Start by marking “The Lure of the Moonflower (Pink Carnation #12)” as Want to Read:
The Lure of the Moonflower (Pink Carnation #12)

The Lure of the Moonflower (Pink Carnation #12)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  1,853 Ratings  ·  311 Reviews
In the final Pink Carnation novel from theNew York Times bestselling authorof The Mark of the Midnight Manzanilla, Napoleon has occupied Lisbon, and Jane Wooliston, aka the Pink Carnation, teams up with a rogue agent to protect the escaped Queen of Portugal.

Portugal, December 1807. Jack Reid, the British agent known as the Moonflower (formerly the French agent known as th
Published August 4th 2015 by NAL

To ask other readers questions about The Lure of the Moonflower, please sign up.

Jaylee I don't think she needs a man, but since she's the central figure in this series, I'd really like to see a book with her as the main character. If for…moreI don't think she needs a man, but since she's the central figure in this series, I'd really like to see a book with her as the main character. If for no other reason than so that we can get into her head haha (less)

Laura Grant
Aug 06, 2015 Laura Grant rated it it was amazing
(view spoiler)
TL
Aug 07, 2015 TL rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
A satisfying conclusion to the series, although I will miss these more new adventures with these people :)

It was great to get inside Jane's and to finally properly meet Jack Reid :). While I knew in on respect how the story would go, it was still an interesting journey. Watching them come to terms with each other while going on with their mission.

The romance was slow-burning/building and never overtook the other part of the story. Jack has his demons and is full of surprises (to Jane) and Jane
Caz
I've given this a B+ at AAR, so 4.5 stars.

It's always a sad day when a long-running series comes to an end, especially one I've enjoyed as much as Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation series, but I suppose all good things must come to an end. And with The Lure of the Moonflower Ms Willig has done her fans proud and brings the series to a close on a high, with a fast-moving storyline featuring the Pink Carnation herself, now working alone and undercover in Portugal.

Jane Wooliston is an intelligent a
Angie
Aug 06, 2015 Angie rated it it was amazing
Had to give the series finale 5 stars!!

Pink XII is the much-anticipated "Jane's Story." For long time readers of the series, it's a story we've been wanting to know & read for awhile. Personally, I think it was done excellently. With Jane as the lead character, we see a different side to her personality than we've seen before. I think that's typical of the series, though. People aren't always what they seem to onlookers and once you get to "know" them first-hand, you see inside them and get
Laurel
All good things must come to end. And so it seems must my favorite historical romance series, The Pink Carnation—offering us its twelfth and final installment, The Lure of the Moonflower. *deep sigh*

For eleven novels author Lauren Willig has enchanted us with Napoleonic spies, romance and laughter. It has been an amazing ride while it lasted. Now with one last fling ahead of me I started to read (and listen to the audio edition) this new novel. Pushing aside my deep lament, I came to the realiza
Jessica
Aug 06, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book and I hope the author writes about Lizzy&Nicolas in novellas
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
*Special Content only on my blog, Strange and Random Happenstance, during An August Adieu to celebrate the release of Lauren Willig's final Pink Carnation Book The Lure of the Moonflower. (August 2015)

Jane doesn't know if it's wise to be working with Jack Reid, alias the Moonflower. But her mission is in Portugal, she doesn't speak the language, and he's the agent on the ground. Seeing as her old companion Miss Gwen is married to Jack's father, Jane has heard all there is to about Jack and his e
Itxitxu
Oct 06, 2015 Itxitxu rated it it was amazing
Looking forward to read Lizzy's book.
Jess
Aug 05, 2015 Jess rated it really liked it
I REALLY LIKED THIS.

I was so, so wary about this book, as those of you that I talk about this series with (and that I dragged into it with me) know well. Everything after book six is so hit or miss for me--the books range from "not a fan at all" to "I liked that way more than I expected, but maybe not as much as I thought." And I wanted this book. I'd wanted this book since she announced that we'd already met Jane's hero and we spent considerable time speculating as to his identity.

I wanted to l
Ashley
Jan 08, 2016 Ashley rated it really liked it
I wasn’t sure what to expect from this novel. This series was really fun and while Book 1 wasn’t my favorite, Books 2-5 were great. The series reached its peak with book 6, the fantastic Betrayal of the Blood Lily. After that there was a decline. Or maybe I just didn’t care too much about the newer characters. But I think Willig is really back on form with this book. It’s more serious than her last few, more in the vein of Blood Lily, which only makes sense since Jack Reid, the hero, was first ...more
Cait
Aug 05, 2015 Cait rated it really liked it
review & rating to come later but hint: I really liked it.

OKAY SO. 4.5 Stars.
This for me, was a return to what I love about the early books. The mix between farce and danger and serious stuff and arguing about what to call the donkey - stuff like this is why I adored this series, and I'm so glad we bookended the series with that stuff.

That being said. I did go into this with lowered expectations for this book - so I'm sure some of my love of it is associated with that, but it genuinely is g
Katie
I wasn't that into this, but, well, I kind of knew it would be a tough sell for me. The series has just gone on too long and I've grown weary of Willig's writing.

I do wish we'd gotten the Jane and Nicolas novella Willig apparently planned on writing. I felt like I missed out on something, since so much of that relationship happened off screen.

And the Colin/Eloise story (view spoiler)

I'd have some interest in a (view spoiler)
Alexa
Dec 03, 2015 Alexa rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
FIRST THOUGHTS: What a delightful adventure! The Lure of the Moonflower is different from the historical romances I've read, with an awesome espionage angle that I enjoyed. Jane and Jack were an adorable pair!
Romi
Aug 14, 2015 Romi rated it it was amazing
I loved the epilogue!!! Please Mrs.Willig give us more stories!! These characters need their own books:

-Lizzy
-Kat & Tommy
-Agnes
Alix
4.5 stars rounded up because it deserves it!

I REALLY like this. It was, for me, the perfect ending to the series. I had gone in with medium expectations since the last few books in the series had underwhelmed me but I was still excited for Jack. And boy was I not disappointed there! Jane/Jack was fantastic! They are the first Pink couple in a long time that I was swooning over. Their banter, chemistry, dynamic, all of it, was spot on and reminiscent of the characters and stories that made me fir
Beth
Aug 27, 2015 Beth rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
This was decent, but it came to such a foregone conclusion... For once I'd like two people to travel across the countryside and not fall in love. It would be such a refreshing change. And the modern-day parts were completely unnecessary and completely ridiculous.

(view spoiler)
Carole
Oct 06, 2015 Carole rated it it was amazing
I need Lizzy and Nicolas book
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)

Carole Rae
Sep 06, 2015 Carole Rae rated it it was amazing
Well...this is the end of a wonderful series. It was a long series, so I cannot complain because everything must come to end eventually. There is nothing worse then a series that drags on and on and on. Leave it on a good note and Lauren Willig certainly did. This was an excellent book to end the series on. However, I am still sad! I want more! :(

This is Jane's story. She has been the woman behind the scenes making all the other books even possible. I love Jane and I am glad we got to see behin
Cathy
Aug 27, 2015 Cathy rated it liked it

This was good and I enjoyed it quite a bit! I remember reading the preview at the end of last year's book and being completely over the moon about it because it had to be Jack and Jane she was setting up and JACK AND JANE.

Because of my ridiculously high expectations (and they were high. In spite of my being wary about starting this book because I knew there was no way I'd get everything I wanted, I am never good at lowering my expectations) I liked this, but I didn't love it.

I did lov
Aimee
Aug 09, 2015 Aimee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
I really enjoyed this book and thought it was a great ending for the series. The book itself I would give 4 stars, but I'm adding an extra star for the author extras at the end of the Kindle version- they were just what I needed in terms of closure on the series. (I do hope there are a few loose ends tied up someday in novels, but I'm satisfied with the series as a whole.)
Sue
Aug 14, 2015 Sue rated it it was amazing
I'm going to miss this series a great deal. I'm only sorry that (view spoiler)
Danielle (Love at First Page)
Jane has never been a favorite character in this series, so I wasn't all that crazy about her story, but I'm glad we've finally gotten Eloise and Colin's happy ending. I wish there had been more chapters with the two of them!
Grace
Aug 05, 2015 Grace rated it really liked it
Detailed review to follow but a very solid 4.5/5 stars. I really, really enjoyed this.
Jaclyn
With The Lure of the Moonflower, Willig’s Pink Carnation series comes to a close, and what a satisfactory ending it was.

Jane Wooliston is the Pink Carnation. The spy the spears dread in the French forces. On her latest mission Jane finds herself in Portugal tracking down the mad Queen Maria before the French can use her to their adventure. Aiding Jane is the Moonflower, Jack Reid, a spy of dubious loyalty. But, since Jane doesn’t speak Portuguese and Jack happens to be the estranged son of a fam
Elaine
Series: Pink Carnation, #12
Pages: 528
Publisher: NAL
Date: August 4, 2015

Summary:

In the final Pink Carnation novel from the New York Times bestselling author of The Mark of the Midnight Manzanilla, Napoleon has occupied Lisbon, and Jane Wooliston, aka the Pink Carnation, teams up with a rogue agent to protect the escaped Queen of Portugal.

Kathy Martin
Jul 15, 2016 Kathy Martin rated it it was amazing
Knowing that this was the last book in the Pink Carnation series, and knowing that Jane was going to be the star, made me a little apprehensive. Jane has been a character in many of the previous books in the series but she was always the quiet, self-contained mastermind who kept her plots and plans really close to her chest. I had trouble seeing her let herself be vulnerable enough to fall in love. I was wrong and Lauren Willig is a rock star!

This story takes place in Portugal just as the French
Victoria
Oct 18, 2015 Victoria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I wanted to take my time to think about this review since it will be the last Pink Carnation book I get to do so for. Reading it was such a bittersweet experience - this series has been with me for nearly a decade. I think about everything that has happened in my life as I've journeyed though the series, and it makes me reflect on how the last story went. I feel that when I started the series, I was much like Amy, and now at it's conclusion I feel I am like Jane in her quiet contemplation. I ...more
Laura McLoughlin
I loved, loved, loved this book. But I am so sad to see the series end. I have spent the last decade looking forward to the next Pink Carnation book. The first one came out when I was in graduate school and I'm pretty sure it was the first book I read after finishing up as a reward to myself. Rarely does a book actually make me laugh out loud and every one of these did that.

I understand why Lauren wanted to end the series and I'm glad that she chose to end with Jane's book. It was fascinating t
Brittany
Aug 09, 2015 Brittany rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, 2015
I received this novel as a first-reads.

This is the last book in The Secret History of the Pink Carnation series. Jack's (aka the Moonflower's) past actions (jewels of Berar) have had a major impact on Jane's life. When Jane is sent to Portugal, a country she is not familiar with nor speaks the language, she is forced to reach out to Jack for help. Together they trek around Portugal to save Queen Maria I from the hands of the French. Nothing seems to be going according to Jane's plans. And then
The Trunk 1 9 Aug 24, 2015 04:09AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 3 Feb 14, 2015 09:13AM
  • Malice at the Palace (Her Royal Spyness, #9)
  • Night of a Thousand Stars
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
  • Who Buries the Dead (Sebastian St. Cyr #10)
  • The Mask of Night (Rannoch/Fraser Publication Order, #3)
Lauren Willig is the New York Times bestselling author of sixteen works of historical fiction. Her books have been translated into over a dozen languages, awarded the RITA, Booksellers Best and Golden Leaf awards, and chosen for the American Library Association's annual list of the best genre fiction. After graduating from Yale University, she embarked on a PhD in English History at Harvard before ...more
More about Lauren Willig...

Pink Carnation (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Secret History of the Pink Carnation (Pink Carnation, #1)
  • The Masque of the Black Tulip (Pink Carnation, #2)
  • The Deception of the Emerald Ring (Pink Carnation, #3)
  • The Seduction of the Crimson Rose (Pink Carnation, #4)
  • The Temptation of the Night Jasmine (Pink Carnation, #5)
  • The Betrayal of the Blood Lily (Pink Carnation, #6)
  • The Mischief of the Mistletoe (Pink Carnation, #7)
  • The Orchid Affair (Pink Carnation, #8)
  • The Garden Intrigue (Pink Carnation, #9)
  • The Passion of the Purple Plumeria (Pink Carnation, #10)

“It's the exile's dilemma. The home they yearn for is never the home to which they return. If they return.” 3 likes
“If a man took a lover it would be accounted commonplace. Why shouldn't you? Your virtue lies in your mind, not in what lies between your legs.” 2 likes