The Shield of Weeping Ghosts (Forgotten Realms: The Citadels, #3)

The Shield of Weeping Ghosts (The Citadels #3)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  101 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The past will come back to haunt them...

A group of warriors from Rashemen escorts an exiled wizard to a ruined citadel in the City of Weeping Ghosts. Once there, the wizard discovers a barbarian tribe is trying to unlock the secrets of the citadel and the weapon that destroyed it two thousand years ago.

A series that centers on the citadels - castles, keeps, fortreeses, an...more
Published May 6th 2008 by Wizards of the Coast

Drivenedge
I really enjoyed this book, as it was seeping with excitement and fantasy! I was completely lured into the mythology that was created,with the Author's colorful adjectives used in describing the environment.I felt the cold,icy, winds that blew in from the Arctic plains.

The story is intense and action packed weaving your mind into the dramatic story, of forged alliances and lost love.The mystery locked inside the "Shield" will test even the strongest bonds between Warriors. The ghosts trapped in...more
ReD
As a big fan of the Forgotten Realms setting, I was none the less expecting something different. I was expediting a strong fighter, a hot mage, some dwarves, and dragons. When I saw ghosts, I expected liches. After all, this is Dungeons and Dragons, right?

I was pleasantly surprised. I would easily recommend this book to my friends who have little knowledge of D&D, because the story is easy to follow and the magic isn't overwhelming.

PROS:

- A surprisingly refreshing plot for a dungeons and dra...more
Steve
Being interested in Rasheman, and having no other Forgotten Realms novels on hand to read, I went out on a limb, and picked up The Shield of Weeping Ghosts. I had been avoiding the novels in The Citadels series, not liking the material that the covers were made of, and the assumption that the novels weren’t that great in general, citing a bunch of other recent stand-alone novels that I just did not like.

I’ll admit, I was pleasantly surprised. The novel, as a whole, was a lot better than I was ex...more
Bruce
the story had some very good elements but the non-action segments were pedantic and plodding, I did like the character development but I found my self wanting to skip whole sections of story to just get it over with. Too much of the combat was unnecessary and could have better developed the slower searching/introspection sections. More time could have been spent on the darthan and her tiefling companion as they remained cyphers right up to the final chapters
Robin P.
I'm a fan of Forgotten Realms books in general, but this one was pretty awful. The story was pointless. I didn't like the characters. I only finished this book because I was bored. There are much better FR books out there, so don't read this one.
Rosemary
I read this when it came out and enjoyed James' spooks immensely. Perfect for a Halloween FR treat or just a ghostly read at any time!
Cory
Part of the Citadels series, set in the Forgotten Realms.
Carl Mcdaniel
Carl Mcdaniel marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Daniel Ebbert
Daniel Ebbert marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Olivia
Olivia added it
Jul 10, 2014
Joseph S. Mudd
Joseph S. Mudd marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Shawn Camp
Shawn Camp marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Brett
Brett is currently reading it
Jun 22, 2014
Doug
Doug marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Sabrina
Sabrina marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Rusty Schaeffer
Rusty Schaeffer marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Midu Hadi
Midu Hadi marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Michaella Reed
Michaella Reed marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Sentinelspire (Forgotten Realms: The Citadels, #4)
  • Obsidian Ridge (Forgotten Realms: The Citadels, #2)
  • Neversfall (Forgotten Realms: The Citadels, #1)
  • Stardeep (Forgotten Realms: The Dungeons, #3)
  • Crypt of the Moaning Diamond (Forgotten Realms: The Dungeons, #4)
  • Queen of the Depths (Forgotten Realms: The Priests, #4)
  • Depths of Madness (Forgotten Realms: The Dungeons, #1)
  • Mistshore (Forgotten Realms: Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep, #2)
  • The Ruby Guardian (Forgotten Realms: The Scions of Arrabar, #2)
  • Whisper of Waves (Forgotten Realms: Watercourse, #1)
  • Son of Thunder (Forgotten Realms: The Fighters, #3)
  • Mistress of the Night (Forgotten Realms: The Priests, #2)
  • Viper's Kiss (House of Serpents #2)
  • Star of Cursrah (Forgotten Realms: Lost Empires, #3)
  • The Sword Never Sleeps (Knights of Myth Drannor #3)
  • Lord of Stormweather (Forgotten Realms: Sembia, #7)
193495
I am a freelance writer (horror, fantasy, and some occasional sci-fi) married and living in the same house with a psychotic feline creature that most people mistake for a cat. I'm occasionally addicted to sudoku and cannot pass up a good riddle, logic puzzle, or mystery (my wife refuses to watch CSI with me and I play Clue with a vengeance). I play D&D as often as I can and like trying to kill...more
More about James P. Davis...
Bloodwalk (Forgotten Realms: The Wizards, #2) Circle of Skulls (Forgotten Realms: Ed Greenwood Presents: Waterdeep, #6) The Restless Shore (Forgotten Realms: The Wilds, #2) The Rowman & Littlefield Guide to Writing with Sources Realms of the Dragons II (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #10)