Start by marking “Moonbound (Moonfate #1)” as Want to Read:
Moonbound (Moonfate #1)

Moonbound (Moonfate #1)

When werebeasts emerged from extinction to attack her family, Artemis Williams ran. From the Federal Bureau of Supernatural Investigation, her nightmares, and most of all her future as the mate of a werewolf. But after seven years of false alarms, Artemis decides to return home.

Unfortunately, that’s when destiny catches up to her and invades her dreams in the form of a da
Published September 27th 2014 by Darkmance Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Moonbound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonbound

Grace Tejada
Sep 29, 2016 Grace Tejada rated it it was amazing
Something different

Good but needs more words tired of this short reads with nothing just few short words that leaves you hanging
Abby Amos
Apr 13, 2015 Abby Amos rated it it was amazing
Nice Read!

I really enjoyed this book. It was great read! You have Artemis, a human who is marked to be a mate, running from her true destiny and Orion who is just the opposite of what Artemis thought a wereshifter would be. She struggles with her feelings and her urges. I really can't wait to read book 2. I think other people will enjoy this book and I will recommend to others.
Anna
Oct 26, 2014 Anna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I'm intrigued by the idea of serials, so I decided to hold my nose and give another one a read. And I was pleasantly surprised! Unlike other serials I've read, Moonbound feels like a complete story (although, obviously, there are major plot points unresolved). There was plenty of good world-building around the unique shifter mate bonds to keep me interested, combined with an intriguing glimpse of the love interest. Book two is definitely on my list.
~Sharon~
Jul 19, 2016 ~Sharon~ rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-challenge
This was a good read for the start of a serial. Good premise. I actually want to see what happens next!
Gaelle
Sep 26, 2016 Gaelle rated it really liked it
A nice read, but very frustrating : this book is merely an introduction, nothing is resolved at the end of it, feels like juste a teaser for the rest of the series.
Carolyn Injoy
Moonbound by Sylvia Frost is about Artemis Williams. Her parent were killed by werebeasts while she hid. She's hidden for years and now is buying a gun. I gave it four stars.

She describes her friendship with Lawrence: "We may not tell each other everything, but the things we do share, we share completely. Our friendship is made of these brief moments, perfect islands of intimacy in vast oceans of secrets."

I look forward to reading the next book in this series, Huntbound.

A. Cook
Aug 12, 2015 A. Cook rated it really liked it
Shelves: sylvia-frost
What a refreshing read ... what a great read considering some of the other free reads that I've gotten from Amazon lately. This is not to say that I didn't come across some editing errors ... those little 'speed bumps' that make you do a double take or make you back up and go "Wait ... What?". But these instances do not impact the story or reading much. Otherwise, I would have given this entry a 4.5-4.8 rating.

Now, I love to be drawn into a story and one of the best ways to do that is very good
Marsha Spohn
Feb 21, 2015 Marsha Spohn rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Serials are a fun way to get a relatively short reading fix – always with a cliffhanger – and more to the story yet to come, usually installments a few months apart. Long enough to wait impatiently, short enough to keep the ongoing story interesting… and the reader wanting to know more about that world.

The Moonfate Serial starts with Moonbound. We meet Artemis, a young woman whose parents were brutally killed by were-beasts. On the run from the authorities and from her were-mate, who’s mark has
Louise Bowling
Sep 13, 2016 Louise Bowling rated it it was amazing
Surprising good read

This is a well written book with a great storyline and brilliant characters. Defo worth a read a unique world of were beasts x
K S
Dec 06, 2014 K S rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any PNR reader
Shelves: reviewed
This is a relatively new author, and her first book. It met all of my expectations for a totally engaging read! Serials are not my favorite type of read, even though they seem to be gaining favor in the eBook market. But, that said, this book will definitely keep myself and other readers coming back.

The synopsis will give you a background for the storyline … a strong BBW, shifter alpha mate, tragedy, danger, suspense, inner turmoil … oh and did I mention a VERY dominate (almost D/s) bond between
Pamela Talley
Dec 25, 2014 Pamela Talley rated it it was amazing
Moon Bound (Moonfate Serial Book 1) By Sylvia Frost. Reviewed by Pamela Talley

Artemis Williams' parents were brutally killed by werebeasts. Fearing her life she evades the police and the Federal Bureau of Supernatural Investigation who would lose her in the system not for murder, but for the Weremark on her wrist. For seven years Artemis is on the run with her new friend Lawrence, always on the lookout for her weremate. When the story begins, Artemis has returned to her childhood home, has a job
Grace Touch
May 10, 2015 Grace Touch rated it it was amazing
I genuinely enjoyed this short little story. It was not nearly long enough to be truly satisfying. I wish for this book to have been MUCH longer in order to capture every heart-bounding moment in its fullness.

I loved the fire and life displayed in Artemis. She was a strong-willed and loyal character, especially to her best friend Lawrence. Their relationship was very sweet and heartening. I enjoyed the easy camaraderie between them both.

And Lawrence!!! How do I love thee, let me count the ways
Wanda
Dec 07, 2014 Wanda rated it it was amazing
Welcome to a world of new and fabulous shifter species - and the promise of amazingly arousing mates...

I found this book for free - and we all know that we get what we pay for.

But I didn't pay for super-hot and sexy rolled up with suspense and a beautiful woman with the voice of a siren - nor did I pay for a well-built world of government-controlled (or not?) shifter species including a were-pufferfish? And people that are "V-positive" (which is vampire)... This world will knock you out with it'
Sheryl
Nov 13, 2015 Sheryl rated it it was amazing
I was given a complimentary copy for an honest review by author Sylvia Frost. This is part 1 of the Moonfate series by the author.

Artemis Williams lost her mom and dad in a were attach that left her all alone. Her parents death was investigated and seen as a bear attack but Artemis knew better. When her roommate and friend is kidnapped she calls the only person she thinks can help her but can she trust him.

I loved the strong character of Artemis and her interaction with Orion. The author wrote a
Mayra Carrillo Munoz
Feb 17, 2015 Mayra Carrillo Munoz rated it really liked it
Good book but author should proofread...

I really enjoyed it but there are grammatical errors that distracted me from the storyline. If you're a paranormal lover then you'll enjoy the novel. The one thing that was very frustrating for me that had me reeling was when the main character discussed listening to "Bye, Bye, Bye" by Backstreet Boys. As a 90's boy band fan who has seen the Backstreet Boys live multiple times, it hurt to see that the author didn't do further research. If you're going to r
Sue
Jan 14, 2015 Sue rated it it was amazing
wow just wow, I was hooked from the first page.
I feel we've only got a glimpse of Artemis and there's more to her parents murder than first appears. As for Orion, who can resist a hot Alpha ? Artemis is trying to until she needs help to save her best friend and has no choice but to turn to Orion.
I was so caught up in this story I didn't realise I'd reached the end till I turned the page and there was no more, I even flicked back a couple of pages and re-read hoping that the story would magically
Theresa
Mar 09, 2015 Theresa rated it it was amazing
Read it in one setting!

Not even sure how I came across this book but it looked interesting so thought I would give it a try. That was this morning. Now it's almost noon. I could not put it down! It's a shifter book (and I love shifter books) but the story has a different twist on shifters and mates which made it very interesting. It starts in a way that grabs your attention and after that you just keep needing to know what happens next. It's a series so there's a cliffhanger at the end and yea d
Lisa
Nov 10, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it. Short but sweet. I could so see myself being like Artemis, knowing that she is a weremate but not wanting it and so therefore running from it and thinking that she can avoid it that way. She quickly finds that is not the case at all and that what she thought to be the truth is not. I will not give out any more details as I do not like book spoilers, so if you really want to know more then you will have to get this great book. It is worth it, really it is. I really enjoyed ...more
Sue Davis
Nov 14, 2014 Sue Davis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite

A Great Way To Start A New Series.....A MUST READ...,

I have LOVED this story, it gives new ideals to shifter stories. Tag,and watch where they are by a Tracker anytime you want . New ways of communicating between mates, a new power for a mate before even meeting. But when Artemis realizes she really needs help she calls Orion (who she only met once, except in her dreams. She has run since her parents were killed 7 years ago,when she was just 15 and she saw it though hid inside a tent. I can't w
Angie Peoples
Dec 05, 2015 Angie Peoples rated it it was ok
This started out to be an interesting and unique twist on "were" paranormal; however, it just ended abruptly (cliff hanger) and was way to short (start to finish less than an hour). There is no real character depth or back story to fill in the gaps that don't make sense. I truly don't understand authors putting so called books out that are really just the first hundred pages or so just so you'll be forced to spend more money paying for a hundred pages at a time. Why not just publish the entire ...more
Razzy Ron -- Hoh! Hoh!
Jan 15, 2015 Razzy Ron -- Hoh! Hoh! rated it it was amazing
I have to admit that I found myself surprisingly enjoying this book. I stumbled upon this book unexpectedly but boy, what a gem I found.The plot is unique but keeps the traditional PNR theme which I love. My favorite part of the book is when Artemis goes on Tracker LITE to look up other weres. Without trying to give spoilers, I just have to say every time Artemis's mate comes out, he is hot!!! He brings the steam and he doesn't disappoint!! I love his alphaness (is that a word) and his respect ...more
RetiredHsMom
Not a bad beginning.

Overall, I enjoyed the first installment, which I initially borrowed on Kindle Unlimited. I found it bit slow going at first and almost returned it. As it's a serial I decided to at least finish it, then decide how I felt. I'm glad I did as it became a bit more interesting as things started to move faster. The world building is intriguing. I like the matemark aspect of it. I'm hoping the 2nd installment continues to increase the pace.
Nesbi
May 16, 2016 Nesbi rated it it was ok
Very new adult and barely a chapter long

I have to say it held promise, even though I rarely read new adult PRN's this had a good opening giving us background info and some world building, then it got into the dominance issues, and I began to question if I would continue reading, I dislike reading about were creatures that are jerks from the get go and more so with a very vulnerable female, add to that barely a chapter...
Hannah
Jan 11, 2015 Hannah rated it it was amazing
First book of the Moonfate series is not an average shifter book. I like the turn of events, and especially Artemis. She is spunky, gorgeous, and not willing to bow under pressure. I felt she had met her match with Orion, but will he be patient? I highly recommend this book and looking forward to the others. The author has a an interesting plot, new shifters, and a steamy romance!
Jennifer Erwin
Feb 18, 2015 Jennifer Erwin rated it liked it
Ok, this was well written and interesting...but...and I might catch flack for this, but I'm just over the whole serial novel/novella thing. I'm tired of reading a few chapters then having to pay $0.99-$2.99 for each additional installment. Let me know when all the volumes are out and in a box set. Then I'll get the rest of the story.
Donna Hokanson
Nov 13, 2014 Donna Hokanson rated it it was amazing
Very original storyline
New and intriguing on take on shifters and mating. Strong female lead who's life was destroyed by shifters who killed her parents and she has never found out why. Resisting becoming a mate but needs his help to save her friend. Well written and very entertaining as well as an intriguing story. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
Ginny Stokes-young
Nov 03, 2014 Ginny Stokes-young rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a cliffhanger! The book (first part of a serial) starts with Artimis, our heroine terrified of werebeasts because one or two killed her parents.... but she is a weremate! Can she overcome her fear and stop running from her mate? Some suspense and a great read! looking forward to the rest of the series!
Cara
Apr 09, 2015 Cara rated it liked it
An interesting concept. Artemis has had a difficult life and is running from her mate out of hatred and fear of what happened to her family.
Out of necessity, she has to ask Orion for help to find her friends that has been kidnapped. Can she resist the mate call? Sort of, lol.
Part one was free on Kindle.
Nmedlin43att.Net
Apr 09, 2016 Nmedlin43att.Net rated it really liked it

The story was about a young woman who has struggled with a past few people would survive intact. Yet she has continued on with her life, with the help of her friend, Lawrence. The arrival of a sexy werewolf is a complication and a blessing. Add a murder, more werewolves,, and you have a really good read.
Raina Collins
Mar 14, 2016 Raina Collins rated it it was amazing
Received ARC from author for an honest review.

This a good beginning for the story of Artemis and Orion. Artemis has a mate mark that says she is the mate for Orion. Orion is a wolf shifter. But she fights the bond she feels towards him and her past. A past where her parents were killed by shifters. How can she trust one to be his mate, but the pull is so hard.
  • The Viking Queen's Men (The Afótama Legacy #1)
  • Alpha Heat
  • The Blood of Angels (Divine Vampires, #1)
  • Mara's Homecoming (Beast Realm Chronicles, #1)
  • Desert Hunt (The Wolves of Twin Moon Ranch, #0.5)
  • Dragons Don't Cry (Fire Chronicles #1)
  • The Alpha's Mate (Bring Her Wolf, #2) (Huntsville Pack, #1)
  • Her Werewolf Bodyguard, Episode One
  • Riley's Redemption (A Moon's Glow # 3)
  • Bizarre Life of Sydney Sedrick  (Sydney Sedrick #1)
  • Bound by the Moon
  • The Alpha's Concubine - Part One (Historical Shifter Romance)
  • Paws, Claws and Aww's (Box Set)
  • The Princess' Dragon Lord
  • Catch Me (Demon Underground, #6)
  • Hidden (Alpha Wolf's Pet, #1)
  • Misha (Lanning's Leap, #1)
  • A Howling Good Time

Moonfate (4 books)
  • Huntbound (Moonfate #2)
  • Bloodbound (Moonfate #3)
  • Heartbound (A BBW Werewolf Shifter Romance) (Moonfate Serial Book 4)

“Was Lucifer a demon determined to ruin Eve and spawn a species of monsters? Or was he a fallen angel so in love with a human woman he destroyed paradise for a kiss? We will never know. And perhaps we shouldn’t ask why Lucifer tempted Eve at all, but another question: Why did she give in?” 1 likes