Zettai Kareshi 3

Zettai Kareshi 3 (Absolute Boyfriend #3)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  4,204 ratings  ·  57 reviews
Eines Tages stößt Riiko auf eine Website, auf der man sich den Freund seiner Träume "erstellen" kann. Ungläubig bastelt sie los und staunt nicht schlecht, als plötzlich ihr Traummann vor der Tür steht. Ihr Pech: Bei dem Jungen handelt es sich nur um eine Testversion für drei Tage. Die "richtige" Version kostet 100 Millionen Yen. Wie treibt sie die am besten auf?
Published June 2006 by Egmont (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Zettai Kareshi 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zettai Kareshi 3

Beck
I was really surprised at how strongly (and overtly?) sex has been playing into these last two volumes. Shouldn't be considering the whole premise is that she ordered a really expensive Nightly Lover figure, but...there we are.

I'm not sure how I feel about Yuu Watase's author notes on this series. They don't annoy me as much as whossit's video game blah-blah-blah, but they're not as endearing as some, either. Man, these manga creators seem crazy overworked! I'd like to know more about that aspec...more
Mariℓina
In this volume the rivalry between Night and Soshi touches a whole new level. After Riiko succeeds in rebooting Night, the need to get closer becomes almost mandatory... but Gaku has an idea, and of course like every other one he had is fun and naughty..hehe

Riiko finally realises that Night is the one and their adventures will take place in a tropical island, a crazily scary spa and a hotel!!!

THOUGHTS ABOUT THE BOOK

- Night!!!!I love that guy.
- Soshi is good but i still don't like him. Actually i...more
Michelle. D.
L.H.O.O.Q.
Review of Absolute Boyfriend volumes 1-4:

For some unknown reason I'm not a fan of Watase's manga.

This is a sad thing because it's hard to find a manga author so prolific as to write so many different series' to like, love, or something in between. I have read volumes of her Alice 19th,and Ceres and in each series there is something...missing. I can't define it really, but it feels like if the book had a head, legs, or arms it would be missing one of them.

Watase has written a lot, and I wish so m...more
Alice
This was a good third installment of the series, although I did feel like it was a little rushed. There were a few parts where I had to re-read to fully understand what was happening since the art didn't help, but overall it was a good read. I'm looking forward to receiving the fourth book.
Christine
I know this is only the third volume, but I feel bad for Soshi. The boy's getting shafted and needs to move on.
Nick

Overall Rating: A
Summary: A romantic comedy manga with a splash of science fiction created by Yuu Watase. Absolute Boyfriend is six volumes long and is the story of Riiko Izawa. Riiko is a high school girl with an addiction to buying things online, and has never had a boyfriend. In fact, she is rejected by every boy she asks out. The manga begins with Riiko asking out her current crush, and being immediately rejected.

After the rejection, she is wandering in the park, and finds a ringing cellpho

Emy
Fed up with rejection, heart-broken Riiko signs up for a free trial of the Nightly Lover 'figure'. The next day, a cute naked guy is delievered to her apartment. Riiko finally has a boyfriend - one who will cost her a million dollars if she fails to return him on time.

The love triangle between Riiko, Night and Soshi continues to get more serious and intense in this volume, though, on the whole, this volume is much less dramatic than the last. This volume is also a lot about Gaku trying to get Ni...more
Holly Letson
This volume focuses alot on getting Soushi out of the picture, so that Night can have sex with Riiko. But, he never truly accomplishes that task. Something always seems to be in the way.
When Namikiri gets them the company's island resort, Night invites Soushi along with them. I can actually respect why he did that, since they agreed to not go behind one another's back to get Riiko. Each wants to earn her love (and body!) honestly on his own.
Later, Night wins a raffle that gets him and Riiko i...more
Angela
Riiko goes to desperate measures to get Night back, even if that means that she skips school just to hang off of the balcony. Night then saves Riiko and they kiss, which wins Night back. Gaku comes up with an idea to kidnap Riiko and make both her and Night stay at paradise for three days so they could finally have sex, which is supposed to finalize their relationship. But because Soshi has feelings for Riiko too, Night figured it'd be a good idea to bring him around to he can show how much he t...more
Natalie
Lauren
When you want a boyfriend none are around, that is just how Riiko feels. On the path of desperation she signs up for a free trial for a robotic boyfriend. What can go wrong right? Nope, wrong! Riiko receives the extravagant Night, a hot and sexy man that only wants to please her.

Seriously this is one of the best manga I have ever read! It is filled with romance and comedy and enjoyable characters. I fell in love with every aspect of this series right from the beginning. There is an interesting l...more
Lex Marie
In this volume of Absolute Boyfriend, the romantic gush and immense sexual tension continues, though, in a matter that's just as A.D.D. as ever. Everything that happens is a series of completely random events, once again nodding to the fact that Watase made things up as she went along. After the second volume, I was excited to see how the plot developed, only to find that, at its core, there really isn't one. Now, it feels like a poorly executed attempt to pursue a great idea. Ironically, it's a...more
Redfox5
I'm on an Absolute Boyfriend roll today! In this book Night gets a little bit naked with another girl and we get our first full on boob shot for all you pervs out there :P Thankfully a call from one of the naked lady's other boyfriends stops them from going all the way and Riiko gets Night back! Yay! I know he is a robot but I really want Riiko to end up with Night and NOT Soshi, even if I am seeing him in a new light when he takes his glasses off *blush*. Then Riiko, Night and Soshi all end up...more
Anita
….ezek után sem kaptam kedvet a fürdőházakhoz, se az utcai sorsjegyekhez….
… X.X ….
5 csillag, mert sokat lehet rajta röhögni. Apuéktól konkrétan sokkot kaptam, aztán Night-tól is… :D
Monique
So funny but I do feel for night :) but the whole figure thing kind of gives me the creeps
Sami C
Poor Soushi... :(

I wish Riiko would stop giving mixed signals to these two boys.
Araceli Arias
it is funny how knight comes in. and how the try to get the money is is funny. and there love is so cute. even thought there is some one else that likes her
Destiny
Love the series. Cute characters!
Elaine
Who would have thought that a human being would start to fall in love with a figure boyfriend which is not human at all but looked like as one.

It was just odd that they're 10th grade students and yet theyre talking about sex already? hmmm... not really a good idea i think for minors to read this because some part in this volume the main characters were pushed to do this for some reasons.
Nicole Bunge
This series gets siller and sillier as time goes on. Very... jr. high romance, but *eh* I like the jokes, I genuinely don't know what's gonna happen next, and the art is consistant and clean. (And it's only 6 books long, so I can commit to that.)
(Plus I got them all used for $4 each, which makes for nice turn-around credit on paperbackswap ;) )
Megan Sanchez
The most solid volume so far with Riiko really starting to work out how she feels about Night and Soshi, a good bit with Riiko's parents and some amazing Gaku moments. I do enjoy this series, but I'm a little uncomfortable with the amount of pressure being put on Riiko to have sex. So glad she keep standing up for herself.
Katiana
Another woman had kissed Night, reintializing his system to accept her as his new girlfriend. Riiko hunts down the apartment where Night is staying with his new lady, frantic to find him before he is fully "imprinted" and she loses her chance with him forever.
Micheala
My favorite manga ever! I absolutely love Night.
Although I wish he had a bit more common sense... Especially in this last chapter of this manga. *Frustrated Sigh* Oh well, Love him anyways. Can't wait till I can get my hands on Volume 4! :)
Kendra
My first shojo manga I read from cover to cover. I loved it. In it, girl has to choose between two guys. (Don't you hate that?) Making her decision is painful, but makes for an amusing ride for the reader. Fun, cute, a quick escape.
Sara
WANNA READ WANNA READ WANNA READ!!!
What is going to happen to Night?????

(By the way, since I've not read it, my rating is a guess because the other two where so good.)

Afew days later...

FINISHED!!! good good. I liked it.
jenni  Ⓥ
This volume is my least favorite so far. It seems like more of the same from the previous volumes,except there is a change in location. A little tiresome, although still enjoyable. I'm still liking Soshi(I prefer him with glasses on :))
Caroline
Aug 04, 2008 Caroline rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Comedy fans, manga fans
This installment of the hit manga series is as hilarious as ever! Riiko and Night are so dumb it's funny, and Gaku and Soshi are their usual selves as well. Also, a special appearance by Riiko's parents!
Jocelyne
August 2013: 5 Stars
Gaaaaaah, all the feels! Soshi is so sweet, but I feel like this volume was meant to emphasize the relationship between Riiko and Night (which is fine by me! ^_^).
Gaku? You're cray cray.
Robin Conley
This manga makes me laugh, which is a good thing. It's awkward, and cute, and wrong but it's also interesting,so it's okay. Overall I like it and I know it's not perfect but it is a good story.
  • Hana-Kimi, Volu. 12 (Hana-Kimi, #12)
  • Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 03
  • Fruits Basket, Volume 12
  • Tail of the Moon, Volume 2
  • Black Bird, Vol. 5 (Black Bird, #5)
A Japanse shoujo manga-ka. She is known for her works Fushigi Yūgi, Alice 19th, Ceres: The Celestial Legend, Fushigi Yūgi Genbu Kaiden and Absolute Boyfriend. She likes all music, except heavy metal and old traditional music.

She received the Shogakukan Manga Award for shōjo for Ceres, Celestial Legend in 1997. Since writing her debut short story "Pajama de Ojama" ("An Intrusion in Pajamas"), Wata...more
More about Yuu Watase...
Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 01 Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 01: Priestess Alice 19th, Vol. 01: Lotis Master Ceres, Celestial Legend: Aya (Ceres, Celestial Legend #1) Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, Vol. 01