Start by marking “Where Is Baby's Mommy? (A Lift-the-Flap Book)” as Want to Read:
Where Is Baby's Mommy? (A Lift-the-Flap Book)

Where Is Baby's Mommy? (A Lift-the-Flap Book)

Is Mommy behind the chair?
Is Mommy behind the plant?

Join baby as he plays hide-and-seek with Mommy. The sturdy format and easy-to-lift flaps in this delightful interactive book are perfect for parents and children to share.
Board Book, 14 pages
Published April 1st 2001 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Where Is Baby's Mommy?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Is Baby's Mommy?

Mary Catherine
Nov 23, 2012 Mary Catherine rated it really liked it
I thought this was really cute. It reminded me of when I would look for my grandmother when I was a child. It always seemed to go on forever. I'm giving this to my nephew because he's ALWAYS looking for Mommy - he's such a Momma's Boy. Haha
Julia Miller
This little board book follows an unnamed baby as it searches for its mother. The child is fairly gender-ambiguous, allowing for small children to easily imagine themselves in the baby's role. The search involves opening a number of flaps that reveal text paired with new items and animals. The images strongly support the text, and the flap aspect makes it a good one both for read alouds and for young children to explore on their own.

My son wasn't particularly thrilled with the art, but it was of
Libby
Sep 30, 2009 Libby rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
I would probably only give this 4 stars, but my one-year-old son really loves this "lift-the-flap book"- mostly because of its interactive nature. I think what he loves most about books is turning the pages and so he loves that there is also a flap to "turn". The illustrations have a "collagey" feel and the text is simple and short enough for a young child to stay interested. I think it's cute that the main character collects the objects he finds in his wagon and brings it with him.
Connie
Aug 08, 2008 Connie rated it really liked it
I really like her cute artwork, and I like her direct way of writing to little kids. It works very well for them.

I do want to say, though, that this book is not very strongly constructed, which seems a terrible error, given the age range! Keep it on a high shelf, definitely. It's a book to be read with supervision.
Gabriel
Dec 18, 2009 Gabriel rated it liked it
Like all of Karen Katz's books, this one's so cute. But why of the four in the family series (mommy/daddy/grandma/grandpa) is this the only one where the adult's not on the cover?

SPOILER LOL... And why is this the only one where mommy only appears at the very end? I feel like mommy's playing hiding & seek too long, lol. She should be in the whole book! & so did Gabriel. Ha ha.
Michael
Aug 28, 2012 Michael rated it really liked it
Answers some tough questions that sometimes you're scared to ask. For example: Can any good come from peeking behind a shower curtain with a wry grin? (see book cover; answer on page 10) Is mommy in the closet?? (see page 2) Is someone hiding in mommy's bed??? (see page 12)
Skylar Burris
Dec 29, 2007 Skylar Burris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
The perennial "Where is…" game can be played through this enjoyable lift-the flap book. My daughter loved this for a long time.
Ann
Nov 22, 2016 Ann marked it as to-read
Shelves: 50-books-program
50 Books to Read to Your Baby(2013 Meade Co.)
bubblebee
Sep 29, 2009 bubblebee rated it really liked it
A lovely book where baby is looking for his mummy. Nat loves tyring to peek under the plant, for whatever reason, the plant attracts him a lot.
Shala Howell
Aug 04, 2007 Shala Howell rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
This book held B's attention at a time when few books could (when she was 2 months old). We still enjoy reading it.
Celticoracle
Mar 22, 2014 Celticoracle rated it really liked it
Shelves: mini-me
Hide-and-seek is currently one of Mini-Me's favourite games, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised she loved this as much as she did, even though I thought it might have been too young for her.
Holly
Feb 06, 2013 Holly rated it really liked it
Shelves: carson-s
Love lift the flap books! I'd have given it another star, but it isn't quite Spot.
Molly
Oct 11, 2014 Molly rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
A lift and flap book about a child playing hide and seek with their mother. It is cute.
Ellee
Very cute. My little boy enjoyed it a lot. :) ... Until he decided that the plant was scary. I think he was having a bad day that day, though.
Margaret Chind
Feb 01, 2012 Margaret Chind rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
I was excited when I saw this one because we like the belly button book so much, but this wasn't as great. It didn't make it home with us.
Erinbarbour
Mar 13, 2010 Erinbarbour rated it liked it
My 11 month old loves lifting the flaps, and seems fascinated by this book, but I have to be careful because she is a little rough and will try to tear the flaps off if she could.

Joshua's Mom
Apr 10, 2012 Joshua's Mom rated it really liked it
Bright and fun illustrations. I wish the flaps were a little more heavily reinforced to the book. I have had to tape all mine with clear duct tape.
Mckinley
May 19, 2014 Mckinley rated it really liked it
Laughed. Wish there has been more.
Jenn
Jenn rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2015
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Jeannette
Jeannette rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2011
Stella
Stella rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2010
Steve
Steve rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2008
Nicki
Nicki rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2015
Amy Woodward
Amy Woodward rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2015
Koushik Gupta
Koushik Gupta rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2014
Katie Fitzgerald
Katie Fitzgerald rated it liked it
May 29, 2014
Ariadne
Ariadne rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2014
Amy K.
Amy K. rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was ok
Dec 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Toes, Ears, & Nose! (A Lift-the-Flap Book)
  • What Makes A Rainbow (Magic Ribbon Books)
  • B is for Bear
  • Waddle!
  • Mirror Me!: A Mirror Book (Baby Einstein)
  • In My Tree
  • Snuggle Up Sleepy Ones
  • Touch & Feel: FARM
  • Ten In The Bed
  • Smile!
  • Big Enough for a Bed (Sesame Street)
  • Little Pookie
  • Row Row Row Your Boat (Baby Board Books)
  • Peek-a-Moo!
  • Bubbles, Bubbles (Sesame Beginnings)
  • Llama Llama Wakey-Wake
  • Curious George's Are You Curious?
  • Trucks Board Book
Karen Katz has written and illustrated many books for children, including The Colors of Us, Can You Say Peace, My First Ramadan, Counting Kisses and Where is Baby's Belly Button. Long inspired by folk art from around the world, she was inspired to write her first book, Over the Moon, when she and her husband adopted their daughter from Guatemala, and she wanted to tell the story of welcoming Lena ...more
More about Karen Katz...