Start by marking “Slashed (Extreme Risk, #3)” as Want to Read:
Slashed (Extreme Risk, #3)

Slashed (Extreme Risk #3)

Do nice guys always finish last? In the new Extreme Risk novel from New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Tracy Wolff, a burnt-out underdog and a vulnerable tomboy defy the pressure to be perfect and go after what they really want.

Bighearted and easygoing, Luc Jennings is falling behind in a family of serious overachievers. While he may be decent enough at snowbo
Published September 29th 2015 by Flirt

To ask other readers questions about Slashed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slashed

S.M. West
3.75 STARS

This series about these four professional snowboarders has grown on me. I enjoyed the third book in the series about best friends Cameron and Luc. He's been pining for Cam for years and then 4 months ago, one fateful night, they blur the lines and do the deed. Of course, Cam freaks out and months of tension descends on these two.

I knew that Cam and Luc's story wouldn't be easy and there'd be angst. But when they were together, they just fit!

photo image.jpg1_zpsrq9kl4ex.jpg

These two both had HUGE insecurity issues.
Sabrina
3.5 Stars

Luc Jennings and Cam Bradley have been friends since they were little kids. Up until a few months ago they were inseparable, and the closest of friends. After one night where they both acted on their attraction and slept together, their friendship has turned into awkward encounters and them avoiding each other. But when Cam's mom shows up after being gone from her life for seventeen years, she needs her best friend to comfort her.

Luc has always felt like he was second best to his frien
Claire Robinson
3 - "What are we doing?" Stars.

I have to say that the third novel in the Extreme Risk, series was a bit of a disappointment for me. Tracy Wolff in the previous two books managed to offer up some really good tropes, in a different way and with a decent cast of characters to back everything up, and seeing as the whole Cam and Luc situation has been hinted at throughout those books I was hoping that their story would be as stellar as its predecessors.

It started well, one thing Tracy excels at is se
Beth
Sep 17, 2015 Beth rated it really liked it
Following in the shadow of the world champion is difficult especially when your three best friends are those champions.

Luc Jennings feels like he was living on the coat tails of his friends fame. An outstanding snowboarder in his own right, Luc just thought his ability was subpar to Z, Ash and Cam...especially Cam the girl he wants.

Cam has always been one of the guys, shredding down the mountain with the best of the best. Z found his heart in another woman which broke Cam's heart. Cam turns to h
Ivy Deluca
Sep 23, 2015 Ivy Deluca rated it it was ok
description
The Good : Luc and Cam’s story was one I’d been waiting on since the beginning of this series. Friends to lovers is a favorite, and the fact that Cam had finally let go of her infatuation with Z (the hero of the first book) gave me high hopes for this story. I love that it features a sport not often portrayed in romances, has a female athlete who’s at the top of her game as the heroine and the boarding scenes still have their own excitement and energy that helps pull the story along. The sex wa
Jul 07, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

I keep going back and forth between 3 and 4 stars, so I guess it's a 3.5

I've been "patiently" waiting on Cam and Luc's story. It was good, but they both annoyed me. Just say it already. And then Cam's mom comes back, but we still don't know why she left. Then the ending. Yes, they finally said it and are on the way to HEA but it was too quick. Thank goodness there's another book in this series, but now I have to "patiently" wait until 2017. Why so long?
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books)
Whatamigoingtodo?
I'm a fan of this series and have been looking forward to Luc & Cam's story. I already knew about her crush on Z, and Luc's crush on her. And since Z didn't return her feelings, surely she would notice Luc eventually, right? Luc's been her best friend since she was 4 years old. He knows all her secrets and he's been there for her every step of the way, until now.

The story is told in alternating POV, so I knew all along how each of the main characters felt about each other.
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Fair warning as you read this review. I just start thinking about this book and I get crazy level excited. To the point where I start to gibber nonsensically. I'm not even joking. Slashed is one heck of an amazing book. I've read Tracy Wolff novels before and this is hands down, my absolute favorite that I've ever read by her. If you've read the book's synopsis, it follows pretty close to the storyline and does a great job of describing the book. The cover of the book.. have you seen the cover o ...more
Samantha
Oh I was so excited for this one and yet sadly disappointed. These two are strong contenders, impressive snowboarders, and yet they are totally and completely pansies. Use your big boy and girl words seriously.

I was also so mad that we know more about Cam's mom and shes back, but we dont know why she left, where she's been, or anything like that. We also to me feels like an insanely rushed HEA. I'm happy they got it but there was just so so so much left unsaid I feel like I got a teaser. I WANT
J. Nathan
Jul 07, 2015 J. Nathan rated it it was amazing
Tracy Wolff does not disappoint with Slashed! Loved the first two books, so I just knew I'd love Luc's story. There were so many moments of feels and then an unexpected twist that ups the ante toward the end. I loved the push and pull between Cam and Luc and really liked seeing things from both perspectives. It made the tension that much greater. Also, enjoyed seeing Z and Ash! This is a quick read. Finished it in a few hours.
Roxanne
Thank you to Loveswept Publishing for the free copy via Netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion.

I like this series, I really do! "Slashed" is the third in the "Extreme Risk" series by Tracy Wolff, and the thing is, every one of these books falls firmly into the wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am category. Quick, fun, easy, a rockin' good time while it lasts, they're great! In fact, I like to use this type of book as a sort of palate cleanser after something a little more serious or lengthy, which is
Linda
"Slashed", is the third book in the Extreme Risk series and I have loved each book, I do recommend that you read the. In order, due to this group of characters dynamics.
This book focuses on the relationship between Luc Jennings and Cameron Brady, they have been friends forever, and half of the time Luc has spent in love with his best friend but Cameron has never had eyes for him, she has always looked to their buddy Z Michaels.
Luc had his one chance with Cameron, probably was not the best to ha
Kami Dodson-Perry
Oct 12, 2015 Kami Dodson-Perry rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, blogged
Cam & Luc

Cam is an awesome athlete. She is the #1 woman on the slopes. She and Luc have been best friends forever. Luc has also been in love with Cam forever. But Cam has always had a crush on Z. Z, Ash, Cam and Luc all run on the slopes together. Z has never been interested in Cam in a romantic way so he never address the crush. Z meet his one and only Ophelia and is very happy. Cam loves Ophelia and agrees that her CRUSH was misplaced.

After a one-night-stand with her best friend Luc, Cam f
Dawn Dysart
Jul 04, 2015 Dawn Dysart rated it it was amazing
WoW!! I love this author and this series!!!!! :) Cam and Luc really have some awesome chemistry and history. This is a fabulous book to add to the collection.

I will say...I want MORE of the amazing characters. I get to the end and am internally yelling "NOOO!!" I feel there is so much to be said around all their romances and lives still. I can't wait to see what might happen next!

***This is my honest opinion of an ARC.
Dianne
Welcome back to the world of extreme sports and extreme emotional entanglements! Tracy Wolff is back with Slashed the tale of best friends who may or may not find there is more to their relationship than shared secrets and movie marathons. Are you ready for “He Said, She Said” as dual POVs make for a love story that just never seems to get off the ground and we seem to be the only ones who know why?

Cam and Luc have been besties forever, through thick and thin, joy and heartbreak, but somewhere a
Adriana
Jul 08, 2015 Adriana rated it really liked it
Gorgeous, sweet and sexy Luc Jennings is done coming in second. He knows he is not the best snowboarder amongst his friends, who constantly reach podium. No matter how little his mother thought of him or how many times he doubted himself, he should know better. He is a decent athlete who turned pro and managed to land some sponsors. For as long as he can remember, he's been in love with Cam, the only girl in their tight group of friends. Yet after a one time hook up, Cam freaked out and things ...more
Cocktails and Books
Sep 06, 2015 Cocktails and Books rated it liked it
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

I have read all the Extreme Risks books and this one was a bit disappointing. I have been waiting for Cam and Luc's story through the other two books. Their story was simmering in the background and it seemed to have the makings of a really good best friends to lover story. It started out where we left off...these two were drunk and slept together. Cam didn't handle the morning after well and disappeared. Luc, who constantly thinks he plays
L.J (Lisa Jane)
Sep 16, 2015 L.J (Lisa Jane) rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, arc
Another great read in this fun series.

I like that the characters are all personable and genuine. You can relate to them and feel a connection.
Luc is so sweet, caring, gentle and sincere but stubborn. He is o superman but he is awesome.

The story line is fun, smooth and easy flowing and lets you pace yourself through the book. I finished this one in one sitting. Watching the struggle through the obvious (as we all do) then figure it all out is fun. Getting to see the past characters is also great.
Cassie Mae
Oct 02, 2015 Cassie Mae rated it it was amazing
Amazing! RTC
Terisa
Sep 17, 2015 Terisa rated it it was amazing
Luc has been in love with his best friend Cam since they were sixteen years old. He's sat back and watched her lust after their other best friend for nearly that long hoping that one day she would see him. The night they finally got together he thought that his day had finally come but then the following morning, she freaked out and started talking about what a mistake it was and nothing has been the same between them since. So Luc is ready to move on, he'll stick with hooking up with some of ...more
Jessi
ARC graciously provided by Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

So right from the start this book was captivating. It starts weeks after Cam and Luc got drunk and slept together only to have Cam sneak out in the middle of the night. Leaving their friendship in turmoil. The problem with this is that they are life long best friends and neither one know what to do to get their friendship back on track, especially because they are both in love with each other.

Luc has been in love with Cam sinc
Danielle
Jul 23, 2015 Danielle rated it liked it
I love the whole best friends to lovers storyline but since this is the first book I have read in this series I'm just not really sure how I felt about this book.

Luc has been in love with Cam since he was 14 and they have been best friends forever. One night when they are drunk they have sex and Cam leaves. About 6 months later they are still avoiding one another and they aren't as close as they were.

Cams mom returns after 17 years and she runs to Luc. They end up having sex a few times but th
Ruthie Taylor
Sep 27, 2015 Ruthie Taylor rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

The third in the series, it was lovely to catch up with old friends and watch the next pairing work out what Ms Wolff had planned for their future.

I love sports romances, and ones which happen in high adrenaline situations are possibly my favourite. That said, there is much more romance than sport in this book and that suited me just fine too. Oh there is snow board talk, and even action, but the focus is definitely on
Jul 07, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, arc
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

I have enjoyed the Extreme Risk series. The characters in this series have been through all kinds of hard times and have managed to come out ahead of it all. This book in particular focuses on Luc Jennings and Cam Bradley. We met them in earlier books and we know from those books that Luc has always had a thing for his best friend Cam Bradley.

This book starts off where their awkward encounter left off, after Cam ran out on Luc. They are in this awk
Mary Mooney
Sep 21, 2015 Mary Mooney rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here is my review. This Extreme Risk series has become one of my favorites since the beginning. With each story about one of the four best friends and their extreme snowboarding skills. Cam Bradley is the only female in this group and Luc Jennings is her best friend since second grade. They talk about everything and anything. Then one night they drink too much and cross the line between friendship and more. Cam freaks ...more
Caroline
Jul 18, 2015 Caroline rated it really liked it
Shelves: sexy-sports
Amanda Lee Disheveled Book Blog
Another super angsty, steamy, fun and fast read for this series. In this book we get to see Luc & Cams story, friends to lovers is always fun to read, you get to just watch them fall in love and realize they're in love with there best friend. Luc & Cam are also no exception to to turmoil that is brought on by finding out your in love with your best friend, they have fears of ruining everything they have, but they fear not being around each other too. Both are stubborn, opinionated, and ...more
Rachael Orman
Sep 27, 2015 Rachael Orman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot, sports
5 Stars

I haven't read any sports books in a while so this was a nice change of pace for me... and I LOVED it. I haven't read any of the other books in this series so I was a bit unprepared for how much I would enjoy this group of characters.

The chemistry is amazing between the characters due to the long history they have together. I felt so bad for the mental damage that was done to Luc from his upbrining, but to see him finally start to come out of it was really sweet.

I did have a problem wit
Rebecca
Oct 01, 2015 Rebecca rated it liked it
As a big fan of this series I couldn't wait to read the final book. The tension between Luc and Cam has been building slowly for the last two books and started off strong in this one as well. The crew all make appearances and the interaction between them was enjoyable.

While the first half of the book was good, the last quarter and ending really took a nose dive. The ending is quite abrupt and so many issues are left unresolved. I really hoped we have an Epilogue or some sort of goodbye to the pr
Johanna Panko
Sep 29, 2015 Johanna Panko rated it really liked it
Thanks to the author for a copy to read and review.

Well YES, the gangs all here. After all the tortured souls in this series it was nice to get to some normal drama. This is still one of the best series I have read, and I devoured them. In a group of overachievers it was nice to see Luc's story come out, and even though he has some serious insecurities about Cam, I loved the story. Cam and Luc had a one night/drunk sex which didn't end well, and really wore on there bestie friendship. Very ente
  • The Heat of the Moment (The Boys of Summer, #3)
  • The Billion Dollar Player (Billionaire's Club: Texas, #2)
  • Broken Play (Birmingham Rebels, #1)
  • Delayed Penalty (Pilots Hockey, #1)
  • Want It (Rule Breakers, #3)
  • Fighting Dirty (Worth the Fight, #5)
  • What a Bachelor Needs (Montana Born Bachelor Auction #4)
  • Major Misconduct (Aces Hockey, #1)
  • Fire Me Up (The Deacons of Bourbon Street, #2)
  • Seduction (Devil's Den, #2)
  • Touch & Go (Dare to Love, #2)
  • Salvation (Defiance, #3)
  • Taming the Legend (London Legends, #4)
  • The Escort (Shamed, #3)
  • Strip You Bare (The Deacons of Bourbon Street, #4)
  • Playing Dirty (Monkey Business Trio, #1)
  • Ramping Up (Mavrick Allstars, #1)
  • Fight to the Finish (First to Fight, #3)
2003596
Tracy Wolff collects books, English degrees and lipsticks and has been known to forget where—and sometimes who—she is when immersed in a great novel. At six she wrote her first short story—something with a rainbow and a prince—and at seven she forayed into the wonderful world of girls lit with her first Judy Blume novel. By ten she’d read everything in the young adult and classics sections of her ...more
More about Tracy Wolff...

Extreme Risk (4 books)
  • Shredded (Extreme Risk, #1)
  • Shattered (Extreme Risk, #2)
  • Axed (Extreme Risk, #4)