Start by marking “The Invincible Iron Man Omnibus, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
The Invincible Iron Man Omnibus, Vol. 1

The Invincible Iron Man Omnibus, Vol. 1

Iron Man's first few years of activity took him through three sets of armor and his first several showdowns with such archenemies as the Mandarin and the Titanium Man - and confrontations with major menaces like the Chameleon, Count Nefaria, and the Mad Thinker.
Published May 7th 2008 by Marvel (first published May 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Invincible Iron Man Omnibus, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Invincible Iron Man Omnibus, Vol. 1

earthy
May 29, 2012 earthy rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, classic-lit
Horrifically racist and sexist in hindsight, and thank God the Era Of Excessive Exposition In Comics is mostly gone! Still, it's neat to see the origins of a character, and while these stories may not have the emotional maturity of later Iron Man stuff, they have a sort of nostalgic quality that makes them worth checking out if you're at all interested in classic origin stuff.

I can only hope Marvel stopped using yellow coloring and squinty eyes for Asian characters and bothered to give their fe
Russell Grant
Jul 29, 2011 Russell Grant rated it liked it
Seemed to be Marvels answer to the red scare. Very predictable stories, and if I never hear about fucking transistors again, I'll die happy.

That said, it is pretty fun on the whole, and it was neat that Iron Man kept changing, constantly (if convienantly) getting new gadgets. Art was fantastic too.
Justin
Nov 27, 2016 Justin rated it it was amazing
When Marvel introduced the Omnibus series of reprint collections, I had my fingers crossed that they'd eventually get to Iron Man. Fortunately the success of the Iron Man movie made the Armored Avenger a hot property, so I got my wish. These phone book-sized collections of classic Silver Age comics are perfect for those of us who want to read the original material but can't afford the vintage back issues. Volume 1 of the Iron Man Omnibus series collects the initial issues of Iron Man's Tales of ...more
W.T.
Dec 10, 2008 W.T. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I blame my pop for my ridiculous love of Iron Man comics and this, for me, was a must have. It was about $100 and has the first 46-48 issues (I forget off the top of my head) in which Tony Stark makes his debut. This is another book in which i just pick up on a whim and don't feel the need to hurry through. Loving the adventures!
Brent
Oct 31, 2016 Brent rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marvel
Early Marvel is not always the best written stuff, but man isn't it a hoot.
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
May 23, 2009
Sgt Roman Hunter
Sgt Roman Hunter rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2013
Dave
Dave rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2014
Joshua Goodman
Joshua Goodman rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2014
Angela Stevenson
Angela Stevenson rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2012
Karthik Sundararajan
Karthik Sundararajan rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2015
Steve
Steve rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2009
Stephen A. Rhodes
Stephen A. Rhodes rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2012
Pierre Meremans
Pierre Meremans rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2012
Dale Robinson
Dale Robinson rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2014
Richard Remigio
Richard Remigio rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2014
Shaun Saggers
Shaun Saggers rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2013
Steven
Steven rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2008
Chas
Chas rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2011
Matt
Matt rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2012
Chayce
Chayce rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Krekel
Krekel rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2013
Ana
Ana rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2012
Christopher
Christopher rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2010
Kevin
Kevin rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2013
Djaymegreen
Djaymegreen rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2012
Stevaaal
Stevaaal rated it really liked it
May 29, 2014
Sarosh
Sarosh rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2008
Ryan
Ryan rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2013
Eric
Eric rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2008
Stan Lee (born Stanley Martin Lieber) is an American writer, editor, creator of comic book superheroes, and the former president and chairman of Marvel Comics.

With several artist co-creators, most notably Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, he co-created Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Daredevil, the Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, and many other characters, introducing complex,
More about Stan Lee...