Start by marking “Hunters of Chaos (Hunters of Chaos, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hunters of Chaos (Hunters of Chaos, #1)

Hunters of Chaos (Hunters of Chaos #1)

Four girls at a southwestern boarding school discover they have amazing feline powers and must unite to stop an ancient evil in this riveting adventure.

Ana's average, suburban life is turned upside down when she's offered a place at the exclusive boarding school in New Mexico that both of her late parents attended. As she struggles to navigate the wealthy cliques of her ne
Published June 9th 2015 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Hunters of Chaos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunters of Chaos

Brandy
Nov 04, 2014 Brandy rated it really liked it
Hunters of Chaos follows four girls from a boarding school in New Mexico: Ana, Lin, Shani, and Doli. The boarding school was built on land that was originally an ancient meeting place for the Brotherhood of Chaos – a conspiracy between ancient peoples. When an important vase is smashed by an evil God it releases powers to the four girls giving them the ability to turn into a Wild Cat: a Jaguar (Ana), a Tiger (Lin), a Lion (Shani), and a Puma (Doli). Together the girls have to face the spirits ...more
Laura Florand
Jul 29, 2015 Laura Florand rated it it was amazing
My devoted reader daughter says this book is really good and is anxious to get the next book. ("Mommy, look this up right away! Is there a sequel? I need the sequel!") So I will pass on the recommendation for those of you looking for books for girls. :) It's a 5-star read for her!
Wonderliv
Jun 09, 2015 Wonderliv rated it really liked it
I got an ARC of this book through Goodreads First Reads Giveaways. And I’m so glad I did!

I dove in and was immediately hooked. A coming-of-age story where teen girls shape-shift into giant felines to save the world from ancient gods? It was a risky endeavor for the author as the mixture of diverse mythologies with the modern world of a school for rich kids could have easily gone way overboard. But the bet was met with great talent and the story flows naturally from the first pages.

As a young ad
Jessica
Jun 01, 2015 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from First Reads Program in exchange for an honest review.

Hunter of Chaos is well-written and promises an action packed story that I really loved. Add to the fact that it's also very magical and full of adventure! But what hooked me is that it's not just a book that one would enjoy because it's not as simple as that. While reading this book, I learned a lot of new things such as "Anazasi." It's a good thing that the author has done her research.
Connor
Oct 25, 2016 Connor rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
So this was pretty much what I was expecting which was all good in my book. It's about four girls descended from different ancient cultures that can turn into big cats. It reminded me a bit of Sailor Moon honestly which gives it bonus points along with points for Star Wars and Harry Potter references that slid in smoothly. It has some totally ridiculous preteeny girl drama and crushes, but I actually thought it fit the story. I'll definitely be reading on to see if this continues to be a very ...more
Anna
Nov 02, 2016 Anna rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!!! It's my new favorite. And I read a lot of books, so that's really sayin' something. I can't wait too read the next book in the series. :)
Katherine
Jun 30, 2015 Katherine rated it really liked it
This review is also posted here at kidsreads.com!

-----

If you, like me, are a fan of mythology and of girls being awesome, then this is the book for you. HUNTERS OF CHAOS is the beginning of a new series from author Crystal Velasquez, and focuses on Ana Cetzal, a young girl of Mayan descent who receives a sudden invitation to attend a prestigious boarding school in New Mexico that had also been attended by her late parents. Things get weird when Ana arrives at the school --- sudden earthquakes re
Dorine White
Jun 28, 2015 Dorine White rated it it was amazing
The Story-
Ana Cetzal has a wonderful life living with her aunt and uncle, but at the beginning of summer, an unexpected letter arrives bearing a full scholarship to Temple Academy in New Mexico. Ana is surprised to learn that before her parent's died, they started a trust fund for her to attend the same academy where they'd met as teenagers. Eager to see where her parents met, but feeling sad about leaving her aunt and uncle, Ana arrives at her new school with a mix of emotions.

Her feelings beco
Cate
Jun 10, 2015 Cate rated it it was amazing
**I received an ARC of this book via Goodreads Giveaways.**
-----------------------------------
Ana soon learns that she and three other girls - with Chinese, Navajo, and Egyptian heritages - harbor connections to priceless objects in the school's museum, and the museum's curator, Ms.Benitez, is adamant that the girls understand their ancestry.
---
Danielle
Jun 30, 2015 Danielle rated it really liked it
Full disclosure: I was friends with the author in high school, so I'm not a completely unbiased reader. I did truly enjoy reading Hunters of Chaos. I started reading it aloud to my 6 year old daughter, but I also read about 2 chapters ahead. And when I got about halfway through I realized that it was probably going to be too scary for her. I warned her about the scary plot turn, and she was so freaked out from my description alone that I had to read her Little Bear for 3 nights in a row just to ...more
Leah
Apr 09, 2016 Leah rated it really liked it
Ana is just a normal girl living with her aunt and uncle until the day her Hogwarts—er, that is to say her Temple Academy acceptance letter—arrives. Then it's off to boarding school with all the usual trials and tribulations: mean girls, crushes, discovering that she and a few other girls have shapeshifting superpowers and are destined to battle the ancient god Anubis and his demonic Brotherhood of Chaos.

This first book in the series brings together four girls descended from great civilizations
Karin
Jul 26, 2015 Karin rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, middlegrade
#40 Couldn't resist this middle grade fantasy - featuring adolescent girls of different ethnic/cultural backgrounds away at a posh boarding school in New Mexico. The girls discover they're descendants of a group of mystical warriors with the ability to turn into big chats and fight the Brotherhood of Chaos, led by Anubis. (Did I mention the big cats?) Fun stuff.
Laura Phelps
Jul 31, 2015 Laura Phelps rated it liked it
Shelves: possiblemsba2015
Exceptionally readable and breezy; this is a great choice for dormant readers who want a lighter introduction to mythology.
Isabella
Isabella rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Nancy Powning
Nancy Powning rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Jacqueline
Jacqueline rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Demi
Demi rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2015
Melody
Melody rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Xylia Neo
Xylia Neo rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Zach
Zach rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
Sharon Kalman
Aug 03, 2015 Sharon Kalman rated it really liked it
Jennifer Priester
Jennifer Priester rated it really liked it
May 22, 2016
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2016
Candy Nunez
Candy Nunez rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2016
April
April rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2015
Lector
Lector rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2015
JustAButterfly
JustAButterfly rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The River of No Return (Jaguar Stones, #3)
  • Frostborn (Thrones & Bones, #1)
  • Six
  • A Most Magical Girl
  • Tut: The Story of My Immortal Life (Tut: My Immortal Life #1)
  • Secrets of Valhalla
  • One Half from the East
  • De eerste bron
  • Summer of the Wolves
  • The Secret Box (The Secret Box, #1)
  • Cartwheeling in Thunderstorms
  • The Accidental Afterlife of Thomas Marsden
  • The Battle Begins (Underworlds, #1)
  • Haunters
  • Rise of the Corpses (The Undertakers, #1)
  • Foxheart
  • The Courage of Cat Campbell
  • Mars Evacuees (Mars Evacuees #1)

Hunters of Chaos (2 books)
  • The Circle of Lies (Hunters of Chaos, #2)