Start by marking “Maintaining a Free Mars” as Want to Read:
Maintaining a Free Mars

Maintaining a Free Mars

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1 Rating  ·  2 Reviews
This short story is a classic science fiction tale, written in a more modern style.

When The Machine that runs a Martian colony is knocked out of commission, the city’s Maintenance Department must fix it... before everyone dies. They jostle elbows with their alternate selves.

“Maintaining a Free Mars” is a sensible adventure of paradox and freedom by IPPY award-winning autho
Published October 2nd 2014 by Martian Cantina

To ask other readers questions about Maintaining a Free Mars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maintaining a Free Mars

Jesikah Sundin
Mar 16, 2015 Jesikah Sundin rated it really liked it
An interesting short story featuring a maintenance crew, in a Mars colony, who work on The Machine. The writing is fantastic and I enjoyed the main character's splashes of humor. The story was confusing at times, but the characters were confused. It added to the suspense, in my opinion.

Great read, Janine!
Janine Southard
Oct 02, 2014 Janine Southard added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm a highly biased reader. As the author of this short story, I think it's great! (I also think all the bits I cut are great...)

At the moment, this story is exclusively available on Amazon.
Mandy Walkden-Brown
Mandy Walkden-Brown is currently reading it
Feb 15, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Janine A. Southard writes and edits speculative fiction in between working on videogame projects. She's attended more than the average number of universities, which she claims is a FEATURE not a bug. ("Oxford educated, but Californian at heart;" she's also lived and traveled in Europe, the United States, and Japan.)

Currently, she lives in Seattle with a husband and a cat. The cat pretends to care
More about Janine A. Southard...