Start by marking “Around the Table: Recipes and Inspiration for Gatherings Throughout the Year” as Want to Read:
Around the Table: Recipes and Inspiration for Gatherings Throughout the Year

Around the Table: Recipes and Inspiration for Gatherings Throughout the Year

The widely acclaimed country music megastar Martina McBride invites fans into her home, her kitchen, and her family’s traditions in this, her first-ever book—a beautiful full-color illustrated collection of culinary celebrations, complete with cherished recipes and menus for cooking and entertaining at home.

One of country music’s most beloved singers, Martina McBride enjoy

Published October 7th 2014 by William Morrow Cookbooks

To ask other readers questions about Around the Table, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Around the Table

Ashley Katsuyama
Nov 24, 2014 Ashley Katsuyama rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
Firstly, I would consider this more of an entertaining book rather than a cookbook. It has tons of super delicious recipes, but they are all simple to execute and can mostly be prepped beforehand, making them perfect for parties. Martina walks you through a number of different themed parties that she has hosted, touching on invitations, decor, menu and even favors. She doesn't spend more than a page or two on anything other than food, and encourages you to make each one your own.

As someone who
Linda
Jul 21, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite singers who packs a powerful voice into a petite body. Martina McBride also manages a marriage and family with 3 daughters. She understands trying to cram family dinners and occasional entertaining into whatever free time you can manage. These are some of her favorite recipes.

She lays them out for different occasions but makes it clear you can mix and match. I like the game plan that sets out a timetable for getting things done. I really like her playlists where she suggests t
Theresa
Mar 24, 2015 Theresa rated it it was amazing
This book would be a great gift for anyone new to entertaining. McBride provides a step-by-step planning guide for 10 seasonal parties. Each party has a menu, music playlist, decoration and favor suggestions, a cooking game plan, and recipes. Beautiful illustrations round out the book. The author always encourages the reader to use as little or as much of the menu as needed.
Naomi
Jan 01, 2016 Naomi rated it really liked it
What an awesome little cookbook for the entertainer! Not only easy to prepare recipes, but music and designing ideas to boot. I was able to grab this book while on sale and one of the best $1.99 purchases I have made.
Amy Brack
Feb 24, 2015 Amy Brack rated it really liked it
I look forward to trying some of these recipes. More than any of the recipes though, I really enjoyed how she organizes and plans events. My biggest reservation with entertaining is how to prepare everything to be ready on time, while still spending time with my guests.
Roberta Pell
The book was good, and I am glad that I didn't pay full price for it.
Some of the tips are great, and the recipes seems nice, but didn't really attract my attention for long.
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Sep 29, 2016 Ambur Taft rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks-health
*Drink Recipes & Party Planning*
Meghan
Meghan rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2015
Stacey
Stacey rated it it was ok
Dec 18, 2014
Dorothy Maher
Dorothy Maher rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2016
Phyllis
Phyllis rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2015
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Georgiana Nance
Georgiana Nance rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2015
Kara
Kara rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2015
Salena
Salena rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Darlene Graham
Darlene Graham rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2015
Teresa
Teresa rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2015
Noel
Noel rated it did not like it
Sep 03, 2015
Pinky
Pinky rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2016
Winifred Jordan
Winifred Jordan rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Sarah Myers
Sarah Myers rated it really liked it
May 13, 2015
Sarah Robinson
Sarah Robinson rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
VirginiaGirl14
VirginiaGirl14 rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2016
Terri Porrino
Terri Porrino rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015