Start by marking “Casual Curses & Meticulous Magic (A Gramarye Novel Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Casual Curses & Meticulous Magic (A Gramarye Novel Book 1)

Casual Curses & Meticulous Magic (A Gramarye Novel Book 1)

What happens when a dysfunctional witch and a tough PI work together to save an aging apartment house filled with ghosts, dragons and one oversexed house plant?

Spirits, spells and mayhem…Magic rises in the Gramarye

Melian Devlin is a witch who often resorts to exotic and slightly illegal methods of acquiring money to maintain the 300-year-old Gramarye, the stone apartme
Published September 17th 2014 by Highland Press Publishing (first published September 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Casual Curses & Meticulous Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Casual Curses & Meticulous Magic

Melliane
Nov 30, 2014 Melliane rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I already had the opportunity to read another book written by Lee Roland, a novel that I enjoyed by the way, so when I discovered this new release I was immediately intrigued. And I must say that the synopsis was interesting as well. Ghosts, witches, dragons? Oh yes, I had to read it! Besides, it’s not all because we also have succubi, semi-conscious plants, demons, voodoo and many other things. You’re Intrigued, right?

Melian is a young witch who comes out ha
Maghon Thomas
So, I love this author from her other series, the Earth Witches. I LOVED this series, so when I saw that she was coming out with a new series, I literally jumped at the chance on the tour. This author has a way of giving us kick ass heroines that may be flawed, but are wonderful because they won't give up no matter what. Plus, they are usually so very interesting. And I am so glad that I was not disappointed and this book met my expectations! It's a great new series, and this just reinstates ...more
Kimber Wheaton
Dec 13, 2014 Kimber Wheaton rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

4.5 Stars

Sometimes I'm just in the mood for a fun, lighthearted read. Casual Curses & Meticulous Magic fit the bill perfectly. This is one of those books that will make you smile, laugh, and just make your day a touch lighter.

Mel was wild, unpredictable, and completely devoted to the Gramarye and its tenants. Money was hard to come by thanks to her uncle, forcing her to resort to some shady dealings to get by. She made me l
Marinda
Dec 08, 2014 Marinda rated it really liked it
Mel is a witch who gets arrested for being a "fake psychic". She gets bailed out by her uncle who has a "condition" for getting her out. The arresting officer move into her building spying on her just so he can catch her doing something wrong so he can throw the book at her. She's also in charge of the Gramarye, the building she lives in, that keeps the witches in power. Throw in a over sexed house plant, a dragon living upstairs and a no- nonsense P.I. and it can get pretty crazy. It sort of ...more
Strega
Jan 12, 2015 Strega rated it liked it
This would have been 4 stars, but the editing sux rocks big-time.

Story-wise, this is great. Lee Roland sets up her world, characters, mythology, and places with precision. The characters stay true to their personal characteristics. The storyline kept me turning pages all the way thru. Most of the issues were resolved and while there's plenty left for a sequel, it didn't leave any cliff-hanger at all. THIS PART IS DONE.

I really, REALLY love Lee Roland's books, but seriously,,,,,,GET A BETTER EDI
Angela
Apr 18, 2015 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I loved the characters and the world building but some of the chapter endings/scene transitions were very harsh. At one point, I was wondering if I was missing some of the story! This is a wonderful start to a new series which is more lighthearted when compared to her Earth Witches stories. Well worth the read.
lawanda smith
lawanda smith rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2015
Is
Is rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2016
ALEXANDER WASILIEW
ALEXANDER WASILIEW rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
Brenda Demko
Brenda Demko rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2015
Jess
Jess rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2015
William Howe
William Howe rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2015
Staci
Staci rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Shelly
Shelly rated it really liked it
May 09, 2015
Rachel Montalvo
Rachel Montalvo rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2015
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
AggieBookLover
AggieBookLover marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Wilbur Day
Wilbur Day marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Delitealex
Delitealex marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Shadowalker
Shadowalker marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Raajalekshmy
Raajalekshmy marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Miki
Miki added it
Mar 02, 2015
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Valeria de Alquimia
Valeria de Alquimia marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Josephine
Josephine marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Amy Ingalls
Amy Ingalls marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Laura Reading
Laura Reading marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Hayley Elliott
Hayley Elliott marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Jennifer Reed
Jennifer Reed marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Christine E. Sokoloff
Christine E. Sokoloff marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2016
Lee Roland writes dark, contemporary fantasies where strong, defiant women and men battle evil. Her characters are passionate in love, savage in hatred, and defy conventional mores as they pursue justice.
More about Lee Roland...