Start by marking “Doodles: A Really Giant Coloring and Doodling Book” as Want to Read:
Doodles: A Really Giant Coloring and Doodling Book

Doodles: A Really Giant Coloring and Doodling Book

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Renowned children's book illustrator Taro Gomi invites kids of all ages to not only color, but also draw, imagine, and create. Unfinished pictures and intriguing prompts foster children's powers of visualization, and at nearly 400 pages, this book provides plenty of room to stretch the imagination.
Published May 4th 2006 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Doodles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doodles

Joe Gregorio
I don't know who has more fun with this, me or the kids. The best is me and boys sitting on the couch working on drawings together. I liked it so much I created a flickr group to share completed pages.
Trish
It is one thing to be creative sitting in your room with a blank piece of paper, and it is another to be stimulated to thought by the beginnings of doodles given one by Taro Gomi. I simply adore the spur to creative thought that Taro Gomi gives us. It was the first doodling book I came across, and it remains the best I've seen. There are a slew of other doodling books out there now, but this remains the classic. Not so fine as to stump a "naive" artist, and not so complete as to stymie a creativ ...more
ZZ
Jan 15, 2008 ZZ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children who love to draw.
Recommended to ZZ by: My papa.
This is the best book! My parents got it at Barnes & Noble before we drove to North Carolina...it is like a coloring book but way better. It encourages my creativity and helps me to draw and be very clever in my art work. It was kind of expensive ($20.00) but my parents think it was worth it and they will get me a new Doodles book if they make a second volume.
Elle
This is really cool. I think I'll buy one for each kid. I'll have to wait to give it to them until they're maybe 8.
Fran
Such a fantastic book to help capture (anyone's) imagination!
Paula
so much fun for the entire family!
Autumn
best coloring book ever
Nicole Edwards
Nicole Edwards marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Suvi Ahonen
Suvi Ahonen marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Atheer Naeem
Atheer Naeem marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Deanna
Deanna added it
Aug 06, 2014
Kyra
Kyra marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Taro Gomi is a major children’s illustrator and writer. He has more than 400 book titles to his credit. His work has been widely translated into 15 other languages.

Tarō was born in Tokyo and he graduated from ID department, Kuwazawa Design Institute. His readers range from babies to adults, with an equal number of fans overseas. His work has been appreciated considerably with both domestic and int
More about Taro Gomi...
Everyone Poops Spring is Here My Friends/Mis Amigos Scribbles: A Really Giant Drawing and Coloring Book Bus Stops