Start by marking “Murder Most Wholesome (A Blossom Valley Mystery, #5)” as Want to Read:
Murder Most Wholesome (A Blossom Valley Mystery, #5)

Murder Most Wholesome (A Blossom Valley Mystery #5)

Published February 23rd 2016 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Murder Most Wholesome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Most Wholesome

Lisa Kelley
Feb 22, 2016 Lisa Kelley rated it it was amazing
A fresh mystery with a healthy helping of intrigue!

I’ve been wanting to start this series for quite some time, but another book/series always seemed to crop up. I am so happy the chance arrived for me to read MURDER MOST WHOLESOME. Now I know what I’ve been missing, and I don’t want to miss anymore!

I thought I’d be lost starting with this fifth book in the Blossom Valley Mysteries, but I wasn’t at all. I was immediately drawn in by author Staci McLaughlin’s writing and her wonderful characters.
Betty
Feb 23, 2016 Betty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, cozy
This is the fifth book in the series and the first one I have read. Zennia is delighted to meet an ex-lover, Birch Kellar at the organic food store. The next morning Birch is found dead in Zennia's garden. Grief has consumed Zennia completely and she is unable to handle the cooking at the farm. Dana takes over the cooking in addition to her regular role. Dana has no known cooking abilities so she is learning on the job. Trying to get Zennia back to cook Dana takes Zennia to the. commune where ...more
Hilary
Mar 01, 2016 Hilary rated it it was ok
Shelves: light, netgalley, mystery
Dana works at an organic farm and spa, though her tastes are normally for anything *but* organic vegetables, but when her friend's first love shows up at the local commune, and is then found dead in Zennia's garden, she takes over kitchen duties (albeit with much trepidation) hoping to ensure guests won't complain, leave or starve.

I found the whole presentation very unsubtle, even for a cozy mystery, and the ending just too easy. Even the recipes at the end weren't particularly new. I find it di
Lisa Morin
Jan 12, 2016 Lisa Morin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Blossom Valley Mystery #5

Things are going smoothly in Blossom Valley, it's June and the early summer is a perfect time for guests to be arriving at O'Connell Organic Farm & Spa.
Dana Lewis is in charge of marketing for the farm and her free spirited co-worker, Zennia, is happy to teach her a few things about living a healthy lifestyle.
Zennia is stunned beyond belief when she runs into Birch, her first true love. When they parted ways several years earlier, Zennia had no idea she would ever se
DelAnne Frazee
ASIN: B00Y6RB2D2
Reviewer: DelAnne
Reviewed For: NetGalley
My Rating: 5 Stars

Dana Lewis' idea of a balanced meal is a microwavable dinner with equal wait distributed over the serving container, preferably no vegetables incl
Brenda
Jun 14, 2016 Brenda rated it really liked it
Murder Most Wholesome is the 5th in the Blossom Valley cozy mystery series centered around Dana Lewis. Dana's primary job is marketing for the O'Connell Organic Farm & Spa in Blossom Valley, California, but she often finds herself working as a jack of all trades around the establishment.

Dana, who exists on processed and microwavewable foods decides to accompany co-worker and Farm Chef, Zennia to the Farmer's Market in an effort to expand her knowledge regarding the healthy living lifestyle a
Nese
Sep 23, 2016 Nese rated it really liked it
The content of the book mostly is the descriptions of the daily routine of the organic spa staff and the introduction of the residents of a commune nearby. The book is very laid back, fun, and easy to read, making it perfect to take it with you to the beach. If you like reading about aging hippies and their lives in a commune, you may like this book. Three and a half stars.
Katie
Jan 25, 2016 Katie rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

This is the first book that I have read by Staci McLaughlin and I really enjoyed this cozy mystery. Murder Most Wholesome is the 5th installment of A Blossom Valley Mystery Series and I had no problem reading this before any of the other books in the series.
The book centers around our main character, Dana, who works in marketing for the O'Connell Organic Farm and Spa in Blossom Valley. Dana accompanies her friend and cook for the
Patty Allen
Jun 03, 2016 Patty Allen rated it it was amazing
I received this book from Netgalley.com in exchange for an honest review.

Murder Most Wholesome is the 5th book in the A Blossom Valley Mystery series, and my first book by this author. After reading this book, which I really enjoyed, I have to ask myself why I have not read any prior books. I will be reading the four prior books soon. Reading this book first, I did not feel lost at all in the story.

Dana Lewis primary job is marketing for the O'Connell Organic Farm & Spa in Blossom Valley, Ca
Kristina
Mar 07, 2016 Kristina rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries, 2016
Murder Most Wholesome by Staci McLaughlin is the fifth book in A Blossom Valley Mystery series (can be read as a stand-alone book). Dana Lewis works at O'Connell Organic Farm and Spa handling their marketing (and social media). However, when the chef is unable to work due to a long lost love being murdered and left in her front yard, Dana has to take over (her idea of cooking is hamburger helper). Dana figures the best way to get Zennia (the cook) back to work is to solve the murder. Will Dana ...more
Barb
Feb 25, 2016 Barb rated it liked it
I received an e-version of this book from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.
MURDER MOST WHOLESOME is the 5th instalment in Staci McLaughlin’s Blossom Valley Mystery Series. Dana Lewis is working as a marketing executive at an organic farm and spa in Blossom Valley, California, although she hates vegetables and her idea of a home cooked meal includes Hamburger Helper. One of her co-workers is Zennia, an aging hippie who cooks fresh, organic meals for the spa
RO G'ma
Murder Most Wholesome is the fifth book in Staci McLaughlin’s Blossom Valley Mystery series. Even though I haven’t read the previous books in this series, Ms. McLaughlin provided great background information and I didn’t feel lost. This book is a well-plotted murder mystery with a cast of realistic characters. The story has enough twists, turns, and suspects to keep the reader involved. I highly recommend this book for readers who enjoy a good murder mystery. I plan to read the first four books ...more
Phyllis
Jan 25, 2016 Phyllis rated it liked it
This is the 1st book that I've read in this series. I was furnished an advance copy of the book by net galley in exchange for an honest review. I don't rehash the plot details in my reviews because the publisher has provided background information and others have written extensively about the plot.

Even though I had not read the prior books in this series, I was able to follow the story just fine. The setting was unusual since much of the book revolves around a commune that one of the main charac
Feb 26, 2016 Laura rated it it was amazing
Great Book!
This is a great book; this is the fifth book in the A Blossom Valley Mystery series by Staci McLaughlin. Dana Lewis and Zennia Patrakio work at the O’Connell Organic Farm and Spa in Blossom Valley, California. Zennia and Dana go to the Blossom Valley farmer’s market, Zennia is surprised to see Birch Keller who was Zennia’s one true love who got away. When Birch is found dead in Zennia’s garden she becomes one of the suspects. Dana and Zennia put their sleuthing skills to the test to f
Tess
Feb 19, 2016 Tess rated it really liked it
Dana Lewis is working at an Organic Farm and Spa, catering to the wishes of her boss, and at times to the wealthy clients. Given that Dana is a junk food junkie, it is fun to see how Dana controls her work self and her real self.
She would rather have a burger and fries than a veggie platter. Take a relaxing trip to the spa, have a well balanced lunch, a soothing massage and catch up on Dana and her friends as they work, play and solve a murder or two.

FTC Full Disclosure - A copy of this book was
Kathy Bryson
Apr 18, 2016 Kathy Bryson rated it really liked it
An hysterically funny look at the people eccentric and tough enough to survive the hippie movement!
When her friend's old boyfriend turns up dead in the front yard after a chance meeting at the farmers' market, Dana finds herself thrust into solving another murder and worse, filling in as cook! Her adventures finding the killer juxtapose nicely with her efforts to prepare meals slightly more gourmet than PopTarts. Handled with deftness and humor, this book is another excellent installment in the
Jerri Cachero
Mar 19, 2016 Jerri Cachero rated it it was amazing
Dana is at it again , involved in solving a murder! This time the mystery revolves around Zennia, the chef for the spa.

When and old boyfriend is found dead in her yard, Zennia enlists Dana's help to solve the crime. Between acting as the interim chef (Dana can't cook) and trying to keep up with her job as marketing director, Dana manages to find time( with the help of friends) to solve the mystery and winds up getting surprising news herself!!

A great read. I enjoy the diverse characters that the
Memphistigergal
Jan 23, 2016 Memphistigergal rated it really liked it
Dana and Zinnia are friends that work for an organic spa and hotel. Zinnia is the expert chef focusing on healthy meals from local products. Now enters Birch, a blast from Zinnia's past. But before long-lost love can blossom, Birch is found murdered in Zinnia's garden. The rest of the book leads you on a whodunit chase that leads them to the community Birch was a member of.

This was a very quick and easy read. I found myself laughing out loud at some of the character's antics. The bonus to the bo
Jeri
Jan 21, 2016 Jeri rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, netgalley
Things seem to be going well for Dana. Her friend, Zennia is surprised when they run into an old flame of hers at the local farmers market. Dana is surprised to find out that there is a commune outside Blossom Valley that she never knew about. But when Zennia's old flame turns up dead in her front yard, Dana is determined to find out who killed him, and it seems there are a lot of people with lots of motives for wanting him dead.

I was given an advanced ecopy of this book from the publishers thro
Tiz. T.
Jan 24, 2016 Tiz. T. rated it liked it
A nice cozy mystery with some interesting insight in how a commune work.

And... that is about it?

I mean I do love cozy-mysteries. You read them and relax. You don't need to think over much.
This book was not particularly witty, nor has it an incredible setting (commune aside). The characters are just... here. Nice and all. But not incredible.

All in all a good book, but not an unforgettable of particular one.
Kathleen
Feb 11, 2016 Kathleen rated it really liked it
entertaining fast read- a cozy where communes are good and commerce is bad (sort of). I enjoyed watching Dana mature, especially as a cook, although I do think the book might have been better served by rounding out some of the other characters (I could, however, totally see Ashlee!) The reasoning behind the murder did come as a surprise. The recipes were a nice addition. Thanks to netgalley for the arc; I did fine with this as a standalone but I'll look for more from McLaughlin.
Jenni Schell
Jan 31, 2016 Jenni Schell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. How did I miss this series? This is the first book that I have read by this author and I am hooked. Staci McLaughlin does an amazing job of pulling the reader into the story. I admit that once I started this book I did not stop until I finished. Great job.
Susan
Jan 19, 2016 Susan rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
A member of a commune is murdered and Dana Lewis of O'Connell Organic Farm & Spa investigates - didn't really find the characters or the plot that interesting
Book received free from NetGalley
Noelle Fandel
Noelle Fandel rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
Archie
Archie rated it liked it
May 01, 2016
Mary  (Biblophile)
Mary (Biblophile) rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2016
Danielle Elum
Danielle Elum rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Jyotsna
Jyotsna rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Courtney
Courtney rated it really liked it
May 09, 2016
Staci McLaughlin was a technical writer in Silicon Valley for eight years before becoming a freelance writer. She is currently a member of Mystery Writers of America and Sisters in Crime. She is also a member of the LadyKillers, a group of thirteen writers who alternate posting daily blogs at www.theladykillers.typepad.com, as well as blogging on her own web site.

Her first book, Going Organic Can
More about Staci McLaughlin...

A Blossom Valley Mystery (5 books)
  • Going Organic Can Kill You (A Blossom Valley Mystery #1)
  • All Natural Murder (A Blossom Valley Mystery #2)
  • Green Living Can Be Deadly (A Blossom Valley Mystery #3)
  • A Healthy Homicide (A Blossom Valley Mystery #4)