Start by marking “Between Life and Death” as Want to Read:
Between Life and Death

Between Life and Death

It is the summer of 1977, on the cusp of a technological revolution that will soon cause the world to shrink. Seventeen year old James Earl Williams arrived in Natchez, Mississippi, looking forward to a new beginning far from the world of his New Jersey childhood. After years of life in gang riddled neighborhoods and fast paced crime, life has come to a virtual standstill. ...more
Paperback, Second Edition, 522 pages
Published October 6th 2014 by David\Pyle (first published March 16th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Between Life and Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between Life and Death

Sharon
Oct 07, 2013 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I reviewed David Pyle's debut novel, BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH, a while back but never posted my thoughts, though the book was excellent -- other than some editing issues. Now I'm enthusiastically reading Pyle's second novel, MINUTES. That review will follow shortly.

First, let me introduce you to BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH . . .

David Pyle's southern roots and love of Mississippi shine in this debut novel (Publish America, 2009, ISBN 1-60836-244-2). As a rule, horror novels are not for the faint of hear
Randal Licato
Nov 14, 2014 Randal Licato rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
First off, the cover is awesome! I read the first quarter of this book on airplanes and got some odd looks from people when they peered over to see what I was reading. I had no idea what I was getting into. Between Life and Death: I would describe it as a YA horror/fantasy, with the main character being a young adult. and lots of creepy supernatural powers, so to speak ...The creepy sections of the story kept me up half the night thinking about it.
so be warned!

It's been awhile since I've read th
Maurice
Jul 29, 2009 Maurice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Picked this one up from a friend that recommended it. It was surprisingly good and had great characters. Creepy storyline and very unique as a thriller novel.
The historical references were pretty interesting as well.
Highly recommend.
David Pyle
Jan 27, 2015 David Pyle rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Springhouston
Springhouston rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2012
David Pyle
Jan 27, 2015 David Pyle rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jee
Jee marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2010
Kala Bernier
Kala Bernier marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2012
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2013
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Jose
Jose marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016