Start by marking “The Invincible Iron Man Omnibus, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
The Invincible Iron Man Omnibus, Vol. 1

The Invincible Iron Man Omnibus, Vol. 1

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Iron Man's first few years of activity took him through three sets of armor and his first several showdowns with such archenemies as the Mandarin and the Titanium Man - and confrontations with major menaces like the Chameleon, Count Nefaria, and the Mad Thinker.
Published May 7th 2008 by Marvel (first published May 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Invincible Iron Man Omnibus, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Invincible Iron Man Omnibus, Vol. 1

earthy
Horrifically racist and sexist in hindsight, and thank God the Era Of Excessive Exposition In Comics is mostly gone! Still, it's neat to see the origins of a character, and while these stories may not have the emotional maturity of later Iron Man stuff, they have a sort of nostalgic quality that makes them worth checking out if you're at all interested in classic origin stuff.

I can only hope Marvel stopped using yellow coloring and squinty eyes for Asian characters and bothered to give their fe
Russell Grant
Seemed to be Marvels answer to the red scare. Very predictable stories, and if I never hear about fucking transistors again, I'll die happy.

That said, it is pretty fun on the whole, and it was neat that Iron Man kept changing, constantly (if convienantly) getting new gadgets. Art was fantastic too.
W.T.
I blame my pop for my ridiculous love of Iron Man comics and this, for me, was a must have. It was about $100 and has the first 46-48 issues (I forget off the top of my head) in which Tony Stark makes his debut. This is another book in which i just pick up on a whim and don't feel the need to hurry through. Loving the adventures!
ReemAdel
ReemAdel marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Amy Ratcliffe
Amy Ratcliffe marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
JB
JB marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Richard Anderson
Richard Anderson marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Amanda Gronemeyer
Amanda Gronemeyer marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Anne
Anne added it
Jun 17, 2014
Robin Nelson
Robin Nelson marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Arturo Molina
Arturo Molina is currently reading it
Jun 23, 2013
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Man Solo
Man Solo marked it as to-read
May 15, 2013
Notturna
Notturna marked it as to-read
May 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Stan Lee (born Stanley Martin Lieber) is an American writer, editor, creator of comic book superheroes, and the former president and chairman of Marvel Comics.

With several artist co-creators, most notably Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, he co-created Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Daredevil, the Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Captain America, and many other characters, int
More about Stan Lee...
How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way Essential Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 1 Marvel Masterworks: The Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 1 Marvel Masterworks: The X-Men, Vol. 1 Essential Classic X-Men, Vol. 1