 2010 Lexie rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-owned-read
MYSTERIA LANE is a paranormal romance anthology, though I would add humor to that description as all the stories in the collection are sure make you chuckle occasionally. MYSTERIA LANE, like its predecessor MYSTERIA, is set in a mystical town called Mysteria where it's not unusual to see a lady dressed in the latest fashions beheading some wicked demon from another plane of existence.

The fun of MYSTERIA LANE is that the four authors—MaryJanice Davidson, Susan Grant, Gena Showalter and P.C. Cast,
Debbie
Oct 17, 2009 Debbie rated it really liked it
Welcome back to Mysteria, Colorado. Meeting up with some of the same residence that were met last time, and a few new ones, including the cantankerous ghost, a water nymph, the Faithfull’s (complete with a junior demon, I mean Damon Jr.), demon hunters, a new demon, several witches, vampires, werewolves, fairies, a Certified Discipline Nymph, a school teacher whose magic is a little different, and the pizza man. With all the beautiful pink love petals falling from the sky all over the town of My ...more
Andrea
Apr 03, 2009 Andrea rated it liked it
This was a fun book of short stories by four great paranormal authors.

MaryJanice Davidson wrote Disdaining Trouble. After reading it, I still have no idea what the triplets were. And the story was only okay for me. I just didn't fall in love with it. Maybe its because Ms. Davidson's Queen Betsy series is my favorite paranormal series so I had such high hopes for the short story, but it just wasn't all that great for me.

Susan Grant wrote The Nanny from Hell. I really liked this story. I loved how
Alison (Lady Coffin) S
As with the first of these two books this was interesting but not really an anthology as I am used to, as the many of the characters crossed over from author to author, story to story.

I have enjoyed reading books by MaryJanice Davidson and P.C. Cast in the past but until I read Mysteria I had not to my knowledge read anything by the other two authors. These stories get a bit steamy and are almost a little too lovey dovey, happily ever after for me, but it was enjoyable just like the 1st one.
I e
Tam B.
May 21, 2012 Tam B. rated it it was ok
This book only got 2 stars as I was going by the "it was ok" rating. And that's how I felt about it - it was ok.

I was familiar with three of the four authors in the anthology and was very surprised that I didn't love their entries more. In fact with some I was a little disappointed. Of the eight stories in the two anthologies I think I can say about three were really entertaining and enjoyable. The others were interesting but didn't keep me turning pages. I read them but I wasn't desperately wa
Wendy
Apr 26, 2011 Wendy rated it liked it
A nice set of 4 stories set in Mysteria, a town created for the supernatural. It has been a while since I read the first book in this series, so I really did not remember any of the characters that were in this book but the concept was still there. As with the first book, the story by MaryJanice Davidson was the worst. Very disjointed with little to no plot and a couple of different story lines that really did not mesh well. The other 3 stories in the book were fun, quick reads. The story by PC ...more
PNR
Oct 12, 2010 PNR marked it as to-read
Unsurprisingly, I love Gena Showalter's contribution. A Tawdry Affair is about a chubby witch named Glory who has been devastated by Falon's rejection. She is insecure and hurt and thinks she is unattractive. Falon is actually really hot for her but uncomfortable with his feelings so he pushes her away. This had my favored elements of a chubby insecure heroine, and a hero that rejects and hurts the heroine (a foil for a plot revolving around the hero soothing the angst and convincing the heroine ...more
JP
Jun 03, 2012 JP rated it it was amazing
Shelves: unsurr
I didn't think this book could be so good. I had this one and the prequel of it lying around in my bookshelf for nearly unto 3 years now and never could bring myself to read it. My first dip into these books wasn't favourable, which is why I never read them. But since I wanted to read some anthologies now and finish off unread books I took these 2 out and actually found out, that both books are great!
The stories are witty and captivating. I love reading all of the authors, and have done so for q
K
Apr 25, 2010 K rated it really liked it
Recommended to K by: read the first book
Mysteria Lane is the sequel to Mysteria, and once again includes four short stories about love in the town of Mysteria, a mysterious town where everyone knows your name, even if they don't know what you are. As with the first book, I enjoyed this one, and once again found it a fun, light, and easy read. Also like the first one, I loved the stories by Cast and Showalter. With Grant's coming in third. Unlike the first one, I was not found of Davidson's story. If asked, I would recommend this book ...more
Kaniac
Dec 16, 2012 Kaniac rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
This book almost received 5 stars from me. By the time I started it, I was over the fact the town's name has been changed, got used to all the multiple characters coming at me from everywhere, and pretty much had all their back stories straight... sorta. A couple more new characters in this one but that was all fine until It's In His Kiss. The Heroine annoyed me to the point I stopped reading multiple times and had to force myself to pick it back up. I loved the rest of the book but could have d ...more
Kathrynn
Feb 10, 2008 Kathrynn marked it as to-read-eventually
Shelves: own
I have not read this book yet, but I own it, so pulled it off my to be read (eventually) shelf.

There are 4 short stories in it.

1. Mortal in Mysteria by Susan Grant

2. Alone Wolf by MaryJanice Davidson

3. The Witches of Mysteria and the Dead Who Love Them by Gena Showalter

4. Candy Cox and the Big Bad (Were) Wolf by P.C. Cast

Enjoy. Let me know if this is a good read or not and I'll I read it sooner rather than later...

Nawnee
he second book these fantastic authors have gotten together and collaborated on. What was the result you'll ask? Well a fantasicbook filled with more loveable, funny and sometimes just plain insaine characters from mysteria. These authors complement each others writing style so well in this second installment it was great to read more about this crazy town,
I'm hoping even though these were released a while ago I'm hoping they will get together and write some new stories focused in mysteria.
Anne
Oct 22, 2012 Anne rated it did not like it
I truly can't say that I really liked any of the 4 stories. I know they were shorter than the average novella which didn't give them much time to develop the characters and relationships, but I didn't feel any connection between the heroes and heroines. Didn't find the stories particularly amusing either. I was going to give up mid way through story two, but given they were all by different authors, I thought another story might be better. Didn't happen.
Dominiquep
Feb 28, 2012 Dominiquep rated it liked it
Barf!! Stereotypical Caribbean 'witch doctor'. As a Jamaican this appalls me. Davidson, i like your Queen Betsy series but you should have done more research. A witch doctor isn't the same as a Vodun priest nor a obeah man nor a myal man. There is a difference. And the speech patterns *shudders* Get it right!!!!

All in all fair effort. I liked how the stories tied in.
Amy
Dec 01, 2009 Amy rated it liked it
Okay, so I liked this book, HOWEVER, like most romancey novels the men are pefectly dreamy and impossible to obtain in real life. That being said, perhaps don't read when you're annoyed with your husband of SEVERAL years. Otherwise, fun stories!
Patrice
I liked how the characters from the different stories overlapped and their lives interconnected, but overall the writing wasn't too deep. But I kind of expected the stories to be light and whimsical.
Emily
Feb 23, 2009 Emily rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, fantasy-sf
This wasn't the best work from most of these authors. The first Mysteria book was much better, with a coherent plot line jointing together disparate stories by different authors. This seemed to be about some people gettin' some.
Teresa Drelick
Apr 30, 2013 Teresa Drelick rated it liked it
I love paranormal romances but on this set of stories I have to admit I skipped Gina Showalters story because the entire beginning was sex. I like a story...any one can throw up a sex scene. Disappointed.
Wendy
Feb 15, 2011 Wendy rated it liked it
I was going to rate this a two star until I got to the last story by P.C. Cast. That one definitely redeemed the book, but I won't be going out and spending money on the first one. Definitely a borrow from the library book.
Sierra
Apr 28, 2012 Sierra rated it it was amazing
the best book I've ever read, very steamy
Christine Desrochers-Broderick
the first book was much better. I like three of the four stories. didn't like the last one.
Gena Showalter Fans: This topic has been closed to new comments. Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2) 2 26 Feb 04, 2013 01:53AM
Mysteria Lane 2 13 Nov 26, 2012 12:10AM
  • Mysteria Nights (Mysteria)
  • Bewitched, Bothered & Bevampyred 2: Fangs Again
  • On the Hunt (Sentinel Wars #3.4, Nightkeepers #5.5, Gods of Midnight, #4.5)
  • Bewitched Bothered & Bevampyred
  • Kick Ass (Warlord, #2)
  • The Bodyguard (Includes: T-FLAC, #14.5)
  • Over The Moon (Mageverse #3.5)
  • Huntress (Cin Craven #3.5, Black London #1.5)
  • My Zombie Valentine (Dark Ones #4.5)
  • Men at Work
  • Out of the Light, Into the Shadows (Includes: Vegas Vampires, #6 & #7)
  • The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2: Love Bites
  • First Blood (Includes: Laws Of The Blood, #5.5; Vegas Vampires, #5; Vampire Babylon, #3.5; The Guardians, #3.5)
  • Cravings (Undead #1.5; Moon #3.5)
  • Hot Blooded (Dark, #14; Midnight, #2.5; Mageverse, #0.5)
  • Four Dukes and a Devil (The Byrons of Braebourne #1.5)
  • Bad Boys With Expensive Toys
MaryJanice Davidson is an American author and motivational speaker who writes mostly paranormal romance, but also young adult and non-fiction. She is the creator of the popular Undead series and is a New York Times and USA Today best-selling author. She writes a bi-weekly column for USA Today ("A Writer's Life") and lives in St. Paul with her family. You can reach her on Facebook and follow her on ...more
More about MaryJanice Davidson...

Mysteria (2 books)
  • Mysteria (Mysteria, #1)