Start by marking “Superman: Camelot Falls, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Superman: Camelot Falls, Vol. 1

Superman: Camelot Falls, Vol. 1 (Camelot Falls #1)

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  197 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Set in the "real world," Superman: Secret Identity examines the life of a young Kansas man with the unfortunate name of Clark Kent. All Clark wants to be is a writer, but his daily life is filled with the taunts and jibes of his peers, comparing him to that other Clark Kent -- the one with super-powers. "Hey Clark, where's your X-ray vision? How come you can't fly?" Until ...more
Published July 1st 2008 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Superman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superman

Patrick

I wouldn't call myself a Superman *fan* exactly. If we're talking straight-up Superhero stuff, I'm much more of a Batman sort of guy.

That said, everyone enjoys a good Superman story now and again. Most of the time I prefer stories about exceptional people doing their best in complicated situations, struggling against forces that threaten to overwhelm them. (Which is why I like to read about Batman, or Harry Dresden for that matter.) But sometimes it's nice to read a story where the hero is the
John Yelverton
Very confusing Superman story that really doesn't make any sense.
Aggelos
I actually read this story in single issues. I didn't enjoy it a lot at first but after I re-read, I saw the vision and talent Busiek put onto the story.
The characterazation is great, the story engaging and the art is breath-taking. Highly recommended.
Marc's Comics
Busiek does an admirable job of mixing 70's-style fun with modern storytelling, but this first part is fairly inconsistent. Superman heads to Kazakhstan to battle a monster named Subjekt-17, who is a not very interesting Doomsday-lite (He was experimented on! He keeps getting stronger! He speaks in fragments!). It almost seems like Busiek got bored with him as well, because he is rapidly dismissed to make way for the second part of the story (my apologies if Subjekt-17 shows up in Vol. 2) which ...more
Paul
I'm guessing I'd have to have read the prequel to this to actually be able to fully "get it"... also the ending suggests a sequel that I would probably need to read as well to tie up all the loose ends.
I'm also guessing that if I did read either I'd then probably have to read the prequel to the prequel and the sequel to the sequel, and so on, and so on.
Such is the life of an on-going comic series, I get it, it's part of an on-going story printed as single comics and collected into this trade har
Simon
I quite liked the brief journey into the post-apocalyptic world. But the rest of it was meh.
Mark
The contrast between this book and "For Tomorrow" is so striking... Brian A (100 Bullets) is trying to write "dark" graphic fiction & Kurt Busiek is trying to write stories about heroes. No question which one I like better - Kurt B. all the way!

It'd be cool if Kurt B. started working on the TV show "Heroes", btw.
Michael
This book starts out good and I love how Lois lane is written, but from the moment subject 17 shows up( which I find to be a lame doomsday knockoff) it goes downhill and all over the place. It then leaves a non conclusion for another time.
Shannon Appelcline
A nice standalone, 'On Our Special Day' [7]; an OK punch-ed-up in Russia [6]; and an exciting intro to Camelot Falls [8]."
Darcy
I actually liked it cant wait for the second one bu the ending is really sad though i hope it changes
Jose Luis
Feb 23, 2013 Jose Luis marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
KVJGJK
Alex Reynolds
Alex Reynolds marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Jesse A
Jesse A marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Leander
Leander marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Reva Baumann
Reva Baumann marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
John Muñoz
John Muñoz marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
  • The Final Night
  • Green Arrow/Black Canary: Road to the Altar
  • Secret Six, Vol. 6: The Darkest House
  • Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 5: Emerald Eclipse
Kurt Busiek is an American comic book writer notable for his work on the Marvels limited series, his own title Astro City, and his four-year run on Avengers.

Busiek did not read comics as a youngster, as his parents disapproved of them. He began to read them regularly around the age of 14, when he picked up a copy of Daredevil #120. This was the first part of a continuity-heavy four-part story arc;
More about Kurt Busiek...

Camelot Falls (2 books)
  • Superman: Camelot Falls, Vol. 2: The Weight of the World
Marvels Astro City, Vol. 1: Life in the Big City Superman: Secret Identity Astro City, Vol. 2: Confession JLA/Avengers