Start by marking “His Insignificant Other” as Want to Read:
His Insignificant Other

His Insignificant Other

When Casey Beck's first love shows up again - on Casey's doorstep, no less - it's the beginning of a search for the truth about love, trust, sex, friendship and jealousy.
Published September 1st 2006 by Dafina (first published May 28th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about His Insignificant Other, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Insignificant Other

Amber
Sep 10, 2008 Amber rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
read this over the weekend while camping. Held my interest, but might have a hit a little too close to home in some areas. Not quite in the right mood for it when I read it. Story about a woman dealing with jealousy issues with her boyfriend and his ex, and how she deals with him cheating on her.
Titilayo
Sep 09, 2009 Titilayo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book gave me the feeling that some one had watched all my relationships and my friends' relationship & then transcribed our insecurities into the main character's thoughts. It was eerie. I have definitely been there and done that when it comes to trying to balance myself, my career, my friends, and my man against outside forces. In this case the outside forces was another woman, but sometimes in life you find yourself competing against sports, family, friends, drugs, alcohol, an ...more
Mia
Aug 20, 2011 Mia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I agree with prior reviews that this book did hit a little too close to home. I'm a little angry right now at the way it ended because I feel it was just a little bit too easy for her to run to LA. All the pieces just happened to come together - I don't buy it. It also bothers me to read/see women like her. Women who are so weak and stay in a friendship/relationship because that's all they know.

Like I said, I'm a little angry! But overall, quick and fun read.
Kim
Nov 27, 2011 Kim rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too unrealistic. The story begins with the ex coming into the current girlfriend's apartment asking about the boyfriend and for a glass of water and a place to stay.
C.C. Solomon
Sep 13, 2008 C.C. Solomon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this writer. She writes outside the box of what is typical for african american and tells a good cross cultural story.
Janet
Chicklit. Professor of film studies agonizes over boyfriend and his ex.
Shonell Bacon
Jun 27, 2008 Shonell Bacon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My FAVE book of Siplin's, and I love them all!
Gen (hearts books)
Gen (hearts books) marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Francesca Milton
Francesca Milton marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Cathy Kellers
Cathy Kellers rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Jamilla_
Jamilla_ marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Salliewt
Salliewt rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Tara  Rugg
Tara Rugg marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Lareeta
Lareeta marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Lea
Lea is currently reading it
Feb 07, 2016
Karen Reynolds
Karen Reynolds marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Aisha
Aisha rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2015
Karoline
Karoline rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2015
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Jenna Kolesari
Jenna Kolesari marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Luschus Beth
Luschus Beth marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Kinika
Kinika rated it it was ok
Apr 05, 2016
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
See Karen Siplin

KAREN SIPLIN was born in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn, New York and raised in Coney Island. She attended John Dewey High School in Bensonhurst, and received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Film Production from CUNY's Hunter College.

Her first novel, His Insignificant Other (Simon & Schuster 2002), was a Borders Original Voices selection and named one of Cosmopolitan Maga
More about Karen V. Siplin...