Start by marking “The Dynamics of Persuasion: Communication and Attitudes in the 21st Century” as Want to Read:
The Dynamics of Persuasion: Communication and Attitudes in the 21st Century

The Dynamics of Persuasion: Communication and Attitudes in the 21st Century

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The Dynamics of Persuasion provides a comprehensive and up-to-date introduction to persuasive communication and attitude change. Offering a thorough discussion of classic and contemporary theories of persuasion, this text explores the structure and functions of attitudes, consistency between attitude and behavior, and issues in attitude measurement.

Examining persuasion thr
Published October 1st 2007 by Lawrence Erlbaum Associates (first published February 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The Dynamics of Persuasion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dynamics of Persuasion

Larry McCloskey
A bit of a one-size-fits-all textbook on persuasion, this book borrows heavily from other authors but casts that previous scholarship in a uniquely accessible light.

Having had the pleasure of taking this course and using this text under the author, I can tell you that this book brings to life his enthusiasm and genuine passion for the subject matter. Cialdini's "Influence" and in so doing, takes the plethora of useful information from Cialdini's work and makes it palatable, removing the monotony
Linda
This book is easy to read and provides a clear overview of the primary theories of persuasive communication.
Jvermeersch
We used this book in my undergraduate course at university (Communication Sciences), and it also was a good reference work for my Master's thesis on strategies for immunization against persuasion. A book I would suggest to anyone interested in persuasive communication! Written in a very fluent and accessible style, with plenty of real-life examples.
Julia
Amazing book! Well written, fluent in language, understandable and well explained. This was an interesting read and is highly recommendable for people who want to know the basics, but also in depth explained details of persuasion.
I read this book as a textbook for a class. It isn't bad. I did learn a number of things. It just didn't grab me the way some of the other non-fiction books I have been reading lately have.
John
John marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Caroline Ciccone
Caroline Ciccone is currently reading it
Apr 23, 2015
Jack
Jack marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Walterfrosch
Walterfrosch marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Vikram
Vikram marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Dawit
Dawit marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Odanyang
Odanyang marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Majo Balko
Majo Balko marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Terri Matyus
Terri Matyus marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Bryelle Marshall
Bryelle Marshall marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Panch
Panch added it
Nov 29, 2014
Pip
Pip added it
Nov 26, 2014
Jeni
Jeni marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Smita
Smita added it
Sep 26, 2014
이수연
이수연 marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Political Communication: Politics, Press, and Public in America The Dynamics of Political Communication: Media and Politics in a Digital Age Persuading People to Have Safer Sex: Applications of Social Science to the AIDS Crisis Social Class in Contemporary Japan: Structures, Sorting and Strategies Communication and Racial Disparities in Health Care