Start by marking “Impossible (Piercing the Veil, #3)” as Want to Read:
Impossible (Piercing the Veil, #3)

Read Book

Impossible (Piercing the Veil #3)

The Shadow Lord has the Philosopher’s Stone, and therefore an army of invincible penumbra. He also possesses the fragments of Excalibur, the legendary sword prophesied to be the instrument of either his own destruction, or that of the Child of the Prophecy. The sword, he knows, requires blood to be reforged… and he knows exactly whose blood he wants.

Meanwhile, the Watcher
Published October 15th 2014 by Wanderlust

To ask other readers questions about Impossible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Impossible

Joseph
Oct 18, 2014 Joseph rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Impossible by C.A, Gray is the third and final installment in the Piercing the Veil series. Gray has a degree is a Naturopathic Medical Doctor who, in her spare time, teaches college level chemistry, sings, takes part in theater, and writes. The Piercing the Veil series is listed as Young Adult, but it is a great series regardless of the reader’s age.

<<< SPOILERS This is the third novel in the series, and try as I might to keep plot elements from the first two novels out of this review
Kushnuma
May 27, 2015 Kushnuma rated it it was amazing
This is the final installment in the Piercing the Veil trilogy.

We still aren't sure if Peter or Lily is the Child of the Prophecy. Isdemus tries to protect them both but they still wanted to help and find the fragments of the Excalibur. Later, Peter and Lily thought the Ancient Tongue stopped working for the both of them, but then how would they defeat the Shadow Lord.

I read this book on Goodreads. I absolutely enjoyed this one! It reminded me of Harry Potter so much at times. Although there we
Nucking Futs the Fire Fairy Book-a-holic
What a fantastic way to end a trilogy! This is exactly how I felt when I read the 7th book of Harry Potter. And if you're a fan of J.K. Rowling's series, then you should definitely try this one, too! Who says physics can't be mixed with high fantasy? C.A. Gray is one hell of a writer to pull it off!

Impossible is the third and final book of the Piercing the Veil Trilogy. In this book, Peter Stewart, along with the rest of the Watchers and Nimbi, faces the Shadow Lord for the final battle that spa
Dianne
The final battle is drawing near and doubts are creeping into the hearts and minds of Peter, Lily and their allies as their powers are beginning to flicker like a light bulb on its last filament. Will they lose their powers just when they needed them most? Things seem to be falling apart at the worst time, the Shadow Lord has control over legions of powerful Penumbra with the Philosopher’s Stone in his possession. He also has control of Peter’s twin brother’s body, so to kill The Shadow Lord is ...more
Michelle
Jul 05, 2016 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Best book in the series!

The story moves along at such at great pace. However, at about the halfway mark is when it became a page turner for me. It was so fast paced and so exciting, I just couldn't put it down. I found myself rushing through only to have to go back to reread a paragraph slower because I was rushing so much I was afraid I would miss something.

This was a fabulous conclusion to a great trilogy. Fantastic plot, awesome characters and surprise twists from Eustace and Isdemus - overa
Caitlin Bauer
Blog Tour Review on Royal Social Media: http://www.royalsocialmedia.com/book-...

HOLY WOW! This is the first time I’ve been thanked in the acknowledgments of a book. SO. Flipping. COOL!!!! Here’s my happy dance:

I should probably preface this by telling you a bit of my background with the author. I discovered her via NetGalley back in June. I was a bit skeptical because she had put the book up for auto-approval and unfortunately more often than not, the books in that category tend to be lacking. B
Lindsay Hiller
Oct 14, 2014 Lindsay Hiller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adventurous story with an entertaining mix of history and magic!

I thoroughly loved this series from the first page of the first book! Peter’s reliance on physics was entertaining and believable, and Lily’s search for a place she fit in was endearing. The story was well written and well developed and I never found myself feeling either bored or rushed. This series was so captivating that I read it in three days.

Impossible is the third and final book in the “Piercing The Veil” series, and it concl
Jordan
Oct 13, 2014 Jordan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Impossible is a breathtaking, stunning conclusion to the Piercing the Veil trilogy. Soaked in suspense, violence, and epic battle scenes, the culmination is chaotic, gritty, and full of hope.

For more of this review check it out on YA Book Madness.
Tamara Beach
Jan 24, 2015 Tamara Beach rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this series! Book #3 was a fantastic wrap-up to the trilogy and I felt that everything was explained well and resolved, and all the story lines came together wonderfully. It kept you on the edge of your seat with anticipation and there were a few surprises thrown in. I'd definitely recommend the series!

Brandi Couch
Jan 24, 2015 Brandi Couch rated it really liked it
Good trilogy. Compelling story with good writing. Kept me interested--finished all three books in a week. I would recommend this series to those who like fantasy and adventure stories.
Kristen
Mar 10, 2015 Kristen rated it really liked it
I finished Impossible by C.A. Gray a few weekends ago. I had to wait and let things sink in before writing this review. You might think that that's a bad sign, but it definitely is not. I just had to sort out a few things in my head before I could put pen to paper. Impossible was a fitting conclusion to a wonderfully magical series that fits right in with the likes of Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling) and The Flamels (Michael Scott). And finding a way to bring the series to a close without screwing it ...more
Lindsey
Oct 23, 2014 Lindsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Impossible picks up where Invincible left off and quickly gets right back to the action. I started reading this as soon as I finished the second book, and it was a really smooth transition. This is one of those series that almost feels like one really long book - I wanted to read to the very end of the series without stopping. It's a definite page-turner, and I found myself on the edge of my seat several times.

One remarkable thing about C. A. Gray's writing style is that it is so easy to fall i
Stacie
Nov 16, 2014 Stacie rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Impossible Piercing the Veil Book 3 is an exhilarating quest in the search for the fragmented pieces of the mighty Excalibur.

As they try to come to terms with Sully's death, Lily and Peter learn that they will be leaving Carlion. The Watchers seek to protect them from the Shadow Lord, who now posses Kane's knowledge which could prove deadly for those suspected of being The Child of the Prophecy. Each will be sent to separate sister cities and their destinations will be kept secret for their own
Aurora Whittet
Jun 11, 2015 Aurora Whittet rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Piercing Veil series and I started reading Impossible with my pre-love of the first two novels Intangible and Invincible. So my expectations were set as I dived in to Impossible. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the stubborn love between Peter and Lily, it was so natural and flowed easily from the characters. I really enjoy C.A.’s ability to create the world of the Piercing Veil and the history she expertly weaves into the adventure. Frankly I’m a huge history nerd so ...more
ralph davis
Aug 13, 2016 ralph davis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating and compelling work of fantasy

I'll start by mentioning what I believe could have made a great fantasy even more so. 1. A brief primer on pronunciation 2. As the protagonists were youngsters and by nature, less prone to the adult problem with accepting what is clearly there before them. (Ala Eustace) a bit less adult style denial and waffling, would allow for more detail and plot development. Aside from that, a truly well written and entertaining story. I am a fan of anything Arthuria
Genny
Feb 12, 2015 Genny rated it really liked it
I really did enjoy this series, a nice twist on the Arthurian legends, adding a magic and science together! Though I will admit, I really grew to hate Lily. While she did push Peter to accept his destiny, to accept and embrace his role and his connection to the magic, she was annoying. She didn't listen to others, she was reckless, and she was really whiney. It took all I could to get through her parts...
Victoria Brinius
May 04, 2015 Victoria Brinius rated it it was amazing
Book 3, Impossible, is the final battle between good and evil. Excalibur, magic and so much more all combine together. There are innocents and the fate of everyone is unknown. This is by far my favorite of the three. The end was a great twist and I loved how the author used faith with the ancient tongue. The end also leaves room for another book in the future, The job of "a savior" is never done. I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.
Vykki
Nov 24, 2014 Vykki rated it really liked it
Shelves: exciting
This was a great fantasy. I really enjoy the characters I loved it because it was different then your normal camlot novels. It had a lot of interesting twist and turns I loved it. I won this book on Goodreads Thank you
Erin
Jul 22, 2015 Erin rated it really liked it
There are many aspects to this trilogy that are way too like Harry Potter, but I still rather enjoyed it. I will definitely pass this on to my youngsters to read and enjoy themselves!
Shannon Smith
Oct 26, 2014 Shannon Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I enjoyed the entire trilogy. It would be appropriate for young adults and older, May be a little bloody for the under 12 year old readers .
Beth Shearer
Beth Shearer rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2015
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2015
JoAnn
JoAnn rated it did not like it
Dec 09, 2015
Echo Scar
Echo Scar rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2015
Sarah Grover
Sarah Grover rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2015
Mark Eutizi
Mark Eutizi rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Patricia Crusemire
Patricia Crusemire rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Cara
Cara rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2015
Sally Lindberg
Sally Lindberg rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2015
Lisa Sturgill
Lisa Sturgill rated it it was ok
Mar 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Brotherhood of Olympus and the Deadliest Game (Book 1)
  • Ghost Heart (The PSS Chronicles, #3)
  • Demon Stones
  • The Prophecy (A Dragon's Tale, #1)
  • Concealed (Concealed, #1)
  • Connor
  • Crazy Ex-Ghoulfriend
  • We Are Savages
  • Fissure (Chronicles of the Interred, #2)
  • The Talented
  • The Descending Darkness
  • Hex
  • Cosmic Storm (Galahad, #5)
  • Strong Blood (Last Moon Rising, #2)
  • Angelic Blood (Blood, #5)
  • Twisted Reflections (Adventures of Alexis Davenport #2)
  • On the Edge
  • Atlantis Glacial Tides (Lost Daughters of Atlantis #5)
C.A. Gray is a Naturopathic Medical Doctor (NMD), with a primary care practice in Tucson, Arizona. She has always been captivated by the power of a good story, fictional or otherwise, which is probably why she loves holistic medicine: a patient’s physical health is invariably intertwined with his or her life story, and she believes that the one can only be understood in context with the other.

Her
More about C.A. Gray...

Piercing the Veil (4 books)
  • Intangible (Piercing the Veil, #1)
  • Invincible (Piercing the Veil, #2)
  • Piercing the Veil Trilogy (Piercing the Veil, #1-3)