Start by marking “Superman: Camelot Falls, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Superman: Camelot Falls, Vol. 1

Superman: Camelot Falls, Vol. 1 (Camelot Falls #1)

3.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  228 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Set in the "real world," Superman: Secret Identity examines the life of a young Kansas man with the unfortunate name of Clark Kent. All Clark wants to be is a writer, but his daily life is filled with the taunts and jibes of his peers, comparing him to that other Clark Kent -- the one with super-powers. "Hey Clark, where's your X-ray vision? How come you can't fly?" Until ...more
Published July 1st 2008 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Superman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superman

Patrick
May 01, 2014 Patrick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I wouldn't call myself a Superman *fan* exactly. If we're talking straight-up Superhero stuff, I'm much more of a Batman sort of guy.

That said, everyone enjoys a good Superman story now and again. Most of the time I prefer stories about exceptional people doing their best in complicated situations, struggling against forces that threaten to overwhelm them. (Which is why I like to read about Batman, or Harry Dresden for that matter.) But sometimes it's nice to read a story where the hero is the
John Yelverton
Very confusing Superman story that really doesn't make any sense.
Emmanuel Nevers
May 30, 2016 Emmanuel Nevers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Superman story!! Requires a bit of DC comics knowledge to fully enjoy but if you're really just reading it for Sups and you don't care about details you should be fine.
Aggelos
May 23, 2014 Aggelos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually read this story in single issues. I didn't enjoy it a lot at first but after I re-read, I saw the vision and talent Busiek put onto the story.
The characterazation is great, the story engaging and the art is breath-taking. Highly recommended.
Marc's Comics
Busiek does an admirable job of mixing 70's-style fun with modern storytelling, but this first part is fairly inconsistent. Superman heads to Kazakhstan to battle a monster named Subjekt-17, who is a not very interesting Doomsday-lite (He was experimented on! He keeps getting stronger! He speaks in fragments!). It almost seems like Busiek got bored with him as well, because he is rapidly dismissed to make way for the second part of the story (my apologies if Subjekt-17 shows up in Vol. 2) which ...more
Paul
I'm guessing I'd have to have read the prequel to this to actually be able to fully "get it"... also the ending suggests a sequel that I would probably need to read as well to tie up all the loose ends.
I'm also guessing that if I did read either I'd then probably have to read the prequel to the prequel and the sequel to the sequel, and so on, and so on.
Such is the life of an on-going comic series, I get it, it's part of an on-going story printed as single comics and collected into this trade har
Simon
Aug 23, 2014 Simon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I quite liked the brief journey into the post-apocalyptic world. But the rest of it was meh.
Greg
Jan 06, 2016 Greg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
See my comments for Vol. 2.
Mark
Dec 13, 2008 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The contrast between this book and "For Tomorrow" is so striking... Brian A (100 Bullets) is trying to write "dark" graphic fiction & Kurt Busiek is trying to write stories about heroes. No question which one I like better - Kurt B. all the way!

It'd be cool if Kurt B. started working on the TV show "Heroes", btw.
Iris Greth
Jan 20, 2016 Iris Greth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
This comic book took me a while to read because of school, but it is a very quick read. The story is fresh, exciting, and not something I would expect. I can't wait to read the second half of the story. This was definitely a good read for my first Superman story.
Michael
Jan 11, 2013 Michael rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book starts out good and I love how Lois lane is written, but from the moment subject 17 shows up( which I find to be a lame doomsday knockoff) it goes downhill and all over the place. It then leaves a non conclusion for another time.
Shannon Appelcline
Jul 10, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, comics-dc
A nice standalone, 'On Our Special Day' [7]; an OK punch-ed-up in Russia [6]; and an exciting intro to Camelot Falls [8]."
Javeria
Mar 20, 2015 Javeria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-books, superfam
I actually liked it cant wait for the second one bu the ending is really sad though i hope it changes
Jose Luis
Feb 23, 2013 Jose Luis marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
KVJGJK
Nicant
Nicant marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Jennifer Lahowetz
Jennifer Lahowetz rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2016
Terrence Nell
Terrence Nell rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Marcus
Marcus added it
Jun 04, 2016
Bee
Bee rated it liked it
May 31, 2016
Daohe Liu
Daohe Liu rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Wyatt
Wyatt rated it really liked it
May 11, 2016
Mike Hibbert
Mike Hibbert marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Chayce
Chayce rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Macacoteste
Macacoteste marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Celia
Celia rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2016
Ricardo Leon
Ricardo Leon rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
  • Secret Six, Vol. 4: Cats in the Cradle
  • Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 4: Sins of the Star Sapphire
  • Batman: Arkham Reborn
  • JSA, Vol. 2: Darkness Falls
Kurt Busiek is an American comic book writer notable for his work on the Marvels limited series, his own title Astro City, and his four-year run on Avengers.

Busiek did not read comics as a youngster, as his parents disapproved of them. He began to read them regularly around the age of 14, when he picked up a copy of Daredevil #120. This was the first part of a continuity-heavy four-part story arc;
More about Kurt Busiek...

Camelot Falls (2 books)