Start by marking “The Food of Thailand: A Journey for Food Lovers” as Want to Read:
The Food of Thailand: A Journey for Food Lovers

The Food of Thailand: A Journey for Food Lovers

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Thailand has an increasingly well-known and well-loved repertoire of dishes, some more familiar than others. This culinary journey guides readers through Bangkok's markets to the seafood freshly cooked on the beaches of the Gulf of Thailand, to the sweet-makers of Phetchaburi province to the rice-growing hill tribes of the northern region.

The Food of Thailand features a my
Published January 1st 2010 by Whitecap Books (first published July 1st 9)

To ask other readers questions about The Food of Thailand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Food of Thailand

Zaynaz
I think this is a good book for someone new to Thai cooking- it offers enough variety and explanation to inspire without including so many recipes that it scares you away.

I've cooked a lot of dishes from this (including the fish cakes multiple times because they are delicious), and I've never had a failure. Even the desserts, which initially seemed 'meh' are quite nice- try the crisp rubies, they are much nicer than they sound. It isn't comprehensive, but it is a solid book, and with many beaut
Lynn
Gorgeous photography! It's almost more of a travel book than a cookbook. I love browsing through it, but don't know that I'll actually make anything from it. Because the recipes are so authentic, sourcing some of the ingredients might be tricky.
Cameron
Gorgeous. The photos are beautiful and inspiring. The recipes seem well chosen; many that seem easy to make or to find the ingredients for, some that will be more challenging (whether in terms of cooking skill required or specialty ingredients).
Sara
This is the most beautiful cookbook I've ever seen. Last night I made steamed coconut custard in banana leaf cups. Wow. Yummy and gorgeous! Can't wait to try more food from this book.
Beth
Gorgeous photos, lots of recipes. Makes me want to head to specialty stores to get some green papaya.
Elizabeth
Aug 26, 2008 Elizabeth added it
Shelves: food
Jo Malone was inspired by this book.
Manish
Manish added it
Mar 23, 2015
cEe beE
cEe beE marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Ming Leong
Ming Leong marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Josiana
Josiana marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
May 10, 2013
Kaz
Kaz marked it as to-read
May 04, 2013
Aino
Aino marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2013
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2012
Jody
Jody added it
Sep 28, 2012
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2012
dw
dw added it
May 12, 2012
Lauralyn
Lauralyn marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2013
More about Alan Benson...
The Golden Book of Chocolate: Over 300 Great Recipes Thailande: Saveurs Du Bout Du Monde Златната книга на шоколада India: A Journey for Food Lovers Inde, Saveurs Du Bout Du Monde