Start by marking “Hinterkind, Vol. 3: The Hot Zone” as Want to Read:
Hinterkind, Vol. 3: The Hot Zone

Hinterkind, Vol. 3: The Hot Zone (Hinterkind #13-18)

The Blight spread around the world like wildfire, reducing the human race to ashes. In its aftermath, the Earth was ripe for the picking - and the Hinterkind stepped out from the shadows of myth and legend to reap the harvest.

But where did this global scourge originally come from?

Now the secret of the Blight is finally revealed, as our tale flashes back to a time just bef
Published July 14th 2015 by Vertigo (first published June 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Hinterkind, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hinterkind, Vol. 3

Jonathan
So if stories were people, and three people could have a baby together, I think Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings and the Shannara Chronicles would give birth to Hinterkind.

Fitting conclusion to an excellent story that could have gone on plenty longer than it did.

"Mankind is gone. It's time had come. It is already little more than memory.
We are all Hinterkind now."
Chris Lemmerman
Jul 22, 2015 Chris Lemmerman rated it really liked it
Unfortunately in my mind, I'll always be comparing Hinterkind and Coffin Hill, two Vertigo books that were launched at around the same time that I started reading. Hinterkind only beat Coffin Hill to cancellation by 3 issues, so this final volume is the last storyline of a series that had the potential to go on for a hell of a lot longer.

The volume opens with a two part flashback that gives us some background on the reason why the human race died out in the first place, as well as the background
Haris Krux
Aug 10, 2015 Haris Krux rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
totally unfair that this series ended so briefly. it's probably one of the best post-apoc comics out there.
D
While I loved this series, I feel like this is the weakest (and thus the most disappointing) addition to it. Unfortunately, it's also the conclusion, which is even more disappointing to the readers. Ultimately, I'm not entirely sure I can blame the writers here (or the artist for their gorgeous work) as I'm not sure if the publisher canned the series early or if it simply wasn't well plotted. I think I would have given this a higher rating if not for the rushed nature of the conclusion and the ...more
Andre Simonsen
Sep 20, 2015 Andre Simonsen rated it liked it
So much wasted potential.

The second volume had finally got the characters right and things going with the all-out-war storyline and them it just ends with exposition of what could have been.

It could have really grown into an post-apocalypse Fables but I'm am at least happy we got three volumes.
Angela
Aug 09, 2015 Angela rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2015
If this series continues, after this book is a good place to stop reading. I don't love how the book speeds up and the ending comes with less feeling and focus. I was iffy about reading this volume but the others were just good enough to continue. The book was all right.
Mark
Nov 10, 2015 Mark rated it liked it
Really enjoyed the title arc, an exciting exploration of how the Blight happened, and what was going on just before and after. Shame the whole series wasn't more like that. The series rapidly moves to its end after that, a satisfying storybook-style conclusion.
Sep 21, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it
I did not realize when I picked this up that this would be the final volume, but I'm satisfied with the shortness of the series. The ending felt a bit too tidy, but I liked the surprise of finding out what the humans truly were. A bit out there, but entertaining.
Tarina
May 25, 2016 Tarina rated it it was ok
I feel so let down, I thought this story was new, fresh, inventive. A post apocalypse with elves how cool! Except not because it's basically the most popular fantasy stories slightly rewritten.
Lukas Holmes
Aug 09, 2015 Lukas Holmes rated it liked it
Well. That was abrupt. I did not know the series was ending and still didn't have a clue until the final five pages. Very strange.
Henrik Emilsson
Nov 28, 2015 Henrik Emilsson rated it it was ok
Den avslutande delen av Hinterkind känns som att de avslutade serien betydligt snabbare än vad de ursprungligen tänkte. Därför blir handlingen forcerad. Som helhet ingen serie att rekommendera.
Tory Young
Tory Young rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Sasha
Jun 03, 2016 Sasha rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Oh, it's over?
Aubrey
Aubrey rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Johanna Linder
Johanna Linder rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2015
Janice
Janice rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2015
Joshua
Aug 24, 2015 Joshua rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A great wrap up to the story, but I'm sad to see it go.
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Lia
Lia rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2016
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Elton
Elton rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
Rhys
Rhys rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Daniel Feltrin
Daniel Feltrin rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Chloe A-L
Chloe A-L rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was ok
Dec 17, 2015
Jason Milligan
Jason Milligan rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Meghan Ryan
Meghan Ryan rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Grayson
Grayson rated it it was ok
May 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Edginton sees part of the key to his success coming from good relationships with artists, especially D'Israeli and Steve Yeowell as well as Steve Pugh and Mike Collins. He is best known for his steampunk/alternative history work (often with the artist D'Israeli) and is the co-creator of Scarlet Traces, a sequel to their adaptation of H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds. With 2000 AD we has written ...more
More about Ian Edginton...

Hinterkind (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Hinterkind #1
  • Hinterkind (2013- ) #2
  • Hinterkind (2013- ) #3
  • Hinterkind #4
  • Hinterkind #5
  • Hinterkind #6
  • Hinterkind #7
  • Hinterkind (2013-) #10 (Hinterkind (2013- ))
  • Hinterkind (2013-) #11 (Hinterkind (2013- ))
  • Hinterkind (2013-) #13