Start by marking “Spanish I: Learn to Speak and Understand Spanish with Pimsleur Language Programs (Quick & Simple)” as Want to Read:

Spanish I: Learn to Speak and Understand Spanish with Pimsleur Language Programs (Pimsleur Comprehensive Spanish)

Q&S Spanish includes the first 8 lessons from the Pimsleur Comprehensive Level I. 4 hours, audio-only, effective language learning with real-life spoken practice sessions.

Audio CD
Published October 1st 2002 by Pimsleur (first published February 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Spanish I, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spanish I

Bryn
Apr 29, 2008 Bryn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Attempted to improve my Peggy Hill Espanish; failed. Also note: I'm lazy.

It should also be noted that this program is sort of dedicated to, like, very formal fifties-style Castellano, "encantado" instead of "mucho gusto" etc. So I guess you end up sounding like old-fashioned and gay, like some kind of Spanish-speaking Truman Capote or something.
Russell
Nov 19, 2007 Russell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pimsleur is by far the most effective Spanish learning system I have encountered.

The system is simple. They explain how to say something in spanish. Ask you a question in spanish about what they just explained. You answer in spanish. They repeat the correct answer. This goes on for hours and hours, each question building on the last.
Rob
Oct 24, 2011 Rob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rob by: Beginners
Yehey! Ahora, puedo hablar Español como una niña. <- I suppose there's something awkward or spectacularly wrong with that sentence. Anyway, "Me gusta comer. Me gusta beber. Muchas gracias!"

Builds an instinct for sentence construction, grammar and conjugation without writing and reading. I suppose that's how we learned languages when we were children — something that Pimsleur uses to make learning easy-ish and not cumbersome. It's kind of awesome.

The program helps you with the most commonly us
TyLean Polley
Mar 09, 2011 TyLean Polley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best investment in improving my language skills that I have ever made! I studied in high school, at university, and even completed a Spanish Diploma program with flying colours, but I couldn't speak or understand a word. I wish I had this program from the very beginning of my linguistic adventures. I believe what this program offers that others do not is a confidence-building environment.

I did have some confusion about what type of Spanish this is, however, as within the first few lessons y
Jennifer Hansen
Jan 04, 2014 Jennifer Hansen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started this series of Audio CD's pretty unconvinced by the words being taught. It seemed very dated and I do believe it was produced in the 50's or 60's. Lots of "usted" instead of tú, encantado instead of mucho gusto when you meet someone. Castellano instead of Español...

But I stuck with it and I'm happy I did. Despite its flaws, I think this series is pretty strong in the way it introduces and teaches the basics of the language and it definitely helped solidify the lessons I was learning el
Chad Quintero
Oct 05, 2013 Chad Quintero rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best way to learn a language. It is time consuming and takes a lot of time to learn, but Pimsleur really helps to cement a language into your head. Not only are you learning vocabulary, but you are learning how to formulate sentences on your own. My problem with courses that just teach you vocabulary or phrases, is that I never retain any of it. This gives a purpose to the words that you are learning. I would highly recommend to anyone interested in learning another language.
Mohamed
Apr 21, 2013 Mohamed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is perfect to anyone beginning Spanish. The method is really great. The first level is supposed to get you to A1 level, fantasy word for the first level of being a beginner :D

The lessons are really well structured and the repetition is really good for your memory.

1 lesson a day and no pausing in one month you're good to go. Don't be as stupid as me.

Don't skip a day :)
Luiz Fabricio
Nov 25, 2015 Luiz Fabricio rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quite effective. I already speak portuguese and it helps a lot. I already did the first leve in Japanese, and although I think it was very good, it was no as much as Spanish. Despite the vocabulary is not that bit, the gist, the most important contrusctions and the feel of how to speak just stick. Started watching my Anime in Spanish after that and could understand a lot.
Tyler
Oct 16, 2008 Tyler marked it as not-completed  ·  review of another edition
Just started the program. The Pimsleur Language Programs are supposed to be some of the best. The program uses anticipation and spaced vocabulary intervals to maximize retention.

Used an audible credit to get lessons I-V. I wonder if the library has the CDs?
Zach Boyle
Jan 09, 2014 Zach Boyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While it took me multiple times to get each word, I eventually got to the last unit, and at least have enough Spanish to get by on my trip to Panama later this month. The hardest part for me was 19 and 20, and 12 and 13, which stumped me for the longest time. Otherwise a really good course.
Sep 30, 2008 Laura rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I could not finish this audio book. It was too boring. I need a more visual method for learning languages. I need to see how things are spelled for one thing.
Melody
Aug 16, 2014 Melody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, spanish
I really like this method of learning Spanish. Better than Rosetta Stone. You listen and repeat. And listen and answer.
MaryK Audiobook
Gosh, I'm so optimistic! Or something.
Mohamed
Mohamed rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2017
Scott Karl M.
Scott Karl M. rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2016
Robert Wilson
Robert Wilson rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2017
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2016
Paul Sobczak
Paul Sobczak rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2013
Diely
Diely rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2017
AnnaRosa
AnnaRosa rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2014
Rrrrrron
Rrrrrron rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2013
Scotty
Scotty rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2013
Classical
Classical rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2016
SVEN
SVEN rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Brian Mulloy
Brian Mulloy rated it did not like it
Nov 22, 2014
Beverly Temporal
Beverly Temporal rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2013
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2013
Tim Norris
Tim Norris rated it liked it
May 16, 2014
Carl
Carl rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2012
Elizabeth Motyka
Elizabeth Motyka rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Pimsleur Comprehensive Spanish (3 books)
  • Pimsleur Spanish II
  • Pimsleur Spanish Level 3 CD: Learn to Speak and Understand Latin American Spanish with Pimsleur Language Programs