Start by marking “Legally Kidnapped: The Case Against Child Protective Services” as Want to Read:
Legally Kidnapped: The Case Against Child Protective Services

Legally Kidnapped: The Case Against Child Protective Services

In the second edition of the book,Child Protective Services Whistleblower, Carlos Morales, exposes the dangerous tactics and overt corruption that he witnessed as a CPS investigator. Through keen insight, analysis, war stories, and interviews with attorneys & judges, Carlos Morales speaks truth to power in this shocking book. Unlike anything ever published, he breaks ...more
Published October 18th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Legally Kidnapped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legally Kidnapped

Neil McGarry
Oct 24, 2014 Neil McGarry rated it it was ok
I was hoping to like this book because I support indie authors and I am always interested in works that examine the workings of the legal system. However, I found myself disappointed on both counts.

First, Legally Kidnapped is full of grammatical errors, misspellings and awkward style. I think Morales would have benefited greatly from the involvement of an editor. We indies can't be expected to wield the influence of a traditional publisher, but we should be held to the same standards of quality.
Crystal
Jan 19, 2015 Crystal rated it liked it
As mentioned in previous reviews, there are plenty of typos and grammatical errors; an editor is needed. However, if you can look past the lack of professional writing, there is a lot of valuable information contained in this book. I plan on passing it on to a social worker friend to get his take on it.

Every parent, in my opinion, should know what to do in case CPS comes knocking on their door. This book, though far from perfect, is a good first step. I hope someone expands on the premise in th
Adam
Oct 24, 2014 Adam rated it it was amazing
Eye opening

this was very helpful and empowering. the book reveals a good amount of information otherwise closed to mainstream. I would recommend this book to parents who veer from the norm in any respect - especially homeschool families.
John
Jul 17, 2015 John rated it it was ok
I found some of the info about the agency interesting, but it turned out to be more of a "How to fight the agency" manual.
Kimberly Mccune
May 19, 2015 Kimberly Mccune rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, parenting
This book was super informative, but desperately needed a proofreader and editor.
Teah
Sep 21, 2016 Teah rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully filled with informative material that really makes you feel like you understand the process of this nightmarish reality for some.
Kristle Pipgras
Oct 17, 2015 Kristle Pipgras rated it liked it
interesting but also a bit intense and maybe convoluded. I'm not doubting this is based off of real events but it's written in such a way to make it seem that this is the majority
Jocelyn Fry
Dec 22, 2015 Jocelyn Fry rated it liked it
While this book had some good insight for dealing with CPS, the lack of a quality editor reduced the overall value of the book. I would recommend hiring one, then I would rerelease it.
Eric Mann
Eric Mann rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Shane
Shane rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2015
Misty Reigenborn
Misty Reigenborn rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2015
Klecu
Klecu rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Nikki
Nikki rated it did not like it
Nov 04, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
Christy D.
Christy D. rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2015
Loni Rifenburgh
Loni Rifenburgh rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2015
Angi Herrick
Angi Herrick rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2015
Natalie Jonsson
Natalie Jonsson rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
casilda montanez
casilda montanez rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2014
Stephan Stücklin-wightman
Stephan Stücklin-wightman rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2014
Misty Watkins
Misty Watkins rated it did not like it
Dec 25, 2014
Sandy
Sandy rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2016
Tara
Tara rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2015
Dave Burns
Dave Burns rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Stacye Calvert
Stacye Calvert rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Meredith
Meredith rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Joanna
Joanna rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2015
Kelley Soper
Kelley Soper rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

“Humanity knows no bounds to its inhumanity when it puts systems in place that justify its injustices.   Legally” 0 likes
“Nearly half of foster children in the U.S. become homeless when they turn eighteen” 0 likes