Start by marking “No Hitting!: A Lift-the-Flap Book” as Want to Read:
No Hitting!: A Lift-the-Flap Book

No Hitting!: A Lift-the-Flap Book

With the help of this book, toddlers will love learning to say NO to hitting?and screaming and squeezing and yelling?and YES to fun! Refreshingly honest and all too true, this funny book is perfect for toddlers, and parents will find it a painless way to steer their little ones toward, shall we say, more acceptable behavior!
Novelty Book, 14 pages
Published October 7th 2004 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about No Hitting!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Hitting!

Holly Letson
A cute book that teaches kids alternate ways to take out their frustrations, so that they will not hurt anyone or anything.
Nov 10, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it
This is the first book my three-year-old daughter ever connected with on an emotional level. She wanted to read it four times when we first checked it out at local story hour program. It was a great jumping off point for many discussions about more appropriate behaviors. I gave it three stars instead of four because I had to "read" additional behaviors in addition to what Katz wrote. The pages about putting on a coat is not an "I can do this instead of this" example. There is not alternative beh ...more
Melenia Gibson
Melenia Gibson rated it really liked it
Beloved Girl
Jan 31, 2016 Beloved Girl rated it it was amazing
Shelves: j1-j3
Even for very young kids it is important to educate some feelings and how to relieve anger. I think it is a good book for it.
Skylar Burris
Dec 29, 2007 Skylar Burris rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
This one is okay; not one of her better lift-the-flap books. It takes the modern child-rearing line that you can never just tell a kid something is wrong; you must always give them alternatives: don't hit your brother, hit a drum! My daughter did not enjoy this quite as much as the other books in this series, but she did enjoy it.
Hilary
Apr 27, 2008 Hilary rated it it was amazing
Megan recommended this author, and I happened upon this one at an online sale, so I thought I'd give it a try (especially since my kids love to hit). I didn't think they'd like it since it tells them to NOT do something, but now it's one of their favorites!
Shala Abbott
Dec 05, 2012 Shala Abbott rated it it was amazing
This book was really cute. It will help young students with positive redirection. This book would be agreat resource if their was a behavior problem in the class.
بثينة العيسى
Dec 28, 2011 بثينة العيسى rated it it was amazing

It's a bright book. Now my son is thinking of alternative ways to express his anger. Great work.
Megan
Aug 29, 2008 Megan rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
We used this with William when he was hitting. I liked it for the most part.
Novac Dewantiningrum
Novac Dewantiningrum marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
kara
kara rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2016
Joey Yong Hui Shze
Joey Yong Hui Shze rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Nova
Nova marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Lindsay Yanoff
Lindsay Yanoff rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2016
Faye Baker
Faye Baker marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Travis Adams
Travis Adams marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Ai Ra
Ai Ra marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Stephanie Reeder
Stephanie Reeder marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Alyson Colella
Alyson Colella marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Chase
Chase rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2016
Sonia Allison
Sonia Allison marked it as to-read
Melenia Gibson
Melenia Gibson rated it really liked it
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Jessi
Jessi rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Rachel Geen
Rachel Geen marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Karen Katz has written and illustrated many books for children, including The Colors of Us, Can You Say Peace, My First Ramadan, Counting Kisses and Where is Baby's Belly Button. Long inspired by folk art from around the world, she was inspired to write her first book, Over the Moon, when she and her husband adopted their daughter from Guatemala, and she wanted to tell the story of welcoming Lena ...more
More about Karen Katz...