Start by marking “Enid Blyton's Christmas Stories (Bumper Short Story Collections)” as Want to Read:
Enid Blyton's Christmas Stories (Bumper Short Story Collections)

Enid Blyton's Christmas Stories (Bumper Short Story Collections)

Enid Blyton's timeless collection of Christmas stories - an ideal gift for anyone who loved the stories during their own childhood to pass on to the next generation of readers.

Here is a wonderful selection to read and share. From Santa Claus and his helpers to a family putting up their tree, the characters in these stories embrace the Christmas spirit. There is mystery a

Published September 4th 2014 by Hodder Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Enid Blyton's Christmas Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enid Blyton's Christmas Stories

Trish at Between My Lines
3 stars for the very young or the very nostalgic.

Some stories are more entertaining than others. And interspersed throughout, there is an ongoing story of a family celebrating Christmas and working out how all the old Christmas traditions came about.

In typical Enid Blyton style, the good children get rewarded, the bad get their comeuppance and are redeemed. She definitely believed in karma!

Sunshine
Jan 25, 2016 Sunshine rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Good stories! I like the alternating between chapters of the main story interspersed with other short stories. Quite enjoyed the grown up voices but no so much the children's :-/
Sarah Tipper
Dec 21, 2015 Sarah Tipper rated it really liked it
This is a book of twenty-six charming chapters. It has a coherent narrative in eleven of the chapters which are about the same family celebrating Christmas. The children (Ann, Peter, Susan and Benny) ask questions about English Christmas customs, which get answered by their parents. As well as this there are fifteen short stories all about something Christmassy. These chapters are interspersed with the ones which feature the family. The tales are sometimes moralistic, as you’d expect from Enid ...more
Just_me
Mar 22, 2016 Just_me rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books, toppsta
Great little kids book. I was supposed to read this book with my seven year old daughter but I got sick and she read it by herself. She was raving so much about it I had to read it as well :).

My daughter preferred the short stories and I liked the big family christmas stories and the lessons learnt from mum and dad. We will probably get this out again in a year or so and read it again at christmastime.
Lynne
Dec 27, 2014 Lynne rated it really liked it
Loved it! And learnt a lot about Christmas traditions such as the origins of the Yule Log (derived from the Nordic Jul-Vatter apparently) and Boxing Day (philanthropy delivered on St Stephen's Day - 26th is also the feast day of St John who is NOT Mary Magdalene the Evangelist). Nostalgia, albeit cleaned up and now apparently politically correct nostalgia, at its best. Great stuff.
D.J.
D.J. rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2015
olwen
olwen rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2015
Eva
Eva rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
Katie George
Katie George rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Rebecca Hunt
Rebecca Hunt rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2015
sanjeev wadhwa
sanjeev wadhwa rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Nicola
Nicola rated it it was ok
Dec 19, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2015
Aquabubble22
Aquabubble22 rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2016
Tracey Turville
Tracey Turville rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Pug
Pug rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2015
Jo
Jo rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2015
Fay Roberts
Fay Roberts rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Patricia Cardoso
Patricia Cardoso rated it it was ok
Jan 29, 2016
Sharvani Raghunath
Sharvani Raghunath rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2015
Keri Ackling
Keri Ackling rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
Abhisneha Sinha
Abhisneha Sinha rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2015
Liezel
Liezel rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2015
Rebeccadanielle
Rebeccadanielle rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2014
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2016
Aisha
Aisha rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2015
Sophie
Sophie rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2015
Elaine
Elaine rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2015
Chandna Agarwal
Chandna Agarwal rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2015
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...