Jessi Ramsey, Pet-sitter (The Baby-Sitters Club, #22)

Jessi Ramsey, Pet-sitter (The Baby-Sitters Club #22)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  1,352 ratings  ·  22 reviews
When the Mancusis' go on vacation, they call on Jessi Ramsey, once a baby-sitter, now a pet-sitter, to take care of their many pets.
Published October 1st 1989 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Jessi Ramsey, Pet-sitter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jessi Ramsey, Pet-sitter

Julie Decker
Jessi answers a desperate call from a family that needs a last-minute person to watch their babies. Well, their animal babies. Jessi has become a pet-sitter. In the meantime, while she's drowning in all the responsibilities, the Baby-Sitters Club has become a pit of turmoil: everyone's kinda sick of Kristy being so bossy, so they decide there should be elections for new positions. Jessi's caught in the middle and overwhelmed!

I was NEVER an animal person or an animal-book person, so this was not...more
Swankivy
I was put off by the subject matter of this one because I was never a pet person. But I read it anyway because that was the kind of completist I was, and I liked Jessi more than most of the other characters. The pet hijinks aren't even really something I remember, but what I do remember is that the Baby-Sitters Club kind of has a fight. Kristy is the president of the club and always has been because it was her idea, but when she starts being particularly snotty about her leadership role, they de...more
Rachel Brand
As far as I can remember, this wasn't one of the BSC books that I read as a child. There are some of the books that I've read for the first time as an adult and loved, but this isn't one of them. That said, the book isn't bad either. It's just one of those strange instances of the sub-plot seeming to be more important than the main storyline. Here, Jessi gets a week-long pet-sitting job for a family who're going on vacation and have their usual pet-sitter cancel on them. The sitting job in itsel...more
Laura Hughes
A deadly dull description of daily dog-walking duties is suddenly saved from snoresville by a club procedure B-plot. I love club procedure! The senior club members get into a fight; Mary Anne, Claudia, and Dawn are sick of being bossed around by Kristy and sick of the downsides of their own jobs, and they demand elections. (Jessi and Mallory are extremely uncomfortable and mostly try to stay out of it.) In the end, everyone votes unanimously for the incumbents to remain in their positions, and t...more
Edward Creter
Jessi Ramsey, the black ballet dancer, really has to keep on her toes with this one, as she is sitting for pets: dogs, cats, turtles, snakes, etc. Can she hold on for one week as (agaaaiiin!) the BSC suffers internal combustion? Read to find out.
April

Awesome books that girls will love! And the...more
Halida
I luv all the animals at the Mancusis' :D
The pet-sitting part was so exciting, I kind of feel like I need some extra chapters on that. When Jessi noticed something wrong with a hamster, and when she said (s)he was being aggressive, I just pictured those days when I had pet hamsters of my own.
Kristy was even bossier than usual and it irked me, but thanks it's all solved at the end of the book
Sally
The first BSC I ever read! Because I love dogs and the cover/title was appealing and it looked like such a fun series. This was the latest release at the time, so the bookstore had a huge display of them and I decided to try. It was in Mt. Gambier, SA, and I think my uncle might have bought me the book?
Idea Smith
The minor plot line in this book is actually more interesting than the major one of Jessi's pet-sitting project. The BSC is in uproar over Kristy's sudden bossiness. The other members demand a re-election of all the positions. Will the club split up? An important and exciting book in the series.
Amie
Somehow I always remember my first reading at the very end. This book was just as enjoyable the second time, though I'm reminded why I never cared for Jessi. I was a dancer for a short time, and her commitment and my lack thereof intimidated me. The book was good, though.
Alexa
This book is mediocre, not particularly amazing but not awful either. Not a bad read for younger kids, but high-schoolers may find it boring. All the same, I can't help occasionally enjoying a baby-sitters club book :)
Noora
Oikein sopivaa kesäluettavaa, vaikka olenkin aikaa sitten kasvanut ulos sarjan lukijakunnasta. Ihan ok kirja sarjan muihin kirjoihin verrattuna.
Rhiannon1220
This whole series is great for girls between 11-15 years old. I read every last one of them as I was growing up.
Maria M. Elmvang
Jessi remains one of my favourite babysitters, even when there's no ballet involved.
Kirstin
OMG-Was Jessi completely K-R-A-Z-Y to take on such a big baby sitting job?????
Lucy
Dec 30, 2009 Lucy added it
Shelves: childhoodreads
at times I wished I was like Jesse beautiful,slim;graceful.
Amy Holcomb
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Quinn McColgan
my favorite part was when the hamsters were born
Eloise
it was ok,
but I didnt hook.
Matthew
It was a cool book.
Cws
JAR4 Mar
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Holly
Holly added it
Sep 18, 2014
Laura added it
Sep 09, 2014
  • The War Between the Twins (Sweet Valley Twins, #37)

Ann gets the ideas for her books from many different places. Some are based on personal experiences, while others are based on childhood me...more
More about Ann M. Martin...
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray A Corner of the Universe The Doll People (Doll People, #1) The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)