Start by marking “Journey to Fusang” as Want to Read:
Journey to Fusang

Journey to Fusang

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  3 reviews
In a world where European civilization has been left stunted by Mongol invasions, the New World, discovered and exploited by the Moors and Chinese, becomes the setting for the madcap adventures of an Irish con artist.
Published January 1st 1988 by Warner Books (NY)

To ask other readers questions about Journey to Fusang, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journey to Fusang

Werner
Dec 17, 2010 Werner rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of alternate world fiction, adventure, and picaresque tales
Because I'm pretty much a sucker for alternate-world fiction, when I saw this book available at a flea market for a bargain price, I snapped it up. As my rating suggests, I wasn't disappointed --though I was rounding up; if I could give half stars in Goodreads rating system, I'd probably have awarded it three and a half. This was my first acquaintance with Sanders' work, though I've read one of his short stories since.

Since the Goodreads entry for this book has no description (I'll have to write...more
L.
This is the story of Finn of No Fixed Abode, an Irish rogue who makes a journey of discovery across a strangely altered United States. Mr. Sanders is a master of alternate history, and has skillfully created a world where Europe never rose to prominence. Finn and his two companions, Yusef and Allred, travel across an America dominated by Arabs to the East and Chinese to the West. Along the way, Finn encounters ninjas, Apaches, Cossacks, and many strange and wonderful things. He learns about life...more
Bruce
Werner A's review of this book is awesome. I don't have much to add, except brevity ;-)

I've read this book at least 3 times since 1990 (pub 1988). And I've read a bunch of other stuff by Sanders on the strength of this book, though I have to say it would be OK if I hadn't, this is his best.

So many rereads, why 4 stars? Because it is sitting by the side of a bed that I only visit for a day or so every week or two, and I don't feel a compelling hunger to finish it. I'm happy to go on nibbling at t...more
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Joseph
Joseph marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Suomynona
Suomynona marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
Ari  P.
Ari P. marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013
David
David marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Emily
Emily added it
Aug 05, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2012
Mark
Mark added it
May 27, 2012
Andrew
Andrew added it
Aug 09, 2011
Carlos Aranaga
Carlos Aranaga marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2011
Harry
Harry added it
Jul 03, 2010
Lynn
Lynn added it
Jan 07, 2010
The Wild Blue and the Gray The Ballad of Bill Badass and the Rose of Turkestan Are We Having Fun Yet? --American Indian Fantasy Stories East of the Sun and West of Fort Smith J.