Start by marking “The DC Dead Girls Club: A Vintage True Crime Story of Four Unsolved Murders in Washington DC” as Want to Read:

A True Story of Four Unsolved Murders
Four young women were murdered in the nation’s capital between 1929 and 1935. Their deaths had no connection to each other. Each woman was different. Each murder, though violent and brutal, was unlike the other three women. Other than the fact that all four women were young and beautiful with active love lives, they had little in commo
Published September 26th 2014 by Historical Crime Detective

Terry
Mar 08, 2015 Terry rated it really liked it
Another winner by Morrow!

True crime stories are an art form that few master but Jason Lucky Morrow has done it again. As a fan of this genre for more than forty years I believe I can safely say that if Ann Rule is the queen, then Morrow is the king of true crime reporting! But lucky for all fans. He takes us back to yesteryear so well, it's as if we are in the days before forensics included things like DNA testing and relied on hard, grueling work of interviewing, interviewing and more interview
Aishuu
May 23, 2015 Aishuu rated it really liked it
This is solidly written and paced, which is Morrow's strength as a true-crime writer. Morrow's ability to unfold a story by limiting the information reveal is really laudable - in other words, he unfolds old cases in the order that the general public/police would have discovered it. That makes it engaging.

He also chooses cases which aren't famous in the modern age. Morrow manages to link the four murders together narratively while still managing to make each case stand alone. The studies are sol
Jackie
Oct 11, 2014 Jackie rated it it was amazing
Very well written and I would love to know if they can ever pull these files out of the cold case section and find the murderer or murderers. This is a book about four different young ladies who were killed in the D.C. area and their murders were never solved. Very interesting perspective on how law enforcement handled these cases back in the early 30s.

Thank you for writing such a wonderful story.
Lynn
Sep 18, 2015 Lynn rated it really liked it
Interesting but sadly unsatisfying

Just as mentioned in the title these murders have never been solved. One appears to have been committed by a former police officer who was indicted but got off when incriminating evidence was not allowed to be given at his trial. Otherwise, there are some interesting facts presented but there is no resolution. Sad and unhappy endings to four lives.
Leah
Apr 01, 2015 Leah rated it really liked it
Shelves: history, 2015, true-crime
A fascinating look at crimes that have been long-buried on reels of microfilm. Readers even slightly familiar with modern "Forensics Files"-style detection will be amazed to realize how very little in the way of crime-solving technology was available less than a century ago. One wonders both how many people got away with their crimes..and how many others were wrongly convicted.
Brenda Shelton
Jul 04, 2015 Brenda Shelton rated it it was ok
No real drama

These four stories are interesting for their time, but for readers today they are not really exciting. I wish I could say they held my attention, but I had to put the book aside a few times because I wasn't really interested. Wish I could say something more positive.
Ronda Emele sherwood
Jun 28, 2015 Ronda Emele sherwood rated it really liked it
This is a nice little gem in the annals of true crime stories. I enjoyed the way it was presented and the tone the author used. It is really a travesty that the crimes weren't solved. It doesn't seem like they should have stymied the detectives, but they did.
Stephanie
Oct 21, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was ok
Meh. subject material was interesting, but not very well written. Alternates between being very dry and very schmaltzy. Not the greatest book I have ever read, but my first exposure to these murders. It was a bit refreshing to read about "new" old murders instead of the same old ones.
Natasha Lynn
Jan 15, 2015 Natasha Lynn rated it really liked it
A good quick read

I enjoyed reading about these cases. The writer obviously did a lot of research, and I appreciated the fact that he didn't throw a bunch of his own theories into the mix. I look forward to more books by Mr. Marrow.
Jessica Powell
Jul 29, 2016 Jessica Powell rated it really liked it
I had heard of these cases vaguely, but this book really filled in as much detail as is known. The saddest thing about these stories is that none of the murders were ever officially solved, and the majority left police mystified. An interesting - if tragic - read.
Jacqueline Burgin
Mar 29, 2015 Jacqueline Burgin rated it it was amazing
Nice read

Good to know someone out there still believes ever life matters and when taken justice is necessary if only to put a name or face on it.
Niko
Mar 31, 2015 Niko rated it really liked it
This look at four unsolved murders from the past was not at all bad, and had interesting facts. A well researched look into the past.
Annie Thompson
Apr 19, 2015 Annie Thompson rated it really liked it
Good true crime reading.

Excellent and factual presentation of true crime events from the 1930s era in the nations Capitol. Very intriguing yet straight forward true crime tale.
Talia Orr
May 04, 2015 Talia Orr rated it it was amazing
Good.

I enjoyed all of the stories and it was well written. I love true crime books avg look forward to more.
Mzfitted
Feb 12, 2015 Mzfitted rated it really liked it
Quick and interesting read

This book is about 4 unsolved murders of women in DC . All drew lots of press and long investigations yet the cases remain unsolved.
Baylee Hoskison
Aug 27, 2016 Baylee Hoskison rated it really liked it
What do these murders have in common

Very well put together, interesting , well written.Leaves you trying to figure out who would be the guilty one. Are they all one or more.
Eddy8331
Jul 13, 2015 Eddy8331 rated it it was amazing
Great Cases from the Past

The author details the murders of four women in cases from 1929 to 1936 based on newspapers of that time. Great coverage!
Tina Burnett
Tina Burnett rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2015
Jen
Jen rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was ok
Oct 02, 2015
Mabel
Aug 18, 2016 Mabel rated it really liked it
I really like this author's style.
Nissa
Nissa rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2015
Chrissie Beharry
Chrissie Beharry rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2014
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2015
Lance
Lance rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2015
Christine Robertson
Christine Robertson rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2015
Heather Mark
Heather Mark rated it it was ok
Feb 29, 2016
Toto Noxx
Toto Noxx rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2016
David H Kinvig
David H Kinvig rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2016
Daniel
Daniel rated it liked it
May 14, 2016