Start by marking “The Accused and the Damned” as Want to Read:
The Accused and the Damned

The Accused and the Damned (Eddie McCloskey #3)

When the police arrest Anson Ketcher and charge him with murdering his wife, all he keeps saying is: "The ghost killed her."

Nobody believes him. And nobody should, given Anson's violent past and rocky relationship with his dead wife. Everyone wants to see Anson convicted.

Except Eddie McCloskey, paranormal investigator turned expert witness. Only Eddie can prove the man's
Kindle Edition
Published October 31st 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Accused and the Damned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Accused and the Damned

JenacideByBibliophile
Nov 18, 2015 JenacideByBibliophile rated it it was amazing
“Eddie meant to hold up all his fingers at her, but only the middle one listened”. GOLD :-D

I have come to the conclusion that I am undoubtedly addicted to this series, and that I can no longer live without it. If there were no other books in this series (thank Evan Ronan that there are!), I would dig myself a hole and live in it while crying like a deranged addict who can’t get their next fix.

The Accused and the Damned is about a woman named Alice Ketcher who turns up dead in her home with a br
Ashley Tomlinson
Jan 19, 2015 Ashley Tomlinson rated it really liked it
This is the third book in The Unearthed series and I am still very much obsessed! Evan Ronan has done another great job at amazing me with this Paranormal legal thriller. The Accused and The Damned is the first of it's kind – that's probably why I never heard of a paranormal legal thriller before this.

I was skeptical at first because I don't usually find the legal system entertaining. However, that courtroom scene may have won me over because that was exciting. I was hooked to it with wide eyes
PelicanFreak
Jul 07, 2015 PelicanFreak rated it really liked it
The more I read about Eddie’s cases, the more attached to him I become. This book opens up with him wrapping up a case and he just has so much integrity; after Book 1 kinda portrayed him as a “loser”, even though I read between the lines and saw plenty of integrity, he still makes me smile as he just oozes it at at times.

Ronan has brilliantly created some extremely likeable and relatable characters and he is just a pleasure to read. As it happens, he graciously supplied me with this book to read
Tonya
Dec 23, 2014 Tonya rated it it was amazing
I am hooked on this series. I love how Eddie has grown and changed through out the last 3 books. He is almost completely different in this book, than how he was in the first. He is still Eddie though, just more mature with his decisions and he's staying away from drugs and alcohol.

This book is filled with twists, which are great! We finally meet the famous Tyson Giles, who has been mentioned in the previous books. He has been made out to be a fraud now though. He was outed by Gracie, on her tv
Julie Donovan
Jan 01, 2015 Julie Donovan rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the series

Great editing, interesting storytelling. More murder mysteries then paranormal. I'd love more writing on hauntings with this character. Easy reading. Worth the time.
charles d britt jr
Jun 20, 2015 charles d britt jr rated it really liked it

I am enjoying this series. I am going to read the next book and look forward to more to come.
Louise
Nov 22, 2016 Louise rated it liked it
This was fun to read, but contained like, zero surprises. You pretty much get told who the "bad guy" is right off the bat. Still enjoyable though.
Gidg
Sep 24, 2016 Gidg rated it it was amazing
No Regrets and No Negatives

What an enjoyable read that kept me hooked all the way through despite the fact I figured out who done it and sort of why the perpetrator did the deed halfway through the book. But there were a couple of questions I needed answered and so knowing who did the deed midway through wasn't enough to stop me continuing. I had to see this book through the end, not only to have my questions answered, to see how our protagonist would handle the revelation and how he would convi
Kimberly C. Winslow
May 31, 2016 Kimberly C. Winslow rated it it was amazing
Unique Paranormal adventure!

This author brings you into the world of the unknown with a bang! For those that don't believe in ghosts, great points are made about their being a well known and worshipped ghost better known as Jesus. Many people would be uncomfortable with the comparison but I thought it was brilliant. Well written with new explorations into well traversed territories! Characters well developed and I will look for other work from this author! Any fan of this genre will be satisfied
Babette
Mar 13, 2016 Babette rated it it was amazing
Good read!

The Accused and the Damned by Evan Ronin is good! I was drawn into the book immediately. Connected with the main character & road that wave all the way through the book. The characters are well developed & interesting. The plot is good & I really enjoyed the story. Each time I had to put it down I did not want to & each time l picked it back up I fell right back into it. That to me is one of the marks of a good book. And this is one.
Vickki davenport
Feb 18, 2016 Vickki davenport rated it really liked it
Big Improvement

With this book, Eddie seems to have really come into his own. Unlike the two previous books in the series, this one features well-developed female characters and a plot that is far from predictable. I hope the next book is as good as this one, and I would love to see the new, mature Eddie find a romantic interest that lasts.
Nikki
May 04, 2016 Nikki rated it really liked it
Legal paranormal, indeed. Free downloads are always a 50/50 chance. This time Lady Luck was on my side. Despite not having read either of the first two books in the series, I didn't feel lost or that the author kept beating me over the head with a "previously on Unearthed". The story is intriguing enough that I do want to find out what happened, so I'll probably pick up the first two.
Molly McMurray
Apr 08, 2016 Molly McMurray rated it it was amazing
Excellent on-the-edge-of your-seat story!

This is my first book from this series but it can stand alone. Now, however, I want to read the next one! I DO like paranormal mysteries and this was off the beaten track, making it that much more intriguing. Keep 'em coming, Evan Ronan!
debbie ragan
Apr 12, 2016 debbie ragan rated it really liked it
More mystery than paranormal

I expected more of a ghost story but was disappointed to find it was more of a mystery involving some paranormal activity. I gave it four stars because it was still a good story and we'll written.
Julie Rein
Aug 02, 2016 Julie Rein rated it it was amazing
He did it again another rollercoaster thrill ride

I didn't think he could top the other books but he did! What a thrill ride, could not read it fast enough. Page turning gripping thrill ride that will blow your mind. Highly recommend this series!
Carole J Haley
Jun 12, 2016 Carole J Haley rated it really liked it
Book three

I really enjoyed the first two books in this series. This one, however, there was not enough "ghost" in this ghost story. I will be venturing on to book four and expect it to be at least a four star.
michelle loper
Jul 05, 2016 michelle loper rated it really liked it
Good book

This book details the maturing of Eddie McCloskey. He is finally clean and sober and trying to figure out this thing called life.
Kelly
Mar 19, 2016 Kelly rated it really liked it
There were parts of the first half this book I felt were just drawn out but I still enjoyed it enough to stick with it. Once I hit the halfway point though, I couldn't put the book down!
Brandon Jones
Brandon Jones rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2016
Ellen Young
Ellen Young rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2016
Sonya B Brehm
Sonya B Brehm rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Linda Campbell
Linda Campbell rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2016
Jeffrey Bender
Jeffrey Bender rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Susanne
Susanne rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2016
Gary S. Glass
Gary S. Glass rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Carol Goodwin
Carol Goodwin rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2015
Nicole Mooradian
Nicole Mooradian rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2016
A.C.
A.C. rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Caught on Film: An American Nightmare
  • The Siege (Haunted Series Book 13)
  • Sacrifice
  • Ghostly Deceits (A Harper Harlow Mystery #3)
  • Devil's Throat (The River, #6)
  • Closed at Dark: A Novella (Soren Chase Series)
  • The Haunting of Sam Cabot
  • Black Water Creek
  • River of Bones
  • Ghost Box
  • The Knowing: Book One
  • Gemini
  • The Crawling Darkness (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #3)
  • Crooked House
  • Witch at Heart (Jinx Hamilton Mystery #1)
  • Addictive Paranormal Reads Paranormal Box Set
  • Haunted (A Bridgeton Park Cemetery Book)
  • Echoes (Whisper Trilogy Book 2)
8620261
I write thrillers. I've studied the masters and hopefully I've learned a few things from them.

Ideas are never in short-supply. Time and talent (or lack thereof) are my only constraints.

My stories don't always fit neatly into categories, but that's what readers seem to like about them.
More about Evan Ronan...

Eddie McCloskey (7 books)
  • The Unearthed
  • The Lost
  • The Hysteria
  • The Traveler
  • The Dream Machine (Eddie McCloskey #6)
  • The Possessed (Eddie McCloskey #7)

“After the old man came up for air, he said, “C-O-P-D. Never even smoked a day in my life, you believe that? My lawyer thinks some chemical at the foundry did this to me but it’s impossible to prove. I don’t know what good a settlement would do me anyway. It’s not like I can go to Disney World. If I see any money, I’m going to be irresponsible for the first time in my life and blow it all on hookers and coke.” 1 likes