Start by marking “Bear in Mind (A Bear Jacobs Mystery Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Bear in Mind (A Bear Jacobs Mystery Book 1)

Bear in Mind (A Bear Jacobs Mystery Book 1)

If you think old folks at the home are sitting on the porch, listening to the ball game and downing lemonade, then meet retired P.I. Bear Jacobs, his eWatson Lily Gilbert, and the rest of the quirky residents at Jessica’s Adult Care Home. Yes, they are infirm. Yes, they gripe. But all the while, they’re solving crimes and dodging bullets. They’re tough, they’re engaged ...more
Published September 7th 2014 by Mycomm One

To ask other readers questions about Bear in Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bear in Mind

Steve
May 10, 2015 Steve rated it really liked it
With a handful of nicely made characters and a mystery for them to address, this is an enjoyable meander into sleuthing at AARP pace, with Bear’s being the detective, quad cane and all, and Lily’s being his associate, missing leg and all. Lily’s case notes really help develop her cranky, caring, independent-thinking character, a good foil for Bear, a large-size man returning to detection to help out a fellow resident of the home where he and Lily live. At a nice pace, the story unfolds of a ...more
Karen B.
Feb 23, 2015 Karen B. rated it it was amazing
This book was a real surprise in that I expected it to be another Senior Cozy but this was a whole lot more than a cozy. The seniors in this book are not just seniors who knit and play scrabble but real people who think. They don't let the senior status or their infirmities get in the way of solving the mystery of why "young" senior citizens in the area are disappearing. Bear, a retired PI, makes it his business to figure out what is going on and gets the police involved. He is aided by his ...more
Laura Cushing
Dec 05, 2014 Laura Cushing rated it really liked it
I really liked the idea of senior citizens in an retirement home being detectives. The author does really well at showing their physical limitations as a real challenge, and having the seniors cleverly work around them with their still-sharp minds.

The first part of the book dragged a little for me because I wasn't familiar with the characters- if I had read The Funhouse Chronicles first, I would've likely enjpoyed part one more. But as I got into knowing who the characters were, I really loved t
Gar Wiggs
Jul 04, 2015 Gar Wiggs rated it really liked it
Old Timer's Joy!

As an 85 year old avid mystery reader, I especially enjoyed Ms. Myers giving us old timers credit or having brains, guts and stick to it stuff to make good things happen to good people ... and some bad things happen to those who deserved it. Right on for us old timers!
Bob
Mar 11, 2015 Bob rated it liked it
A group of oldsters have found a comfortable retirement home including a retired PI and when the wife of one of the residents turns up missing the PI and the other residents start doing some investigating and turn up way more than one missing wife. Light and humorous this escapade of seniors makes for some easy and light reading.
Anita Mott
This was an interesting story -- a group of people in assisted living trying to solve a crime. Sadly, the ebook version was missing 24 pages near the beginning. One of the ladies is keeping a diary of the events as they proceed. If you know anything about old people living in assisted living, you will enjoy this book.
Tere Fredericks
Nov 17, 2015 Tere Fredericks rated it it was amazing
Proves You CAN Have a Fun, Vibrant

Life after 50-60. This is thoroughly fun, wth a gang of not-so-old folks living in a not old folks home figuring out where missing people, over the age of 55, end up. Why not? no one else was looking. Loads of fun for an extremely dark subject. I loved it.
Judy A. Ptacek
Nov 21, 2014 Judy A. Ptacek rated it liked it
Bear in Mind

An interesting cozy mystery where seniors figure out what is happening to missing seniors. Bear's friends get involved and even though they have physical disabilities they are clever and are able to put the prices together and see what the missing persons have in common and take steps to solve it.
kathleen m novotny
Mar 23, 2016 kathleen m novotny rated it it was amazing
Fun read

Especially if you are a senior. Easy and light and pretty funny as well. I very definitely. Recommend this one
Marsha L. Butterfield
Nov 17, 2014 Marsha L. Butterfield rated it really liked it
Senior detectives

Plenty of oddly lovable people with character (or just characters!). Old doesn't mean worthless. These senior detectives prove they still have what it takes.
Janice M Smith
Janice M Smith rated it did not like it
Nov 25, 2014
Lynda J. deVries
Lynda J. deVries rated it liked it
May 01, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2015
Sharon Eddy
Sharon Eddy rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Loretta
Loretta rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2015
Rose
Rose rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2015
Kaaren
Kaaren rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2015
Marcia
Marcia rated it did not like it
Mar 29, 2016
Nancy Royal
Nancy Royal rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Gail E.
Gail E. rated it did not like it
Sep 28, 2016
Sharlene Davis
Sharlene Davis rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Tinanz
Tinanz rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2015
Judi Knox
Judi Knox rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2015
Alissa
Alissa rated it liked it
May 13, 2016