Start by marking “Nina Kimberly the Merciless” as Want to Read:
Nina Kimberly the Merciless
Preview

Nina Kimberly the Merciless

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  254 ratings  ·  19 reviews
She's on a mission... To kill the man who loves her...

Why?

Because he's an idiot.

Nina Kimberly The Merciless is the story of a teenage barbarian princess who must rid herself of an obnoxious royal suitor, replace him with a hero, and then grow into her destiny as a...

Well, that she hasn't decided yet.
Podiobook, 1 page
Published 2006 by Christiana Ellis

To ask other readers questions about Nina Kimberly the Merciless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nina Kimberly the Merciless

Infected by Scott SiglerEarthcore by Scott SiglerThe Rookie by Scott SiglerNocturnal by Scott SiglerAncestor by Scott Sigler
Best Free Audiobooks
34th out of 157 books — 475 voters
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsNobody Loves a Bigfoot Like a Bigfoot Babe by Simon OkillGood Omens by Terry PratchettInsufficient Mating Material by Rowena CherryThe Invasion of Falgannon Isle by Deborah MacGillivray
Humor is the Best Medicine
164th out of 605 books — 405 voters

More lists with this book...

J.L. Hilton
Refreshing, laugh-out-loud funny, and unpredictable, this is an amazing first novel by Christiana Ellis. Before I was halfway through, my tween daughter stole it from me and read the entire thing in ONE DAY before I could get it back. And then when I was finished, she took it back to read again and to keep on her own bookshelf. She said it was better than "Series of Unfortunate Events" - which is one of her favorite series - because it wasn't miserable ("All that sad stuff gets OLD"), and it was ...more
Josh Hamacher
I can not fathom all of the five-star reviews here and on Amazon. I managed to slog through about the first third of this book. I haven't yet given up and may come back and try to finish it but after that third I just had to take a break and read something else.

What don't I like? The plot, the characterization, pretty much everything except the actual writing. The writing is fine; simplistic, like it was written by a talented junior-high student, but perfectly readable in the "it effectively tel
Bryan457
Nina Kimberly the Merciless is a barbarian princess who would like to kill the royal pain in the behind, King Francis. But she can't without destroying her own people in the process. So she sets out on a quest to find a way to kill him.

This podiobook has a gory beginning. Nina chops off somebody's head in the 1st paragraph. This is the only gore in the podiobook.

5 stars to the interaction between Nina and Francis, I loved that part. 3 stars to Tiernon the dragon. he proved to be a decent charac
Mike
I really enjoyed this, in the Podiobook version read by the author, whose voice acting is remarkable.

The clueless Francis is particularly brilliantly characterised. I would usually be bothered by modern American slang in a pseudomedieval fantasy book, but it so perfectly conveys Francis's idiocy.

I occasionally thought that Nina herself was a little fearful for the daughter of a barbarian raider, but mostly what she was fearful about was not physical combat but relationships and complex social s
Betsy
I reread this because I needed fun, hilarity, and a gripping plot. Nina Kimberley delivers all these things. Dripping, on a pike.

Simon C
Generally entertaining stuff. I thought the ending was nicely handled and there was a likeable collection of characters. Perhaps the biggest problem I had was that apart from the very start, Nina isn't especially merciless and the book doesn't seem sure which way it should go and how far. I also thought portraying a character as a surfer dude just didn't work and became a bit grating. Overall, though, it was an amusing and quite original book.
Nicole
I was looking for a recommend and someone said to check out common license books, specifically this one. I thought the story was fun, it made me laugh out loud a few times. I'm pretty sure I've been asked by King Francis before, lol. I like the dragon and thought the ending was perfect. Definitely a good book if you want something light and fun.
Marciealana
She's not a princess, she's not a barbarian, and she certainly doesn't need to be rescued.

It's a light read/listen, but the humor is priceless. The plot twists are wonderful and a bit unexpected as well. The ending came all too soon and wrapped up a little too neatly, but left me hoping for more.
Ashley
I thought a great deal of this book overall, but felt that the story dragged terribly with the dialog due to some of the excessive details of facial characteristics etc... I also felt that Nina seemed a bit dense at times when she was portrayed in the story to be very smart. Overall, a good story.
Jared
I'm not a big fantasy fan--more of a sci-fi guy then anything--but this was a hilarious take on the genre, an excellent book. Dare I say The Princess Bride of this generation? Yes, I do think I dare.
Kimberly
I absolutely loved this book. It was fun and it takes a lot of work for the author to put this together. I think she did a great job and hope there is a follow up.
Joseph Moniz
It's a decent fantasy story that seems well suited for the young-adult crowd. 3 Stars to me is "I'd re-read it when I'm out of new books to read."
Alan
A fun comic fantasy novel. Longer review here:
Abbey
Loved this! Fun, funny and original. I listened to the podcast from the author.
Deoro
Cute idea and somewhat unusual plot. Light reading with lots of magic and dragons.
J. Sterling Smith
Have to love a book that begins with a decapitation and just gets better from there.
Words
A very fun and refreshing read that had me smirking and chuckling despite myself.
David Henry
Good story but like many books it ended rather poorly.
Doug
Another great story from Christiana !
Ajyram
Ajyram marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Christian Köpf
Christian Köpf marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Dandelionsteph
Dandelionsteph marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Murder at Avedon Hill
  • Morevi: The Chronicles of Rafe and Askana (Book 1)
  • The Case of the Singing Sword
  • Wasteland
  • 7th Son: Deceit (Book Two in the 7th Son Trilogy)
  • Chasing the Bard (Fey #1)
  • Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era
  • Crescent
  • Full Share (Golden Age of the Solar Clipper, #3)
  • The Immortals
  • Singularity
Space Casey Space Casey, Season 2 (Space Casey #2) Space Casey: Illustrated Script and Activity Book Gimme Shelter 7th Son: Obsidian