Start by marking “PLUTO: 浦沢 直樹 x 手塚 治虫 005 (Pluto, #5)” as Want to Read:
PLUTO: 浦沢 直樹 x 手塚 治虫 005 (Pluto, #5)

PLUTO: 浦沢 直樹 x 手塚 治虫 005 (Pluto #5)

4.41  ·  Rating Details ·  1,548 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Pada masa robot dan manusia hidup berdampingan, terjadi pembunuhan sadis terhadap manusia dan sejumlah robot berkemampuan tinggi.

Siapakah pembunuhnya, manusia atau robot?

Detektif Gesicht -robot Europol- berusaha menyelidiki kasus ini.
Published November 30th 2007 by 小学館

To ask other readers questions about PLUTO, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about PLUTO

Agne
Dec 18, 2015 Agne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: science fiction fans
Recommended to Agne by: Panels & Pages Book Group
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?

“Pluto: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 005” by Naoki Urasawa and Takashi Nagasaki is the fifth book in an eight-book science fiction manga series Pluto. The whole series is based on “The Greatest Robot on Earth,” the most popular story arc in Astro Boy series by a legendary manga master Osamu Tezuka.

In “Pluto: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 005,” a new assignment helps detective Gesicht to unlock a harrowing memory, the source of his unsettling nightmares, and to discover what he is truly c
Charles
Mikael Kuoppala
Nov 25, 2012 Mikael Kuoppala rated it really liked it
Just a tiny bit weaker than what's preceded it, the fifth volume of Pluto concentrates more on plot than on the characters and allegories that have fueled the series so far. Don't get me wrong, the plot is darn fascinating, but there were a few moments during this book that I felt like the story wasn't quite as beautifully balanced and orchestrated as has been the norm so far. Still, great stuff filled with plot twists and interesting developments, begging to lead us somewhere rad.
Danielle
Oct 22, 2010 Danielle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphicnovels, 2010
One of my favourite issues of the series thus far, Pluto really opens up in this volume, revealing histories only hinted at in previous volumes. Human and robot interactions take on a much more interesting turn.
Rich Barrett
Aug 05, 2010 Rich Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably my favorite volume of this book so far. For a book about robots this is a pretty emotional read.
Portia S
I love this series, the relationship between the humans and the robots are incredible. The fact that Urasawa tackles the hard robotic issues of responsive emotions within robots is incredible. Going back to Asimov's positronic brain, Urasawa really brings it further where robots can feel emotions and react to them to the point where they are able to override their Laws of Robotics.

We get backgrounds on Gesicht and Dr. Tenma...
UGH.

Why is everyone dying as I lay here crying for all of my robot br
Miguel
Nov 28, 2015 Miguel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I did not make it... it was born. He was the finest, purest thing... a robot beloved by God."

Often, when a complicated plot with a great deal of philosophical depth starts to expand, a worthwhile question is "can I expect a satisfactory conclusion?" With Pluto's fifth volume, all signs point to "yes."

Many of the important questions of Pluto thus far are answered in this volume. Additionally, important insight is granted into both Atom and Dr. Tenma. Furthermore, some of the most emotionally ha
নাজমুল হাসান
A garden of flower reborn as a destructive hurricane- that's what Pluto is. Or that's how the event unfolded so far tells us. What gave such a rebirth to Pluto? Was it the excessive polarizing emotions that Dr. Tenma talked about. Or was it the war? Also the sub plot with Adolf and Geshict was really emotional. Revenge and hatred has been the central plot for the story so far. Still it seems there are more mysteries to unfold as the imprisoned ruler attempts suicide after his confession. Who is ...more
Raúl
Jan 27, 2013 Raúl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grandes revelaciones, grandes giros en la historia, muchos sentimientos. Pasan muchas cosas en un solo tomo sin parecer excesivo en ningún momento y sin permitirte un respiro para apartar la vista de sus páginas. Tiene momentos tranquilos que preceden a la tempestad y de repente te suelta de golpe todo junto, zarandeando tu cabeza y haciendo que te pegues aún más a cada viñeta para saber lo que pasará a continuación.

Una frase a destacar:
"¿Puede desaparecer el rencor humano? ¿O es algo que nunca
Jeff Lanter
Mar 08, 2014 Jeff Lanter rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
One thing about Pluto that makes it stand out from other books I've read is that the author is unafraid to throw in a slower paced issue, because the book always follows up with something exciting and dramatic shortly after. I'm happy to say that I'm still enjoying this book quite a bit and I always look forward to reading it even with it being a very busy time in the semester where time is a precious commodity.
Earline
Apr 04, 2011 Earline rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Earline by: Lostinorient
Finally got a hold of volume 5 after having to order it through ILL because it mysteriously doesn't exist at any nearby libraries. The mystery is still going strong, pieces are coming together, yet more questions are emerging. I can't wait to find out what happens!

Also that teddy bear is f'ing creepy!
andrew
Mar 04, 2015 andrew rated it really liked it
This started to move forward, thank goodness, as I am now on the 'downhill' of the series. It tied up a loose end or two I did not care about even a little (and will probably, to my chagrin, turn out to be important) and introduced characters who seem important but were previously only hinted at.
A little cheesy with the whole "robots can FEEL" but at this point I'm good with that.
Charliesabers
Feb 27, 2013 Charliesabers rated it it was amazing
A great series. Read the whole book, in a couple of days. It is a reworking of the core concepts of Astro Boy, but with darker, grittier and more philosophical. It questions what it means to be human, and what it means for robots to be "perfect". The pacing is great, the characters likeable, and the art amazing. A great read.
Travis
Sep 07, 2012 Travis rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, sf-fantasy
The story gets a bit dense as all the story threads start to come together and it feels like you are spending too much time trying to keep track of the cast and who is up to what.

Still a great series, but this really has a 'middle of the trilogy' feel to it.
Hengtee
May 06, 2012 Hengtee rated it really liked it
The plot thickens, and the mystery surrounding Gesicht develops further.

But even then, this book in the series is worth reading for act 38 alone, which handles a little of the history of astro boy. Masterfully handled bit of story.
Marcus Gilfert
Aug 11, 2015 Marcus Gilfert rated it really liked it
After a brief side journey into I'm not sure what, we're back with the main storyline. And most importantly focusing on Gesicht. Epsilon plays a key role, and the author is beginning to bring together the themes of equality and anti-war sentiment.
Tyler
Dec 23, 2014 Tyler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
My god this series. Another one-sitter. It's just fantastic. Mystery, intrigue, suspense, action, feels! It had it all. Buy this series right now. Break into your local shop if you have to.
Lissibith
May 11, 2013 Lissibith rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, sci-fi, detective
More and more is coming to light but I still feel liker I'm not exactly sure where it's all heading. The characters continue to be so beautifully rendered, and they just keep breaking my heart.
miaaa
Aug 11, 2012 miaaa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to miaaa by: Amang Suramang
Prof Tenma bisa saja membangunkan kembali Atom, namun mungkin akan bangkit menjadi sesuatu yang mengerikan. Kelahiran sebuah monster. Lantas bagaimana?
Pedro Cabiya
Jul 20, 2016 Pedro Cabiya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
sweet pea
Aug 25, 2011 sweet pea rated it really liked it
i love this series. this volume gives depth to key plot points hinted at earlier. it interweaves multiple strands to push the plot forward. love.
Nicolas
Nicolas rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2015
Ethan
Ethan rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2012
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2014
Affan Abiyyu
Affan Abiyyu rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2016
Corwyn
Corwyn rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
Laney
Laney rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2011
Gabriel Castro
Gabriel Castro rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2014
Carmelo Amado
Carmelo Amado rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2013
Keiko
Keiko rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2016
  • Black Jack, Vol. 2
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 2 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #2)
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Vol. 2 (Ōoku: The Inner Chambers / 大奥, #2)
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 2 (Children of the Sea, #2)
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Vagabond, Vol. 5
Urasawa Naoki ( 浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival ex
More about Naoki Urasawa...

Pluto (8 books)
  • PLUTO: Naoki Urasawa x Ozamu Tezuka, Band 001 (Pluto, #1)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 002 (Pluto, #2)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 003 (Pluto, #3)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 004 (Pluto, #4)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 006 (Pluto, #6)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 007 (Pluto, #7)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 008 (Pluto, #8)