Healing Promises (Defenders of Hope #2)

Healing Promises (Defenders of Hope #2)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Facing a new threat.
When FBI Agent Clint Rollins takes a bullet during a standoff, it might just save his life. But not even the ugly things he’s seen during his years working in the Crimes Against Children Unit could prepare him for the overwhelming powerlessness of hospital tests revealing an unexpected diagnosis. If only Sara weren’t retreating into doctor mode…he need...more
Published April 15th 2008 by Multnomah Publishers

Mary Allen
Awesome, awesome book! Amy Wallace is an amazing author, fast on her way to the top in the Christian fiction market! I highly recommend this book, the sequel to Ransomed Dreams. HP takes you into a young family's journey through cancer. It gave me a real and fresh insight into the big and small everyday hurdles this kind of diagnosis brings along. More importantly, how to handle grief and stress by praising God...

Debbie
"Healing Promises" is a Christian general fiction book. Much of the story was about the stress that Clint's cancer put on Sarah and Clint's relationship to each other and with God. Near the end, though, the FBI case came to the forefront and resolved with a suspenseful standoff with the bad guy. The story's suspense came from wondering if Clint would survive the cancer and, if he did, if his marriage would survive. It also came from the danger that the missing children were in.

The characters wer...more
Tamara
HEALING PROMISES by Amy Wallace is the second installment in the Defenders of Hope Series. The main characters from RANSOMED DREAMS carry over to this novel, but the focus immediately shifts to FBI Agent Clint Rollins when he is shot during a standoff. His ensuing tests reveal that recovering from a bullet wound will be the least of his troubles. In fact, he’s in for the battle of his life. Sarah Rollins, his oncologist wife, has always been grounded in her faith, but when her worst fears hit so...more
Nora St Laurent
In Amy’s first book Ransomed Dreams we are introduced to Gracie and the overwhelming incident in her life. Gracie experiences every mother’s nightmare. The story is fast paced, compelling and full of amazing scenes of forgiveness. I found it exciting, thought provoking, heartfelt and a very rich story.

While Gracie’s investigating the facts of her nightmare she meets FBI Agent Steven Kessler working in the Crimes Against Children Unit. Clint Rollins is Steven’s partner. Clint’s wife Sara is an on...more
Delia
Clint Rollins is a strong man. A well-respected and courageous FBI agent, he loves his job, loves bringing down the bad guys. But then a gunshot wound brings him down...and coincidentally saves his life when routine hospital tests reveal cancer. Maybe...just maybe...they've caught it in time to prevent the worst from happening.

As an oncologist, Dr. Sara Rollins works with cancer patients on a daily basis, constantly striving to bring them hope in often hopeless situations. But when the deadly d...more
Michelle
Amy Wallace can write a gripping tale of romantic suspense like none other. And Healing Promises was so riveting I finished it quickly despite my busy schedule. The characters were all very well developed and felt so real. I loved how romantic many of the scenes were, especially with Clint and Sara. Yet, they had their marital challenges, too. There were never pat answers to the trials they went through but true emotion and spiritual struggles abounded. I loved the honesty and the detail regardi...more
Christy
This 2nd book in the Defenders of Hope series picks right up where RANSOMED DREAMS ended and reunites us with all of the characters from the previous book, but with Clint and Sara's story taking center stage. A gripping and thought invoking read dealing with two different yet interconnected storylines. With my Mother having just finished battling with chemo and radiation treatments, it was emotional for me to readhow Clint and Sara both struggle to cope with this disease. The kidnapping/serial k...more
Linda
Aug 15, 2008 Linda rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: People who enjoy Christian fiction
Recommended to Linda by: I won it in an online drawing.
This was a wonderful book, but hard to read, because it deals with struggling with faith during cancer. With a family member questioning her faith while dealing with cancer, I had to put the book down often because I just couldn't continue reading it. But in the end, the faith of the characters outweighs the questions that always evolve with cancer (why me? Why my spouse? why now?).
ChrisGA
Tough subject matter--serial child killer, cancer, and fear and stress of caregiving. The reader struggles with the characters as they struggle to trust and praise God in good times and bad. The book is difficult to read at times, but all of us need to be challenged and reminded that God is on the throne and He is good, whether we see or understand it.
pam
May 25, 2011 pam rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mystery
i have mix feelings about this book the plot with Sara and Clint how they struggled with God and if they trusted him. that part i liked. The part about the boys i won't go into to much detail i did not like. How could a person do that to a kid.
Terri
Dec 08, 2008 Terri rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: christians
it is wonderful story about this main character have been so strong faith dealing with cancer and his work .. you will enjoy Wallace's writings on two books I have not get the first one yeat but this second book is great.
Fran Whitten
This is a series I read last year before I became a member of GOODREADS.
All 3 books were excellent. Filled with real human interest, action and adversity.
I am glad to own the Defenders of Hope series.
Melissa
Good FBI mystery about missing childrena and dealing with a cancer diagnosis. About relying on God no matter what the circumstance.
Wendy
Jul 07, 2008 Wendy rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: everyone
a great and deeply emotional romantic suspense. This is a story you don't want to miss!

Karen
Great book,well written with interesting characters.
Lola
Awesome! Definitely shows you God's power.
Annie
This was an amazing book.
Erika
Erika added it
Feb 23, 2014
Jacquie Lewin
Jacquie Lewin marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Loraine Nunley
Loraine Nunley marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Jan 23, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Haley
Haley marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Tammy Mungle
Tammy Mungle marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Amy Wallace is a wife, homeschool mom of three, writer, speaker, Bible study leader, and avid chocoholic.

She loves crafting high-action suspense that delves deep into heart issues, but who she really is can be summed up in a few short words: Amy is a daughter of the King learning to live and love with laughter.

Amy is the author of Ransomed Dreams, Healing Promises, and Enduring Justice (The Defe...more
More about Amy Wallace...
Ransomed Dreams (Defenders of Hope #1) Enduring Justice (Defenders of Hope #3) Hiding in Plain Sight (Place of Refuge #1) Nowhere to Run (Place of Refuge #2)