Start by marking “Elements (The Biodome Chronicles #2)” as Want to Read:
Elements (The Biodome Chronicles #2)

Elements (The Biodome Chronicles #2)

New Eden Township is more than a dungeon for Fillion Nichols. The medieval biodome community, where Fillion is serving time, is a birthright that torments his life and threatens his future. Sealed inside the experimental Mars colony, there is no escape from anyone, especially the young woman who has haunted his thoughts for nearly six years. To preserve his sanity, he ...more
Published September 9th 2015 by Just Imagine...

To ask other readers questions about Elements, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elements

♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)
You can read this review and more on my blog:
I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for and honest review. This in no way influenced my opinion.

So far the Biodome Chronicles is a very fresh take on traditional plots. The first book focused mostly on setting things up, and in Elements the author focuses more on storytelling and progression rather than background and introducing new characters. For that reason, I enjoyed reading this more.
I do feel like Elements was l
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I’ve always had a fear of reading sequels. Most of the ones I’ve read ended up disappointing me, others were not as good as the first book in the series. You’d rarely get that one book that is better than its predecessor. I’m happy to let you know that Elements is one of those rare exceptions. Now, this is all my opinion. Some of you might not agree, but I’ll try to justify myself as best as I can.

I was afraid I’d end up not liking Elements so much. You can blame all those cheap Young Adult book
Selah Tay-Song
Jul 07, 2015 Selah Tay-Song rated it it was amazing
Jesikah Sundin's first novel, Legacy, was like a rich dessert to be savored slowly. Its sequel, Elements, is no less sweet or delicious, but pulled me through the pages as quickly as a child gulping up ice-cream.

In Legacy we were introduced to the world of the Biodome with hints and glimmers of the outside world of the mid 21st century. In Elements, both worlds are woven together as characters from each explore what are to them foreign landscapes. The landscapes of the Biodome are luscious and
Gabrielle
Dec 06, 2015 Gabrielle rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh ... this book! I can't even come up with words to describe its brilliance. So many unexpected twists and turns in two completely different worlds. The character depth and the world building were truly astounding. My only complaint is that I'm going to be pulling my hair out until the next book comes out ... Hanley better get it!! ;)
Chay
Aug 07, 2015 Chay rated it it was amazing
Secrets so many secrets are discovered in this book it is just amazing. I was basically like this the WHOLE time.
Nz2R23q.gif
Nah i was more like this:
Sign-1.gif
No words it was just stupendous, Elements had exactly what i expected and much more. We definitely got to see Oaklee and Fillion's relationship progress.(view spoiler)
Hannah

This book starts out exactly where it left the reader in the first book, LEGACY. It begins with a complete crash of two very different worlds. Jesikah Sundin perfectly executes that transition, fully developing the plot and characters in such a way that the readers are given a very realistic and emotional experience along with the characters, with the reader's attachment and emotion unique to each character's journe
Artis Fricbergs
Feb 15, 2016 Artis Fricbergs rated it it was amazing
Jesikah Sundin's first book in the Biodome Chronicles series, Legacy, set the table, presenting readers with an original bounty of visual futuristic landscapes, motifs, multi-layered plot lines, and complex compelling characters. In the sequel, Elements, all of these components are brought to life once again, and then some. I was totally immersed in this story, and loved reconnecting with these people, and with New Eden Township. As with Legacy, Elements delivers on all fronts. And if it's at ...more
Katie Kent
Jun 22, 2015 Katie Kent rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. I don't want to give too much away, so I won't include any spoilers or mention specific characters in this review.

Sundin packs more action and intrigue into this sequel to Legacy. From the first page, you are swept along with each new discovery the characters make. I love this series because it pushes one to think about the ethics and consequences of sealing people within a closed community, essentially freezing th
Melissa
Sep 07, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing
"Elements" takes The Biodome Chronicles to the next level in ways that leave you shivering -- both the good shivers and the bad shivers! I love the near-future view that Sundin takes. It's plausible enough to increase the trepidation factor, while also shining a light back on ourselves in our present society. This book is like the first, with elements of mystery, betrayal and love. But different, too, enhanced by chapters that take medieval biodome dweller Coal's point of view into the Outside ...more
Julie Bird
Sep 24, 2015 Julie Bird rated it really liked it
what can I say. I have been waiting for this book with baited breath. It was quite different than the first one. Jesikah is incredibly imaginative and crazy good with the gaming and tech stuff. I really enjoyed that, but my heart is with the folks in New Eden. That's where I want to live...
Also this was so heartbreaking and emotionally frustrating. But hopefully book 3 will work it out.

Loved it..keep it up Jesikah. Write fast please!
La.Tasha
Jan 08, 2016 La.Tasha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-read
I received this copy free from Goodreads Giveaways. I had to buy the first book in order this read the second and I'm glad I did. I would like to thank the author because she wrapped the book up and I felt like I was opening a present. It was awesome and I loved the book marks. It was exciting and I truly appreciate the care she put into my giveaway. Being that she did that I read the e-book so I wouldn't mess it up. I don't know how she has done it because her characters are so vivid and ...more
Candi Sary
Nov 08, 2015 Candi Sary rated it it was amazing
Jesikah Sundin has done it again. Book 2 in the Biodome Chronicles captured me just as much as book 1. I usually don’t read squeals, but after Legacy, I had to know what happens between Fillion and Willow.

Elements is as original and detailed as Legacy. Fillion enters the biodome and experiences a bizarre, simple place that is nothing like his fast-paced modern world of the 2050s. At the same time, Coal leaves the safety of the biodome and enters the real world with shocking discoveries. The nov
Leylan
Mar 07, 2016 Leylan rated it it was amazing
Elements picked up just where Legacy left off to the delight of this reader. Following the same rhythm to its predecessor, Elements highlights secondary characters to the forefront. A masterful move to the plot of the story.
We are given a better understanding of Coal, Son of Fire. Through his eyes and experience, we are given an in depth look at Fillion's world. Likewise, we get to really know Mack and Lynden and their impact on Fillion world. Both characters are given prominent roles in the st
Jennifer Newsom
Sep 07, 2015 Jennifer Newsom rated it it was amazing
While I loved both books in The Biodome Chronicles, I have to say that Elements is my favorite so far. I can't say why, without giving things away, but trust me, this book is great. More of everything that I liked in the first book, plus a new character perspective that is causing me to reconsider which team's T-shirt I will buy once they are available. Argh! All the things I want to say might give other things away.

I can say that I love it that the author has obviously got a well thought out, c
Jodi Woody
Aug 28, 2015 Jodi Woody rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of "Elements" in exchange for an honest review. This is book two in a series and I read book one quite a while ago, so I had to do a little back tracking to catch up. This is a great twist on sci fi/fantasy. A whole community of LARP'ers (Gamers who role play) are living in a biodome and the second generation have no idea that their world is make believe. I loved this one! Ton's of twists, romance, and we move from the biodome where they live like 15th century people, to ...more
Teresa Kander
Sep 13, 2015 Teresa Kander rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
I read the first book in this series last year, and I have been waiting impatiently for this one ever since. I was definitely not disappointed!

Once again, the book starts out a little slow, but it doesn't take long for it to pick up. When it does, the reader is in for a wild ride. The chapters alternate between the characters inside and outside the biodome, but after a while the two are so connected that the switches don't make a difference.

We learn so much more about The Code and its ramificati
Ryan
Oct 08, 2015 Ryan rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review, so here it is. Book two in the series continues right where book one left off, and I enjoyed every page just like the first. This book (and series, so far) fills a void in the popular fiction that is making the rounds today. I find myself seeing similarities to another popular young-adult world-inside-of-world series, but I've liked these books even more. As a geek who likes fantasy and science fiction, I feel like I'm the ...more
Mike Hartner
Sep 06, 2015 Mike Hartner rated it it was amazing
How do you start with cyber/steam punk and add mystery and romance, and complex characters?
I don't know either, but apparently Jesikah Sundin does.

This is a beautiful sequel to Elements (Book One) and it is also a coming-of-age for Leaf, Coal, Willow, and Fillion. There are more than enough twists and turns to keep anyone guessing. By the end of the story, I was emotionally wrung out. It leaves me hoping that Jesikah could release Book Three in the next two months.

Great work, Jes. I look forward
Jocelyn Skinner
Jul 03, 2015 Jocelyn Skinner rated it it was amazing
Elements was worth the wait! We are thrust back into this wonderfully written story and experience along with Coal the future world threw his eyes. The intrigue inside the dome continues to unfold as the true plot in slowly revealed. I loved it! Jesikah Sundin paints a visual landscape that awakens the mind and emotions. There were times I cried and then later laughed out loud, which drives my family crazy. Worth the read!
Angela
Sep 02, 2015 Angela rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. And she has done it again! Jesikah has a way of putting you into her world she has created immersing you with depth of detail and joy of discovering what will happen next. I was eager at the end of Legacy to enter the outside world and boy of boy she did not fall short.
Jessica
Sep 07, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed book 1 of this series, so I was hoping that this one would be at least as good. It turned out to be even better. The characters are well developed and the story is loaded with suspense and plot twists. The ending wraps up the storyline nicely while still leaving me longing to find out what happens next.
Jessica Jett
Jessica Jett rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2015
Msgypsy
Msgypsy rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2015
Kristina
Kristina rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015
Melonie
Melonie rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Shari
Shari rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Mary Schaal
Mary Schaal rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2016
Dayton Blue
Dayton Blue rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Trixi Virtucucio
Trixi Virtucucio rated it it was ok
Feb 26, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Elsbeth
Elsbeth marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Shannon Reagan
Shannon Reagan marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Auntie Em
Auntie Em marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Melissakerrlive.ca
Melissakerrlive.ca marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Robert Slater
Robert Slater is currently reading it
Oct 08, 2015
NightRider
NightRider marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Ariana Rapp
Ariana Rapp marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Kierstin Herbert
Kierstin Herbert marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Sharon Mariampillai
Sharon Mariampillai marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Jesikah Sundin
Oct 18, 2015 Jesikah Sundin added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Kathy Heare Watts
Kathy Heare Watts marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
  • The Geomancer (Gareth and Adele, #1)
  • Deadpool Classic, Vol. 5
  • Deadpool Volume 1
  • The Redcastle Redemption (The Athena Effect #4)
  • Trickster (The Ustari Cycle)
  • Third Charm (Run to You, #3)
  • A Clockwork Fairytale
  • Demon Bound (Black London, #2)
  • Peaceful Genocide
  • The Art of Bioshock Infinite
  • The Mysterious Madam Morpho (Blud, #1.5)
  • Embers & Ice (Rouge, #2)
  • Praying For Rain (The Lotus War, #0.5)
  • Shadows Gray (Shadows #1)
  • My Life From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy #3)
  • The Sowing
  • Dark Souls II Collector's Edition Strategy Guide
  • Red Hood's Revenge (Princess, #3)
Jesikah Sundin is a multi-award winning sci-fi/fantasy writer mom of three nerdlets and devoted wife to a gamer geek. In addition to her family, she shares her home in Monroe, Washington with a red-footed tortoise and a collection of seatbelt purses. She is addicted to coffee, laughing, and Dr. Martens shoes... Oh! And the forest is her happy place.

THE BIODOME CHRONICLES is proclaimed the winner
More about Jesikah Sundin...

The Biodome Chronicles (3 books)
  • Legacy (The Biodome Chronicles #1)
  • Transitions: Novella Collection (The Biodome Chronicles #2.5)

“Love has little to do with romance and everything to do with honor.” 8 likes
“You’re awesome, remember that.” She continued, harsh and bitter. “Who cares what anyone says about you? And they will talk shit. People are going to verbally destroy you, plaster your image all over the Net, say hateful things about you as if they’re fact, and you need to be indifferent. Got that? You don’t give a shit. About anything.” She removed her grip from his chin. “Why?”

“Because I am awesome.”