Start by marking “Long, Tall Christmas (A Cowboy Christmas, #1)” as Want to Read:
Long, Tall Christmas (A Cowboy Christmas, #1)

Long, Tall Christmas (A Cowboy Christmas #1)

This Christmas, wrap yourself in love…

Facing foreclosure on her California home, widowed Kylie Wayne is grateful to accept her aging aunt Muriel’s offer to come back to small-town Branding Iron, Texas, and help out on the ranch. But when an early storm rolls in, Kylie’s dream of a perfect Christmas for her kids is blown away with the unexpected snow. Comfort and joy seem
Published September 29th 2015 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Long, Tall Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long, Tall Christmas

Diane
Aug 12, 2015 Diane rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Kylie Wayne and her two children leave the West Coast to return to the little town in Texas where she grew up after her husband is killed in combat. It’s only a few weeks until Christmas and her kids are missing their dad and their friends in California. But with her house in foreclosure, Kylie knew moving her family back to Branding Iron to take care of her elderly aunt was the only sensible choice.

The one person she doesn’t expect to run into is Shane Taggert, the long, tall Texan she had a cr
Danielle
Jul 29, 2015 Danielle rated it liked it
This was a sweet Christmas read and it just made me wish it was that time of the year.

Shane was the bad boy in high school and had a crush on Kylie but because she was so perfect he never told her. Now Kylie is back in Texas. She is a widow with 2 children and she is trying trying to have the best Christmas for her kids. Although she has been down on her luck this might be the best Christmas of all.

This was a cute and predictable story. Kylie is only back for a few days before she runs over Sh
Bette Hansen
Sep 14, 2015 Bette Hansen rated it really liked it
A very sweet holiday read proving that love can change the direction of anyone's life. It's wonderfully written with great characters and I enjoyed every page.

Kylie Wayne has had one hell of a year. She's back in Branding Iron, TX after losing her husband and their home. She has two not so happy children and Christmas is right around the corner. Trying to make it a great Christmas for them is proving to be more than difficult. When an unexpected early snowstorm rolls through town it seems that a
Lynn Grier
Oct 05, 2015 Lynn Grier rated it it was amazing
Long, Tall Christmas is a sweet and delightful Christmas read. It has been a while that I read one of Janet Dailey books and when I won this on Goodreads, I was delighted. I absolutely adored this book. Fast read and a good book to read anytime especially around the holidays. You will love this story.

I won this book on a Goodreads giveaway.
Tonya Lucas
Dec 13, 2015 Tonya Lucas rated it it was amazing
What a perfect Christmas story. This one could be a Hallmark Channel Movie. I loved it and the great lessons taught in the book. Janet Dailey's books are very special and she knew how to write outstanding books. This one is a MUST!!!
Cheryl
Jan 03, 2016 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
A brilliant novel, the most moving and thought provoking book I have read this year. Long, tall Christmas is destined to be a literary classic that will be valued for years to come. The depth of the novel's characters are matched only by the exquisitely unique and creative plot. A must read!
Jaymy M.
Sep 19, 2015 Jaymy M. rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
It’s been a while since I’ve read a Janet Dailey book, but as a teen and young adult I devoured her work. I still have more than a shelf full of her books!
Dailey’s “Long, Tall Christmas” is a story of people learning to appreciate and accept the family and blessing they have, and not what doesn’t work out despite their best efforts.
Shane, or Cowboy as his elderly neighbor Muriel calls him, was the town “bad boy” growing up, sullen, not sure how to express his grief at his mother’s death but wi
Lindsey Ruppe
Nov 01, 2016 Lindsey Ruppe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful!! Second chance love, Cowboys and Christmas! Loved it!
Liberty Ann Ireland
Review:

Nothing like having everything that could possibly go wrong occur to try and put you in the Grinchy spirit but now single mom Kylie is committed to making this be a 'great Christmas' for her overwhelmed teen/tween kids. Her husband died the year before while serving in the Army and in the end they moved to rural Texas to live with her only living relative, Aunt Muriel. Arriving only days before Christmas, Kylie was trying to hold it all together even though it seemed even Mother Nature ha
Marsha Spohn
Dec 30, 2015 Marsha Spohn rated it really liked it
First reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Can a former Miss Perfect and the town bad boy find a happy ever after this Christmas?

Kylie has returned home to Texas and her Aunt Muriel’s ranch. Widowed with two daughters who did not want to leave California, Kylie is between a rock and a hard place. But this year she is determined to put together a great Christmas for her kids. That is if she can find a tree of any kind, manage to cook something in her aunt’s ancient oven that doesn’t burn to a crisp. Out
Misty (Red's Romance Review's)
Aug 12, 2015 Misty (Red's Romance Review's) rated it really liked it
After losing her home Kylie Wayne and her children pack up their belongings and head for Texas to move in with her aunt Muriel. Kylie is hoping this move will be the fresh start her little family needs, after losing her husband almost a year ago. The little town of Branding Iron Texas hasn't really changed much in the time she has been gone, well, with the exception of Shane Taggart. Shane was always Kylie's secret crush growing up, but he was a little too wild and daring for her meek and mild ...more
Bernette Beals
Sep 13, 2016 Bernette Beals rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Long, Tall Christmas review

Long, Tall Christmas is a cute romance in the Cowboy Christmas series written by author Janet Dailey. Sweet story with great characters.
Ann Green
Jul 12, 2015 Ann Green rated it it was amazing
Although I enjoyed this book in muggy July from the "new releases" rack at the public library, I have to say that reading Janet Dailey's "Long, Tall Christmas" delivered an early Christmas present. If you are a sucker for a sweet Christmas read like I am, this book is one to add to your list for yourself or for a gift. No noticeable bad language or racy scenes mar this story filled with characters you will enjoy and not one, but two romances. Widowed Kylie Wayne, reconnects with an old classmate ...more
Pauline Frost
Sep 03, 2015 Pauline Frost rated it it was amazing
I was provided with an ARC copy of the book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Kylie Wayne, widow with 2 kids has lost her husband to the war and then her home and has to move in with her great-aunt Muriel to get back on her feet. She is only trying to make this second Christmas special for her kids who are having trouble coping with their father never coming home again.
Muriel owns a farm in Texas she runs with the help of Henry Samuels and since they both are getting along in
Cheryl
Sep 29, 2015 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming Christmas tale

This Christmas story has all that is needed to make it a perfect holiday read - a beautiful mom, a handsome cowboy, two snarky adolescents, horses, puppies, two young-at-heart oldsters, romance, and the search for the perfect Christmas.

Kylie ends up moving back to Branding Iron, Texas with her two kids from California after her husband is killed in Afghanistan. Her maiden great aunt Muriel invites the family to live with her. Next door is Shane, who was the bad boy in
Cathy Geha
Sep 01, 2015 Cathy Geha rated it liked it
I used to wait for the latest book from Janet Dailey when I first moved to Lebanon in 1978…it has been a long time since I have read one of her books. It was as cozy as coming home to have this story to read. I have to say that my taste in books has changed over the years so though this is a well written and fun Christmas story it is predictable with a Midwestern flavor and not as much fun to read as her stories once were to me. I believe that someone who wants a clean Christmas story to read ...more
Debbie
Sep 13, 2015 Debbie rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Great characters, beautiful snow covered scenery. Kylie and Shane grew up in the same town. She was the girl voted the most likely to succeed. He was the bad boy when young but now he is all grown up. They reconnect in an unlikely way. She backs into his vintage motorcycle in the grocery store parking lot. Not off to the best of reunions. Circumstances keep throwing them together where they cannot keep a growing attraction under wraps. A sweet, Christmas read.
Lyn
Sep 11, 2015 Lyn rated it it was amazing
Joyous! This is a wonderful double love story with heartwarming characters. Well written and the dialogue is fantastic. Fast paced with some tension. Sweet and perfect as a holiday gift or buy it for you to sneak away from the hustle and bustle for a few hours of Christmas cheer. Absolutely perfect in every way! Enjoy! NetGalley and Kensington Books provided an advanced review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!
Debbie
Aug 20, 2015 Debbie rated it it was amazing
I received this copy of Long Tall Christmas by Janet Dailey from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Take a widow with two teenagers who moved in whit her aging aunt and her handyman. Add a motorcycle riding cowboy who has finally gotten the chance to live his dream of riding his motorcycle cross country. Add a splash of a Christmas snow storm and you have a great recipe for a Christmas time romance.
Rhonda
Aug 13, 2015 Rhonda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I really liked following the journey of sorrow and loss by the family to moving on and finding joy again. I liked the story because it showed lifelong friends who realize that the kids they were are not necessarily the adults they have become. There were many different emotions and experiences in this book.
Barbi
Jul 25, 2016 Barbi rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful Christmas romance!
I loved the story of Kylie, the widowed mother of 2 trying to make Christmas perfect for her kids. Add in a former high school crush, Shane, and ta-da, romance!
This was a sweet, heartwarming story full of hope, love, and renewed belief in the spirit of Christmas.
Emily Higgins
May 22, 2016 Emily Higgins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Kaylie Wayne moves back to Texas with her two children after her husband is killed in Afghanistan and she loses her home to foreclosure. Her aging aunt Muriel offers a home for Kylie and her children. Once there, Kylie becomes reacquainted with a man she had a crush on in high school. It turns out that the sparks are still there. Oh, yes, it is Christmas also.
Dee Schwinn
Sep 30, 2015 Dee Schwinn rated it really liked it
Well, I read this book in one day...so it is a fast read. There were good characters and situations for them to endure. Kylie, her children Hunter and Amy, Shane, Muriel and Henry are believable characters who have had some challenges. And the setting of Christmas was good. There was man versus man, man versus self, man versus nature, man versus society...all those good conflicts.
Rhonda
Aug 13, 2015 Rhonda rated it it was amazing
Kai
Aug 08, 2015 Kai rated it liked it
This was not an enjoyable read. Selfish children, snarky mother and a father to be that would have to sacrifice everything he wanted to make the whiners happy. I would have given it two stars, but upped it to 2.5 stars in the Christmas spirit and rounded up from there because the book was well written. Meh.
Marcie
Sep 28, 2015 Marcie rated it did not like it
I just read that Janet Dailey, author of a kabillion romance novels since 1976, died in 2013 at the age of 69. So who is writing these books published solely under her name two years later? That's rather mercenary, don't you think.
Angela
Jan 13, 2016 Angela rated it it was ok
It was an alright story. Didn't like most of the characters and especially thought the kids were brats, yes their dad died but it had already been a year+, and their attitudes while slightly acceptable at first should've been corrected ages ago.
Denise Jo
Jul 14, 2015 Denise Jo rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a quick easy predictable read, but so much fun. Light beach reading at it's best.. I enjoyed the interaction of the 3 individual families..... Typical romance you just get lost in....
Jan Mcleod
Nov 27, 2015 Jan Mcleod rated it liked it
I enjoyed this easy-read Christmas story, but it seemed a bit atypical that everything happened with in a few days. This also was not typical of Ms. Dailey's style.
Barbara Schultz
Dec 20, 2015 Barbara Schultz rated it liked it
Recommended to Barbara by: Giveaway plus haven't read a Janet Dailey in years.
Awww a great Christmas read. I haven't read a Janet Dailey in 20 years. Didn't realize she has 12 Christmas romance novels.
  • A Proposal for Christmas: State Secrets / The Five Days of Christmas
  • You're Still the One (Made in Montana, #4)
  • Heartstrings (Singing to the Heart book #1)
  • Unwrapped (Hunk for the Holidays, #3)
  • Predator's Serenade (Gemini Island Shifters, #2)
  • The Christmas Wedding Ring
  • Love Somebody Like You (Caribou Crossing, #5)
  • It's A Vampire Christmas (Vampire Lords, #1)
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas (Twilight, Texas, #6)
  • Do You Believe in Santa? (Evergreen Lane #1)
  • Lachlan's Bride (Highland Lairds Trilogy, #2)
  • A Cowboy Under the Mistletoe (Thunder Mountain Brotherhood, #4)
  • Christmas in Eternity Springs (Eternity Springs #12)
  • Open Adoption, Open Heart: An Adoptive Father's Inspiring Journey
  • Alchemy (Mercian Trilogy, #2)
  • A Cold Creek Christmas Story (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #14)
  • Christmas on Candy Cane Lane (Life in Icicle Falls, #8)
  • Together for Christmas (Kismet, Michigan, #3)
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme
More about Janet Dailey...

A Cowboy Christmas (2 books)
  • Christmas on My Mind (A Cowboy Christmas #2)