Start by marking “Outbreak (Uncanny Attraction, #2)” as Want to Read:
Outbreak  (Uncanny Attraction, #2)

Outbreak (Uncanny Attraction, #2)

A Zombie Apocalypse-Set Gay Erotic Romance Short Story from Steam Books

When a terrifying zombie virus descends on England, Harry hides out on the upper floors of an apartment building. With food running low, he ventures downstairs and saves a desperate survivor from the monsters who’ve arrived in London. Joe, a muscular former cop, agrees to help defend Harry in exchange
Published October 8th 2014 by Steam Books

To ask other readers questions about Outbreak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Outbreak

J. Kahele
Sep 25, 2015 J. Kahele rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
My cop was commando!

Even as short as this was, it was a very engaging story' and the writing was excellent! Harry has been stuck in his apartment for a long time, locking himself in after a viral outbreak occurred turning people into zombies.

He was running low on food and had to les e his apartment to find someone. He hears screaming and sees a man running for his life from a zombie. Harry takes his pipe and kills the zombie. Over exerted and overwhelmed he passes out right on the spot. Does he
Dec 02, 2014 Sarah rated it liked it
Cute and hot short story. Too many things don't jive with being holed up in an apartment for 3 years but the point was the erotica. Might make for a good full story if it was fleshed out to make sense. The writing flowed and there were no typos.
Tom
Nov 15, 2016 Tom rated it did not like it
A novellett

Very little more than 1sex scene not a book but a chapter. Relies on the popularity of zombies but doesn't tell anything about them.
Wanda Hartzenberg
Sep 21, 2015 Wanda Hartzenberg rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015
Ok so basically this author wanted to describe a sexy gay sex scene. I am not sure if he accomplished this cause I was laughing too hard at the intro.
Picture this. Department building -- living off of canned food for years. Yeah, our boy must be a survivalist an urban one for he had enough and so did his neighbours so that he could go and steal theirs. Now that is one thing but the jump between tenses in the intro totally told me the author had no interest what so ever to tell us a story.

His aim
Benjamin Spurlock
This is the kind of story where your enjoyment of it will really depend on what lens you're reading through. If you come into this looking for a gay romance story, then you'll probably work it. It's a solid story, as far as that goes, there's a good interplay between the isolated homebody and the risk-taker who changes his world and gives him access to the outside world while also needing the security he can offer.

But, if you come into it expecting more of the zombie angle, you'll be disappoint
Scarlett
Nov 30, 2014 Scarlett rated it liked it
Shelves: type-mm, 3-5-out-of-5
I was in the mood for something 'zombie apocalypsey', and decided upon this short story. It tells the story of two men who are struggling to survive several years after the apocalypse begins. Some element stretched realism a bit (view spoiler) but the fear and determination to live rang true, and this is what gave the story a bit of a spark. It was a ...more
Tammy K.
This short story starts off as many zombie apocalypse stories do, in a rush to get through the back-story.
It starts to setting down into a survivor story line somewhere around the middle.
The ending felt rushed. However, I think this is supposed to be part of a series with more Joe and Harry's fate to follow (?).
If this turns out to be a zombies series, I will follow it.
There is a serious lack of "quality" LGBT Zombie-Horror books in the market. I feel that this plot-line has potential.
Sternchen
Jul 21, 2015 Sternchen rated it it was ok
*yawns* This was so unbelievably boring. No logic, no plot, no atmosphere, no suspense, no characters (just dull puppets), and not the slightest bit of erotic tension. Oh, but at least one zombie. To sum it up: lame.
But since there were no major points that annoyed me (or were just wrong and offensive): two tiny stars.
Valentina
I quite liked this story, I only wish it were longer. I'd love to learn more about the outbreak itself and the character's back-stories, but for a short story that focuses on the romance part, it was good enough.
Felipe Sandoval
Jun 11, 2015 Felipe Sandoval rated it really liked it
Love Conquers All

This title is very eloquent, as is the plot. Love comes when you least expect it. I loved this story!
Gwendolyn
Nov 12, 2014 Gwendolyn rated it it was ok
I know it's a short story but the sex seemed rushed after a few months of living together with nothing. It was an OK short story.
Megan
I liked this short read. Didn't have near enough zombie action in it for my liking but I felt for the length of the book it covered enough ground.

Overall I enjoyed it.
kerryann williams
Dec 03, 2014 kerryann williams rated it liked it
Um what the

Outbreak a zombie apocalypse was ok. It kept your interest but went no where fast,don't know much about how it started theIr thoughts on anything but a fast hook up.
Michael Reale
Oct 30, 2014 Michael Reale rated it it was amazing
An excellent short story by Corey Stark. Well written and very engaging. I would whole-heartedly recommend this novelette.
Elizabeth
Apr 14, 2016 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: dls
Nice little story about love and other stuff in a ZA
Sue bowdley
Nov 19, 2014 Sue bowdley rated it really liked it
Not bad..would have made a great full novel..two guys surviving zombie apocalypse x
Kelly Romero
Kelly Romero rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Brandy
Brandy rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2015
David
David rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2014
crystal bouray
crystal bouray rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2015
Patrick Vince
Patrick Vince rated it really liked it
May 29, 2015
Lori Chandler
Lori Chandler rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2015
Tom Gaudreau
Tom Gaudreau rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2015
Elsi
Elsi rated it it was ok
Nov 23, 2014
Cody
Cody rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2016
Cody Carter
Cody Carter rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2014
Ben
Ben rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Hailey Hobbs
Hailey Hobbs rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2014
Rebecca Evans
Rebecca Evans rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015