Start by marking “Story” as Want to Read:
Story

Story

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating Details ·  4 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Story is a series of narrative poems that explores resilient stories found in seemingly quiet moments. This collection seeks to observe the small but significant things around our world and in our own lives, and to record it in variety. Individual poems hold their own unique tale, as if everyday the book can beckon, “come here and let me tell you a story.”

Poetry chapbook
Published February 22nd 2015 by Finishing Line Press (first published January 10th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Story

LK Hunsaker
Jun 20, 2015 LK Hunsaker rated it it was amazing
Catherine Moore is poetry's answer to Marilynne Robinson's fiction. Her use of language is remarkably beautiful, inventive but understandable, finely crafted, and a joy to read. Story is full of emotion and real life drama that grabs you gently. Each poem made me want to stop reading to let that one sink in, but also to keep reading for the depth and beauty of both text and context. I'm not a big poetry reader in general, and I rarely re-read a book, but this one will stay handy because it's a d ...more
Catherine Moore
Oct 08, 2014 Catherine Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: poetry readers, literary readers

Catherine Moore's poems transport the reader between the mythological and the pragmatic, the exotic and the everyday. Her diction is as diverse as it is pleasant, with memorable lines like "riff raff of a lesser god" grabbing the reader. This collection will have you coming back for second reads a third or fourth time.

John Davis, Jr. – author of Middle Class American Proverb

Catherine Moore’s collection of poems leads readers into a careful world of intuitive language (“the way the smell of somet
Joseph
Joseph rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2015
Robin Hudson
Robin Hudson marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Philip
Philip marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016