Start by marking “The Devil's Daughter (Devil to Pay, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Devil's Daughter (Devil to Pay, #1)

The Devil's Daughter (Devil to Pay #1)

3.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  89 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
To free herself from Hell, Lucy needs to claim one last soul, and she knows just the one she wants.

Jed Caine is in need of a woman who will keep his house and cook his meals. Instead, he finds himself with a wife who neither cooks nor cleans and who challenges him at every turn.

He wants her heart; she wants his soul, and it would seem the only things standing in their way
Published January 1st 2011 by Laura Drewry (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Devil's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil's Daughter

Sandy M
Jul 27, 2011 Sandy M rated it it was ok
This is my first Laura Drewry book and I’ve actually had it a while. Based on the blurb I thought I would enjoy the story, but, unfortunately, I never warmed up to the heroine and this ended up being a disappointing read. For me it was too late to like her when she finally decided to toss her selfish ways for love, even if she is the devil’s daughter. I just couldn’t give her the benefit of the doubt, and not because of her relatives from hell.

Lucy Firr is determined to get out of hell and out f
Cheryl
Dec 30, 2008 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Lucy Firr is a stunning beauty but watch it that you don’t make her mad. She has a temper like the devil, which just happens to be her father. Lucy makes a deal with her father that if she brings him a soul that in exchange, she wants her freedom. He agrees.

Lucy arrives in the town of Redemption. There she sets her sights on Jed Caine. Jed is still trying to figure out why he is even attending a wife’s action. He doesn’t want a wife but he does need someone to help take care of Maggie; his brot
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Jen

I had read Laura's earlier straight historical (meaning non-paranormal) westerns, Charming Jo and Here Comes The Bride, but hesitant to pick up this first book in a new series. To me, paranormal and western just don't really seem to go hand in hand. So, I'd just passed over these books. Then I received Laura's newsletter in my inbox and I decided to contact her to come guest on our blog. It hit me that she'd be promoting the release of book 2 in the series and should probably read
Lynn Spencer
Dec 04, 2012 Lynn Spencer rated it liked it
Shelves: western
I reviewed this book back in 2008, but it's been reissued and is free for the downloading on Amazon today.

I gave this a B-, so really it would be 3.5 stars for me here. Though not without flaws, I remember it being a fun read and here is what I had to say about it: There are some books that just sound like they shouldn't work. At first blush, The Devil's Daughter appeared to be one of these. A plot involving not a figure of speech, but the Devil's actual daughter - and one described as a "love
K
Jun 19, 2014 K rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There were some obviously predictable parts and not quite as much character development (or sass) as I wanted, but there are worse ways to kill a plane ride.
Daniel
Dec 21, 2012 Daniel rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable. I also really liked Deacon's character and am glad to see he's appearing in book 2 which I now must find and read.
Carrie at Paper Bindings
DNF- started out interesting then I quickly lost interest due to the characters.
Nikel27
Nov 05, 2009 Nikel27 rated it liked it
Shelves: bookcrossing-com
not read ==> bookcrossing book - available for trade at ....
Oriana
Dec 15, 2007 Oriana added it
Shelves: read-for-work
Very, very, extremely, very, very bad.
Victoria Newman
Jan 29, 2013 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Adriana
Nov 06, 2012 Adriana marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, i-own-free, amazon
Free 11/6/12 at Amazon
Melissa Denneny
Melissa Denneny marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Jennifer Leighton
Jennifer Leighton marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
VANESSA
VANESSA rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2016
Mary Pitre
Mary Pitre marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Charlotte Visser
Charlotte Visser marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
carol strawcutter
carol strawcutter rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2016
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
tina kemme
tina kemme rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
Bridget Boehm
Bridget Boehm rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
DJ Sakata
DJ Sakata marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Abn10009
Abn10009 marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Geri
Geri marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Beeta
Beeta marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Oletha Hall
Oletha Hall rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Victoria Hansen
Victoria Hansen marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
  • Game of Hearts  (Happily Ever After Company, #1)
  • California Caress
  • Outcast
  • Cowgirl Up!
  • Beast of Fire (Knights of White, #5)
  • The Bride Wore Feathers
  • Fireblossom
  • Blood Iris 2012
  • One & Only (Gunn Guardsmen #1)
  • Haunting Obsession
  • The Devil's Own Desperado
  • Guns of Seneca 6 (Guns of Seneca 6, #1)
  • Stealing Mercy
  • Winds of Change
  • The Black Witch
  • The God's Wife
  • For The Sake of Sin
  • Golden Fancy
USA Today bestselling author LAURA DREWRY started out writing poetry – unbelievably bad poetry which hopefully will never again see the light of day. With that behind her, she now writes contemporary and historical romance novels with characters who aren’t perfect, who aren’t always nice, and who tend to be a little (or a lot) on the sarcastic side.

Born and raised in British Columbia, Laura spent
More about Laura Drewry...

Devil to Pay (2 books)
  • Dancing with the Devil (Devil to Pay, #2)