Doodles: A Really Giant Coloring and Doodling Book

Doodles: A Really Giant Coloring and Doodling Book

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Renowned children's book illustrator Taro Gomi invites kids of all ages to not only color, but also draw, imagine, and create. Unfinished pictures and intriguing prompts foster children's powers of visualization, and at nearly 400 pages, this book provides plenty of room to stretch the imagination.
Published May 4th 2006 by Chronicle Books

Joe Gregorio
I don't know who has more fun with this, me or the kids. The best is me and boys sitting on the couch working on drawings together. I liked it so much I created a flickr group to share completed pages.
Trish
It is one thing to be creative sitting in your room with a blank piece of paper, and it is another to be stimulated to thought by the beginnings of doodles given one by Taro Gomi. I simply adore the spur to creative thought that Taro Gomi gives us. It was the first doodling book I came across, and it remains the best I've seen. There are a slew of other doodling books out there now, but this remains the classic. Not so fine as to stump a "naive" artist, and not so complete as to stymie a creativ...more
ZZ
Jan 15, 2008 ZZ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children who love to draw.
Recommended to ZZ by: My papa.
This is the best book! My parents got it at Barnes & Noble before we drove to North Carolina...it is like a coloring book but way better. It encourages my creativity and helps me to draw and be very clever in my art work. It was kind of expensive ($20.00) but my parents think it was worth it and they will get me a new Doodles book if they make a second volume.
Elle
This is really cool. I think I'll buy one for each kid. I'll have to wait to give it to them until they're maybe 8.
Fran
Such a fantastic book to help capture (anyone's) imagination!
Paula
so much fun for the entire family!
Autumn
best coloring book ever
Janet Marfleet
Janet Marfleet marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Dr. Cecilia
Dr. Cecilia marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Destiny Elkins
Destiny Elkins marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Bailey
Bailey marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Alaska Maxwell
Alaska Maxwell marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Damali
Damali added it
Mar 31, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Melissa Shu Fen
Melissa Shu Fen marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Julie Kb
Julie Kb marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Diva
Diva marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Nathália Zanette
Nathália Zanette marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Rocio Del pilar
Rocio Del pilar marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Everyone Poops Spring is Here My Friends/Mis Amigos Scribbles: A Really Giant Drawing and Coloring Book Bus Stops