Start by marking “9 Strategies to BUILD and GROW Your Author Platform: A Step-by-Step Book Marketing Plan to Get More Exposure and Sales” as Want to Read:

Are you looking for ways to build and grow your author platform without being pushy, begging, or coming off as desperate? If so, this book is for you.

BUILD and GROW is a 9-step formula for marketing your books. This is the same system I have used to sell over 103,000 books since 2008 and grow my author platform to thousands of email subscribers and followers.

Within this
Published October 9th 2014 by Body and Soul Publishing

Be the first to ask a question about 9 Strategies to BUILD and GROW Your Author Platform

Elise Abram
Oct 19, 2014 Elise Abram rated it it was amazing
9 Strategies to BUILD and GROW Your Author Platform by Shelley Hiltz uses the acronyms BUILD and GROW to organize her strategies for new and indie authors. Like Hiltz's other How-to books for authors, 9 Strategies is written in conversational tone, providing a personable platform for her sage advice.

The book begins defining the term "author platform" and continues with a discussion on the main elements of what constitutes an author platform, and how to build it to get the message out there regar
Kate Taylor
Oct 12, 2014 Kate Taylor rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All authors
Recommended to Kate by: Shelley Hitz
At first glance, I was curious as to why a book that is a step by step book marketing plan would have what appeared to be an empty and vacant stage as the illustration on the cover. Well, it was a stage. As authors, we need to take center stage within our author platform.

Growing and building our author platform needs balance. A book cannot be written in one day. An author platform cannot be built in one day. Finding a balance between writing and marketing is so important.

Most often, I find myse
Ada Brownell
Oct 19, 2014 Ada Brownell rated it it was amazing
In her sweet way, Shelley Hitz blasted away the marketing guilt I carried for years. Somehow I believed people viewed marketing as flaunting pride in myself.
That kind of thinking stemmed from a comment after my first book was published: “It must have taken a big ego to write that!”
So, I quit planning to tell everybody about it. Nevertheless, it sold 7,000 copies before it went out of print. That was almost totally because of name recognition because of my prolific writing for Christian publicati
Syida
Jul 17, 2016 Syida rated it really liked it
Was Good

This book was good, hence my reason for giving it four stars. As a person who has read several author marketing books I've been pretty much been exposed to most of this information already. Of course that doesn't take away from the value of the book as each author has a different ways of expressing Information for their audience.

Things I particularly liked:

1. This book was quick, concise and to the point! It wasn't long and drawn out filled with a lot of fluff. When it comes to non-ficti
Bill
Oct 15, 2014 Bill rated it it was amazing
For the writer going after the first sale, to the experienced writer with many copies sold, this short, little book gives the basics of what needs to be done areas such as marketing, email, forming relationships with readers, social media, and so on.

If you're writing your first book, a review of all you need to do, to get the word out and build your reader base, is here. For the experienced writer, don't forget that new launch - and it can be overwhelming. Here, the book serves as a checklist of
Chuck
Apr 15, 2016 Chuck rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Hitz hits it on the nose

Authors are concerned these days with building their platform. A strong platform means strong sales. The days where authors only write and publishers promote and sell are long gone, if they were truly ever here.

In a short, quickly read book, Shelley Hitz teaches us her BUILD and GROW system to develop a sound author platform. While the ideas aren't ground breaking to anyone knowledgeable with the topic, her organization and analysis is truly inspired. Both the beginner a
Kimberley Payne
Oct 17, 2014 Kimberley Payne rated it it was amazing
Shelley’s done it again! Another compact book jammed full of useful information.

I love Shelley’s personal tone and transparency in sharing. She offers a simple 9-step formula that is easy to remember using the B.U.I.L.D. and G.R.O.W. acronyms.

She provides a long term strategy for success that includes bonus video training and links to additional resources.

I highly recommend this book to authors in any stage of their career.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Lisa Blair
Nov 09, 2014 Lisa Blair rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Authors
Shelves: writing
This eBook is simple, yet delivers powerful, effective truths. It's not a guide to instant success, but a strategy to build a firm foundation that you can build upon as an author.

It gives sound advice, not get-rich quick gimmicks. Shelley states, "Put these strategies to work, it's a long-term strategy to success to increase your exposure, to get your message to more people, and to sell more books."

*Note: I received a free copy of this book; however, the posted opinion is my own.
Louisa Black
Oct 23, 2014 Louisa Black rated it really liked it
A great book to help you refocus on what you need to be doing instead of being dragged down with things you don't. It is short, to the point and very encouraging to read, the author is clearly passionate about helping others, like myself, who definitely need it! Praise the Lord x
DeAnna Troupe
Nov 08, 2014 DeAnna Troupe rated it it was amazing
This book is an awesome book for new authors or current authors that want to increase sales. The authors do a great job of giving the reader a clear and concise path to more sales. I was provided this book by the author in exchange for my honest review.
Quartknee
May 12, 2015 Quartknee rated it liked it
It felt more like an extended blog post and to me, it's probably more booklet than 'book' but there is some good information included. Much of it feels a bit over simplified but that makes for a quick read.
Steven Atwood
Jan 12, 2015 Steven Atwood rated it it was amazing
Very interesting

Shelley has some real good ideas. This is among the few marketing books where I broke out the pad and started to not things down. Highly recommended.
Christopher Lakin
It's a usual Shelley Hitz book, well written, brilliant information, and absolutely worth every penny
Julian Hayes
Julian Hayes rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2015
Ralph Mayhew
Ralph Mayhew rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Cindy Lynn
Cindy Lynn rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2015
Dina
Dina rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2014
Kevin Donaldson
Kevin Donaldson rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2016
Tiffany Shand
Tiffany Shand rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Charlena Pearson-fulcher
Charlena Pearson-fulcher rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2015
Terri Schrandt
Terri Schrandt rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Alberta Ross
Alberta Ross rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Michelle Cary
Michelle Cary rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Carsten Hansen
Carsten Hansen rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2016
Susan Neal
Susan Neal rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Shelley Hitz
Oct 10, 2014 Shelley Hitz rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jason Mccolly
Jason Mccolly rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Heather King
Heather King rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
D. Owsley
D. Owsley rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Wayne Davies
Wayne Davies rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2015
Shelley Hitz is an award-winning and international best-selling author. However, most importantly she is a wife, daughter, sister, friend and follower of Christ. She has been ministering alongside her husband, CJ, since 1998 and her main passion is to share God's truth and the freedom in Christ she has found with others. She does this through her books, websites and speaking engagements.

She is als
More about Shelley Hitz...